xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
takotsu

They're Narutarded! The cursed cartoon straight from Japan

At my school, there is an "Anime Club"at this club, they watch anime, read manga, and some even (attempt to) cosplay.I have tried to attend, but I just couldn't stand it.When I think of anime, I think of things like Akira, Neon Genesis, Tenchi, Ranma 1/2, you know, good things.However, these people only watch Naruto. NARUTO!!! The most wretched thing to come from Japan.First of all, it's not even the decent Japanese version. It's the crappy English one.Secondly, what kind of ninja wears a freakin ORANGE JUMPSUIT!?! Seriously!Third, the show itself really sucks. it's the same old thing over and over again. It's worse than Dragonball Z.I also hate the "Manga Cows" at the book stores. You know, the small children or teenagers that just sit there in the middle of the aisles of the manga section of Borders or Barnes and Noble, ripping the shrink-wrap off of the different volumes of the books and read the ENTIRE SERIES OF NARUTO in the store, blocking my access to the better, well written and illustrated series out there.This little rant may not have made sense to some people, but it just really bothers me.

Not gonna lie, when I saw the title of this post, I was lmao all over the place.

I tend to agree with you in your definition of good there, however, I claim the most wretched
thing to come from Japan to be Doraemon. And by wretched I mean downright hilarious.

Come now, you don't find a ninja in an orange jumpsuit to be comical at all?

It's worse than Dragonball Z.

Hey, hey, hey. Don't insult Dragonball Z like that. What did its 10 year storyline and infinite plotsdo to YOU? :lol:

Well, still if it bothers you so much, you should just start your own Anime Club.
Preferably called the Naruto Club.

not too much against dragonball. it's just the fact that for hundreds of episodes, a quarter of them were someone going "HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" powering up, another quarter was training, and the other half was tournaments.And besides, for all the hype, it wasn't as good as people claim. Like all Shonen fighting anime, it turns into the same thing every episode.

Dude, just let people enjoy what they want to. If you think something is retarded, then... well... big deal. If people want to watch/read/wear Naruto, or something else you consider stupid, its their choice. Don't hate them for it.

I'm not going to lie, I enjoy watching Naruto. Of course, I can't stand it in English, and can only watch the subbed versions. Also, I wholeheartedly agree that there is much better anime out there, stuff like Planetes, Black Lagoon, etc...

I had never seen Naruto until I this easter visited one of my younger cousins (the only younger female cousin) in... another country. I do not think it was that bad, actually. Quite funny, I thought though. And that was the English version... *giggles* I would stand watching it everyday, but it was not really that bad? Never going to watch it again unless I have no other choice...

I read the Megaman series - even worse. (Well, according to my peers, that is.) I've read 1 through 12, and am waiting to get access to number 13, the last one.My friend used to read the actual Naruto comics. Seriously, I think Inuyasha is better, although I've only read about 3 pages before.

Hey, so, I've never been interested in Anime and Manga, but I think in general you shouldn't be too pissed off at what other people like first of all, because it's their business. People can be "narutarded" if they want. :lol: Secondly, tons of japanese stuff is weird (like ninjas in orange jumpsuits) and the such. Get used to it, it's their culture. They do so much stuff that I think is downright ridiculous, but, hey, it's not my place to criticize it. I don't see why it's such a big deal. Remember, this is the country that came up with dolls for adults.

Edited by cangor (see edit history)

I happen to like Naruto. :lol: However, there are catch phrases that are becoming annoying in today's anime, like "I will never forgive you," "How nostalgic," "It can't be helped..." etc...

Third, the show itself really sucks. it's the same old thing over and over again. It's worse than Dragonball Z.

Did you know the creator of Naruto was a DBZ fan?

I'm not going to lie, I enjoy watching Naruto. Of course, I can't stand it in English, and can only watch the subbed versions.

Ha, same here. A lot of the English voices for these characters sound depressing, emotionless, and odd. They should do a voice change.

I agree that the Americanized versions of Japanese anime have been touched up quite a lot. If you were to look at the original Japanese versions of the comics, you'd see that there's a lot more violence, and the the manga looks a lot worsely ("more badly", I couldn't come up with a better word) drawn. (According to our perception, that is. I might be wrong.)

When I think of anime, I think of things like Akira, Neon Genesis, Tenchi, Ranma 1/2, you know, good things.

Wow, I've been living under an "Anime Rock". I've only ever heard of Ranma 1/2 out of all of those. Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

I think respect is the key here. If you don't like what they watch, then don't. No need to go all out just to bash people. Remember, to each is his/her own. I personally like Naruto because of the whole 'acceptance' thing, but I think with the timeskip and the characters growing up (I'm talking the comics version here, not the animated series), the story has become more serious, which is a good thing, the only bad thing about the series is that I think the creator (Kishimoto) is hanging the readers too much. I've noticed a decrease in pages in each week's chapter compared to when it started. Moreover, the progress of the story has become slow.

When I think of anime, I think of things like Akira, Neon Genesis, Tenchi, Ranma 1/2, you know, good things.

As I've said, to each is his/her own. The word 'good' is a matter of perspective. What might be good to you might not be good to somebody else. What if I told you right now that I don't think Ranma 1/2 is good? How would you react?

However, these people only watch Naruto. NARUTO!!! The most wretched thing to come from Japan.

It's one thing to get pissed at people that only watches the show, but claiming to to be the "most wretched" thing is a bit over the top. Naruto is one of the popular series in Japan and probably in most parts of the world. Most people think it's cool with all the chakra and techniques seen on the show (as most of the fighting-type series we've seen before), but others look beyond that. I liked the series, as I've mentioned, because of the loner-becomes-noticed-and-appreciated theme of the show. It's the growth of the main character of the series that most people want to see, and whether he would really achieve his goal in the end, that's why most people are hooked.
A lot of series, animated or not, that I see on TV right now came from Japan. The ever popular sentai series, Power Rangers, the Dragon Ball saga, to name a few. If I said Dragon Ball is annoying, I bet people would get mad at me as well.

First of all, it's not even the decent Japanese version. It's the crappy English one.

Have you seen the subtitled version? Have you seen the comics version? Indeed, the translation can be blamed for that. But there are some things that should be considered in translating these series. There are words that might be too vulgar or too harsh for a child to hear, which are changed to a less-vulgar translation. Sometimes, they entirely cut the scene because it's too morbid, which sometimes, it affects the storyline.

Secondly, what kind of ninja wears a freakin ORANGE JUMPSUIT!?! Seriously!

This is to break the common notion of what a ninja really is, probably to make the show a bit more colorful, in the literal sense. When someone asks what a ninja looks like, most people would probably describe them as those wearing dark blue/black suits, with their heads covered and having swords in their back. In a world where most of the characters are ninjas, I think it wouldn't be that much interesting if they are all wearing the same thing.

Wow, I've been living under an "Anime Rock". I've only ever heard of Ranma 1/2 out of all of those.

I'm not too sure about Tenchi, but Neon Genesis Evangelion was made in the early 1990's and Akira was made in the 1980's.

I guess I just prefer the older Anime series over the newer ones. Probably because they're either better than the newer ones (less repetitive or monotonous) or so bad they're good or funny (see "Dog Soldier")

Naruto is actually quite a nice series with a decent plot and interesting characters. But it is definitely way overrated. The art and design aren't even all that nice (totally agree with the orange jumpsuit. The green jumpsuit of Rock Lee's scares me even more but anyways...) and some parts of the plot are way too cliched! To be fair, it's really a pretty good series for people who like shounen action and stories about good being victorious over evil, never giving up and camaraderie and who don't mind extremely predictable plots. But yes, there are lots of better series out there. I have a friend who watches very few anime but she is Crazy over this series and loves to gush about it. I just put up with her because I suppose it's the best one of all the ones she has seen.Poor english dubbing does ruin a good anime. I heard that Naruto has a very annoying catch phrase 'Believe it!' which I believe would make anyone cringe. Try watching Japanese ones with english subtitles. You might appreciate it better.

Another example of people caring about what other people do. These types of mentalities are ruining the world.Let them do what they want, you have every single right in the world to simply not attend their meetings. :lol:

Another example of people caring about what other people do. These types of mentalities are ruining the world.
Let them do what they want, you have every single right in the world to simply not attend their meetings. :lol:

Yup, I'll say it again... let people enjoy whatever they want to... unless its rap music :P