xisto Community
ICE-XG

What's Your Favorite Game System - Console select one from each poll

What is your favorite game system!?!  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The computer is defintley what i spend most of my time on but i rarley use it to play games on. I would have to say that the 360 is my favorite system right now, i am addicted to halo 2 and play it every so often when i have some free time. The thought of halo 3 coming out soon makes me anixous to see what they have done with the game. I am really actually hoping they didnt change the basic combat scheme of the game because they nailed it perfectily in the second one.

Ps2 is my favourite mainly because it's the only one i have had (accept ps1 and nintendo64). Would get a ps3 but buying at it's current price is enough to cripple me finance wise.

I think PC is the best system and not just for games. With the existance of the Internet, it is possible to keep updating computers and adding various parts to games, such as new maps or new scenery by simply downloading from the game's websites.On other systems, there is more of a limitation. Even if there is an internet connection, there's not much memory etc available to actually add new content into the games and you will probably find that a lot of the downloads will fail. When a playstation, an xbox or gameboy etc becomes out of date, the console's no longer worth bothering with, you need to go out and buy a whole new system. With a computer, if a new operating system comes out, you only need to upgrade one or two components which usually don't cost a lot of money to change.I guess it's down to the kind of system the person likes playing on. Some people don't like sitting on a computer chair playing on a computer. Others don't really like using their televisions for gaming.

I see where you coming from.Game wise im all for the Sony ps2 console, but realistically the PC is in another league.The PC itself can be used to optimise experience on consoles with online play etc. As you say, other consoles will sooner or later become out of date. You can only develop a console's ability by creating a whole new product (ps1, ps2, ps3 etc) whilst you can use your own knowledge to improve your experience on a computer.I never buy games and play them on a PC however. Usually online play for me! :lol:

The xbox is not a gaming console but a porting platform. And for what it counts, Halo has horrible controls, a too cliche story and is in all aspects beaten by most other FPS. Now for the PS, that has the FF series working for em, although the PS3 is just a more expensive PS2, without any extras. All in all, the PC will always be the best gaming platform for most games, with a very few exceptions. For me, the only real exceptions are Super Smash Brothers, Zelda and Mario and that's the only reason to ever use any gaming device, that's not your pc.

Problem is game consoles are costing a fortune if not for a simple "upgrade" or sometimes overated, therefore people will pay for it. The playstation 3 for example can cost up to 650 (euros) RRP, whereas you could purchase a pretty good PC (with all the standard hardware) at this price or maybe little more. However you can upgrade your computer as you wish, access a huge range of well... everything and you can play games with graphics better than some seen on any other console. Also (what i hate most) when a new updated console is released, lets say xbox 360 for example, they will stop making any half decent charted games for the original xbox. So in other words either buy the 360 or don't play any of the top games. ;)

I think that all of the latest consoles in each range are the best. The Wii, 360, and ps3 all excel in their own way. The Wii with its motionsensor games, its amazing with sports games and other family fun games. The ps3 is brilliant for racing and fps games. And the 360 is a good all rounder with sports games, racing and halo 3 when its out!

I choose Wii. Obviously is the weakest from a graphic point of view and that's no discussion. But I think that is the best by far because of his control, which is a truly innovation that put consoles a little closer to what we know as virtual reality. It's a risk that Nintendo has taken and I think it's pretty cool. And I don't mind if the graphics are poor or even the same as GameCube ones at least there are good games for multiplayer fun, which is always the strong point of nintendo consoles.Besides, nowadays lot of people complain about children playing consoles all time and not wanting to make exercise. It's not the same but at least they move while play videogames that is better to sit in the sofa for hours I guess. :unsure:

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

Wii all the way. I used to be a sony fan, but they blew it with the ps3, and I must say, not a fan of microsoft; though, Halo 3 looks like it would be fun. Nintendo has been down for a few years since its gamecube, but they did an awesome job with the wii. Wii sports is very good excersize; though, I suggest getting lots of room (or a pack of bandages). The graphics are of course limited, but graphics are not the main issue, as you can see with the ps3, the graphics are absolutely amazing; yet, there is no use because the gameplay is horrible, making a car shinier won't make the game any more fun. The sensor sony put in the control last minute was a ditch attempt to try and appeal to more people when they heard nintendo was all sensors. I'd have to say practicallity over attractiveness and nintendo definitly pulled it off, it's even at a great price. The games are cheaper too. All in all, if I were asked, I would definitly suggest the wii over anything else.

I choose Playstation 3, i have never had an xbox so i dont know how it plays.

i think the quality of the playstation 3 is beter then the other consoles,

but you have to pay the price too, :unsure:

The Wii is honestly my favorite. Why? The limitless possibilities for gameplay styles. Plus, I like several of the games that have came out for it. I got to take Super Paper Mario for a spin the other day and I love it. I was kind of disappointed that it didn't have turned based battles, but it still has merit and to be honest playing as Bowser was one of the coolest things ever. The Legend of Zelda is also a good game choice. The only problem I saw was that Red Steel had a problem with control and that worries me that all FPSs will be that difficult to control. I'm not a big fan of FPS, but I do enjoy them from time to time.