xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Age Of Empires 3 Age Of Empires 3 from Microsoft

I've enjoyed AOE3, but have found myself very disappointed in the gameplay. Rather than borrow from Rise of Nations and Empire Earth, the gameplay is mostly the same as the previous installments (with the semi-interesting exception of the home world).The home world is a good idea and I enjoy mixing the cards, but the appearance upgrades don't do much. The home city should start out small, and the upgrades should be significant and noticeable, not just "guy walking around", flags, and boxes. I know, I know.... a small home city would be unrealistic..... but the appearance upgrades are just not meaningful otherwise.Disappointments:- no Conquer the World-style strategic game- slow and limited zoom; shoulda made it capable of zooming in and out further, a la Empire Earth- the battles, compared with what we were told during the development stages, are awful from a tactical perspective. They are just mass attacks, everyone moves as slowly as the slowest unit, and formations are practically useless as they are broken upon entering the fray.- selecting an individual unit is not easy. You can't just click on the box of the unit you want, and finding your hero in a mob can be tough.- Battles lack customization. You've basically got two options - regular or death match. Compare this to the myriad of battle types in Rise of Nations and Empire Earth. Or the great map selection/randomization options in Age of Mythology. The game's replayability is seriously wounded by this lack of customization.I have nothing interesting to say about the good aspects of the game because they are the same as the previous two Age installments. So it's entertaining, but not much of a leap forward. Worth it for Age fans, but hard-core RTS fans would be better served by Empire Earth.

I have kinda bad computer but the graphics are sweet. The cannon shots blow bits of the buildings away and throw troops up in the air. I love The British with their Riflemen. Upgrade them to imperials and they kick **bottom**!I love the storyline to the campaign and the movie clips are really really cool!Get this game! You will not regret it!