xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Stupidity? No! Sanity!

Friend i went through all the topic in Xisto and found all were active , so i thought why not this Spirutual dev. too increase ? so i am working on this friends,

Two senior psychiatrists were attending a medical conference. As they were conversing, one asked, “What was your most difficult case?” The other replied, “I had a patient who lived in a pure fantasy world. He believed that an uncle who lived in a far off country was going to die and leave him a fortune.
All day long he waited for a letter to arrive from his uncle’s attorney. He never went out, he never did anything, he merely sat around and waited for this fantasy letter from this fantasy uncle. I worked with this man eight years.” Excitedly the first doctor asked, “What was the result?” After a pause the second one replied, “It was an eight year struggle. Every day for eight years, but I finally cured him... then that stupid letter arrived!”

This may seem to be a stupid story. But surely has a lesson for you and me about ‘waiting’ – Waiting on God! For the complete salvation that comes from Him alone!

Paul, in today’s text explains that we wait for the full redemption that will happen when Christ returns.

We are now saved in the soul, then we will also receive redemption of the body, for which we wait – wait with much perseverance.

(Romans 8: 2325) But the world and its people may not be able to understand this even if we explain to them. Surely they will be amazed just like the psychiatrist did, when it finally happened!

Hopefully wait on the Lord and for the Lord from whom alone our salvation comes! Let people mock at our faith, but we must be daring and steadfast in waiting for the Lord! It may be now or it may take years, but what He has promised will come. Halleluiah!
Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

ok, I am not one to do the whole religion bashing thing but umm your posts make you sound crazy. They seem more like robotic rants then anything intelligent and conversation starting.All of them have the EXACT SAME POINT and this one actually is just some form of insanely reaching attempt to draw conclusions that are not there.If I read this right your saying that god let this crazy guy believe he had an uncle that nobody else believes that he had and that the uncle was going to die and give him money in his will.Seriously its not a miracle or anything, the guy knew he had an uncle and he was going to leave him money in the will. Just because his shrink didn't think he had one doesn't make it not true. God did not just up and make a dieing uncle for him.Also I find it rather macabre that you say to hope and pray for some person to die and give you money. IMO God would see it as both horrible and greedy to pray for a family member to die just so u can get his or her money.Also getting money from some obscure relative has nothing to do with having your soul saved and all that jazz.Stop ranting for the sake of getting hosted and try adding to the community.

Waiting, huh? Do you realize that christianity even at its start was and is based on the "fact" that the world is going to end very soon? Ok, its been a couple millenia, christ can come any time. That makes your comparison of the uncle kind of moot, because at least the psychiatrist finally had proof. I guess I don't quite understand what you are trying to say with this post. I'm not going to center my whole life around waiting for the world to end like all those other Mormons. Lol. Which brings up another point, according to Mormon's there are going to be under 1 million people who get into heaven(i'm not sure the exact number). Do you realize how many people have lived and died since mormonism has been around? Billions and billions. Look what waiting does for those guys. Only a very very small percentage get into heaven. And correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that only happens at Christ's second coming. Poor guys.

Anyway, I would rather live in the moment, then waste my whole life waiting. So good luck with that.

No, I thought it was a very good point nirmaldaniel made. But, I suppose it's not something a non-Christian would understand.Besides, as for "wasting your whole life waiting" . . . we're not just sitting around on our arses. We're supposed to be preparing, and living each day as it comes. "Live no day but today", eh?

Nope, I guess I don't understand spending all day at home waiting for a letter so you can get money. You know, rather than going out and earning it yourself. With the story he tells the guy WAITED 8 YEARS. Sounds like a wasted life to me. If I was religious, this story would still make no sense to me. My family is very religious and I know my family members don't just sit around and wait for God. They seek God and His understanding everyday. Which I guess in this already morbid story would equate to seeking out the uncle and pulling the plug? hehe, or just getting up and doing something. I wasn't saying that christians just sit on their *bottom*. I was just saying that this story and tying it into religion makes it sound like they do.

Although me and religion are like apples and oranges, the moral of the story is to wait for something good to happen, everyone is basing their judgment on the context and not the overall picture. No normal sane person would waste away waiting for the second coming of Christ, although some are fanatical about it, either way, the post is about waiting patiently for the good no matter how bad your life is. Of course, some wait for that silver spoon as well and those are the people that need the attention because stories like may happen but not to everyone.Now to go off topic a bit, as for how content should be posted to forums, the topic has to be related to the forum and have a point to it, and I doubt your the only one to see posts like these on this forum. I think if nirmal were to expand on the the topics a bit more then posting versus from religious text, then maybe it would clear things up a bit.

I could go into religion bashing, but it seems other people have done that already.But...How does this have anything to do with waiting for God? This was just one crazy man waiting for his fictional uncle to die. Then it turns out he did have an uncle.That has as much to do with god as this story:"I woke up one day, and I was oh so hungry. I waited ages for food, and couldn't wait to eat...Then suddnely! The call of God came! It was lunch time at school! HALLELUJAH! We were saved!"Silly religious stories. There more than likely is someone up there who created us, but he doesn't give a damn about us, we're pretty much to him what ants are to us.Bah, I can't be bothered.