xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tricky77puzzle

How Do I Change The Default Windows Font Size? Without changing DPI, of course.

You right click on your desktop > click on properties > click the appearance tab and your font options then, and you can click on the advance tab to get even more options. So that is the windows method of changing the font size.

You right click on your desktop > click on properties > click the appearance tab and your font options then, and you can click on the advance tab to get even more options. So that is the windows method of changing the font size.

I did that, but the general font size still didn't change. (That is, the window contents themselves.) When I try to select "Window", the font size is disabled.

I did that, but the general font size still didn't change. (That is, the window contents themselves.) When I try to select "Window", the font size is disabled.

If you're talking about changing the font size within programs like OpenOffice or MS Office, etc., Windows doesn't control those font sizes. You have to change them from within the programs.

Hi,Im sure if you google it there will be a googlebar app that can do all this for you,If still in doubt go into the programs help menu and search for it...The key words would be something like FontCustom SizeFont optionsEtcif you still have problems repost to this reply and i can email you a exact step by step walk throughLaters

i tried doing that as well but it doesn't work. you can change the font and stuff and the icon size but i'm not sure about the font size. ] some fonts are bigger than others so you can change the font ot a different font.

Replying to mweber

Hi there, I have a similar question, I have changed all my font sizes, but there are some I can't, for example, when you copy some files or an application show you an informative window of progress, those are the font I would like to enlarge; when I'm using higher screen resolutions, I just can see some minibugs on my screen, I'm using windows xp, Do you know if VISTA gives more control for font resizing????

I think the window vista is terribly not user friendly. I cannot even find a way to change the monitor setting  mainly the font size. I don't get some of the AOL mail because the size of the text was too large.

increase the font and button size on the toolbar for Word 2007How Do I Change The Default Windows Font Size?

Hi, does anyone know how to change the size of the buttons and text on the Word 2007 toolbar? They are way too small for anyone with "advanced-age" vision. I am using a new computer with Windows 7.  what I have read is that you CANNOT change the text size of the buttons.  It doesn't make sense to me. The only way I have been able to make them bigger is by decreasing the screen resolution, and that makes them all blurry.

Thank you,

media playerHow Do I Change The Default Windows Font Size?How do I change the color of my windows media player?? I have the windos7 and I am using a cq61-310us notebook... I have been trying to change it since I got my computer but I still don't find a way to do it..Thanks-question by wilfredo vera

Hi,

I have the same question as you posted on Dec. 28th about font sizes and some being way too small.  Did you find a solution? Please let me know.  I googled the problem and found your post.  I've been to settings, and screen resolution, but nothing works and some things mess up other areas.  I'm hating this new computer, Windows 7 and wide screen!  Thanks!

Deborah 

-reply by Deborah

Win 7 isnHow Do I Change The Default Windows Font Size?

I wanted to change the font size in the navigation pane in Outlook 2007 and found out it's not supported. You can change any other font on earth, just not the one that you want to change. Anyway, the work around is to change the system font size in Windows (7 in this case). The only problem is when you do this it changes sizes for things you don't want to change, and oddly it changes the size of all your icons. Boosting the font size makes all my icons large and blocky. Wow, you'd think by now MS would get this right. 

-reply by Mike

increase the font and button size on the toolbar for Word 2007How Do I Change The Default Windows Font Size?

Right click on your desktop and a menu should appear.  Click "personalize" on the menu.  Now a window will appear with options for theme selection.  Look in the bottom left corner of this window under the heading "See Also".  Click the option that says "Display".  From here you can increase your font-size.  You may want to close out of your applications first thought because it will ask you logout before the change takes effect.  This should give the desired effect for you.

PS

Does anyone know how to do what I described above through the registry.  I need to access this information programmatcly.

-reply by Chris Wininger