xisto Community

eh i dont know where to start.. but at times i get really weak, and my head just feels light, and i start seeing black, and feel like im going to pass out.. but hold my breath & dont... i wonder is this normal? well my medical records, are pretty much clean i think; expcept for when i was about 11, and was diagnosed with the TB virus.. [just the virus just not disease] and i had to take medicine & vitamins for it, for like 2 years. and well ive fainted many times before; when i get shots, when im in a hospital and see blood, or think of death, when i get in car accidents, everything pretty much.. but when i do faint i get a different feeling, i get a "im weak what im i doing here, get me out of here, feeling, like im anxious for whatever to do to end, and the BAM i wake up to a million people standing besides me, asking me if im ok, or asking me, why i didnt tell them i wasnt feeling well.so yea. any ideas? i dont want to freak out my mom or anything, by telling her about my little blackouts. she has no clue about them

I don't know if you've suffered any form of head trauma in a car accident, but I have and that's what this sounds like to me. I'm not a Medical Doctor but I have a feeling you may want to also get checked for diabetes, or high blood pressure.

I am about the last person that would tell you this, but if this is something that is happening frequently, or has been going on for some time, you should probably consider seeking profesional medical help. I hate to go to doctors myself, and won't go unless I am pretty sure I am going to croak if I don't, but blacking out like you are doing is pretty dangerous. Especially if you are driving or doing something like running a chain saw when you pass out. It does sound like a sypmtom of diabetes though. Weakness and dizzyness goes with the drop in blood sugar. Have you ever noticed the timing of these spells? Does it happen if you haven't eaten recently?

Yea, I agree you should get checked out by a doctor. It may not be anything serious, but it's always better to be safe then sorry. Since I'm not a doctor, I can't really know for certain, but it could be that you have low blood pressure. I have very low blood pressure myself (apparently it's inherited because my dad does as well...) and sometimes I get the same way that you are talking about. Though I've never actually fainted myself, I've gotten very close to it several times. Complete with the weakness, light headedness and vision going black like you've mentioned. It's scary, but when I feel it coming on, I just head home and get in bed and end up sleeping the rest of the day away. It seems after that I'm fine. It only happens to me like once every month or two though... Either way, you won't really know what the cause of it is until you see a doctor, so you should get checked to make sure you'll be okay.

This happens to me about 8 times a day. Whenever I get up too fast, my head starts to swim and I start to black out. I've only completely fallen to the floor twice. (Once I took a drawer from a metal filing cabinet with me and it wasn't too pretty).. I've more or less mentioned it to my doctor, and he suggested that it's low blood pressure. He measured my blood pressure and agreed with his initial hypothesis. He recommended that I drink more sodas (which is good eh? usually doctors say to stay away from the sweets) and eat salt (BLEAHH I HATE SALT). This was about 2 years ago. I still have the same problem but it seems to be getting more frequent every month.

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

This happens to me about 8 times a day. Whenever I get up too fast, my head starts to swim and I start to black out. I've only completely fallen to the floor twice. (Once I took a drawer from a metal filing cabinet with me and it wasn't too pretty).. I've more or less mentioned it to my doctor, and he suggested that it's low blood pressure. He measured my blood pressure and agreed with his initial hypothesis. He recommended that I drink more sodas (which is good eh? usually doctors say to stay away from the sweets) and eat salt (BLEAHH I HATE SALT). This was about 2 years ago. I still have the same problem but it seems to be getting more frequent every month.

omgad that happens to me too, i'll be sitting just lightheaded, stand up and bam.. everyone goes black, breathinghelps (: haha
but yea, to everyone else... i have been tested for diabetes [& ive had blood tests, but nothing] im guessing its low blood preasure
i know my grandma takes medication for that.. but i mean come on shes old (: im young hahah!

<3

omgad that happens to me too, i'll be sitting just lightheaded, stand up and bam.. everyone goes black, breathinghelps (: hahabut yea, to everyone else... i have been tested for diabetes [& ive had blood tests, but nothing] im guessing its low blood preasure
i know my grandma takes medication for that.. but i mean come on shes old (: im young hahah!

<3

Thats interesting, i thought most older folks take medicine for high blood pressure but yeah... You should mention this to your doctor and see what he said, because mine hasn't helped me much.

Drinking fluids regularly and nibbling on small, healthy snacks throughout the day might be the answer.Keep a package of cookies handy and take some water regularly, too. (4 or 5 glasses a day is good)

gisellebebegirl,There are a lot of things that could cause your symptoms. From anemia to anxiety. But with the frequency and severity of the episodes, I would recomment you see a cardiologist. There are some people who faint easily because their body doesn't compensate for changing position. They can test this on a tilt table. Check blood pressure lying down, then tilt the table and measure it upright. But there are any number of other things that need to be checked.So rather than waiting and worrying, just go get it checked out. You'll feel better knowing what is going on

are you sure your not tired? sometimes.. i feel like blanking out in class, cause im like all bored and wanting to go to sleep.. bu as they sall say, go see a doctor :lol: hope this helps..

are you sure your not tired? sometimes.. i feel like blanking out in class, cause im like all bored and wanting to go to sleep.. bu as they sall say, go see a doctor :lol:

hope this helps..

This is not what it is. It doesn't feel anything like being tired. It feels like your life force is being sucked out of you. First thing to go is your sight and stability, and then goes your logic. You can't think of anything no matter how hard you try. There is nothing on your mind other than the relaxing feeling of going into a daze, no matter how hard you try to stay out of it. Even pain is non existent until you find yourself on the floor with blood all over the place and a huge gash in your side from landing on a filing cabinet.

are you sure your not tired? sometimes.. i feel like blanking out in class, cause im like all bored and wanting to go to sleep.. bu as they sall say, go see a doctor :lol:

hope this helps..

hhaa maybe i am just tired (: or like my friend's doctor says, ITS ALL IN MY HEAD, her doctor is hilarious, shed be sick & paralized & he will send her home, telling her its only in her head.. gad (:

& for everyone else.. i shall try water haha.. or see the dreaded doctor.. ah

I don't know if you've suffered any form of head trauma in a car accident, but I have and that's what this sounds like to me. I'm not a Medical Doctor but I have a feeling you may want to also get checked for diabetes, or high blood pressure.

i dont think so that its the case.

Anyway try this out. it might help some of you.

This is a method and theory taught by a relative of mine, to all of you who have blackouts do deep breaths its because that your brain is lacking oxygen and also do drink more water for better blood circulation,try doing deep breathes everytime you are going to do a suden move like standing up after sitting for a time or after lying down on a bed.

i got those blackouts too mostly from doing a suden move from standing up after being sitted for a while or lying on a bed.
after i tried drinking lots a water and do deeper breathes than i usually do i feel better and i've got less blackouts.
in my point view, its about the rate and amount of oxygen we take in and diffuse into our blood stream and then to our brain.
Edited by nstay (see edit history)

I recall my doctor said not to worry about it, but then again, chinese doctors... well, sometimes they diagnose improperly. (I'm chinese, by the way)my brother and I also have this same "condition" after watching TV for a while, I decide to get up, and then blackout and intense headache. Recently, though I don't get this stuff as much, I've been exercising more I guess. Maybe you need to improve your iron intake? That's what my parents said, and they also said that it should be that I have too little blood pressure, but the doctor said it was normal. My blood glucose level is normal, and my cholesterol is also normal, I had a blood test some time ago.

I get like this too sometimes, I think it's from not breathing enough/rightJust like you said I breathe and sometimes don'tLike after watching TV for a while, I get up and stretch and almost fall down, becauseI think my oxygen level is low from very minimal breathing when watching TVLike I see stars almost and my vision fades away, but when I stop stretching and and take a breathe, all is well.If that doesn't work, I would go to the doctor. Never mess with brain *BLEEP*.