xisto Community
goldtupac

Conspiracy Theories, You Decide Whats Real!

I didn't know where to put this but here it goes with a couple of our (me and my friends) conspiracy theories,

Man has not yet landed on the moon. Here is some proof.
#1 The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation
#2 The photos were altered: the Crosshairs on some photos appear to be behind objects, rather than in front of them where they should be
#3 The quality of the photographs is implausibly high.
#4 There are no stars in any of the photos, and astronauts never report seeing any stars from the capsule windows.
#5 Identical backgrounds in photos that are listed as taken miles apart.
#6 The moon's surface during the daytime is so hot that camera film would have melted.
#7 No blast crater appeared from the landing
#9 The launch rocket produced no visible flame.
#9 The flag placed on the surface by the astronauts flapped despite there being no wind on the Moon.

911 was caused by our government. Here is some proof

#1 The U.S., Israel or Iraq government orchestrated the attacks themselves.
#2 The Twin Towers fell straight down, at close to free-fall speed. This is a similar characteristic of a controlled demolition. The dust cloud and its make up are considered un-characteristic of a gravity-driven collapse.
#3 It is often pointed out that no steel building before or since the 9-11 attack has collapsed as the result of fire.
#4 The rubble of the Twin Towers smoldered for weeks after the collapse. This claim is meant to point out that steel could only have smoldered as a result of pre-placed explosives.
#5 Some consider photographic evidence of the plane lying on the grounds of the Pentagon to be ambiguous and unconvincing, citing a visual lack of burnt metal, human remains, passenger's luggage or seats.
#6 The Pentagon was struck in a newly renovated, reinforced section. Some speculate this location, the west side of the complex, to be indicative of government involvement, noting it as an attempt to reduce casualties.
#7 Flight 77 was able to fly in the direction of the DC and Pentagon area for approximately 40 minutes without interception. This is thought to be unusual given the Pentagon's close proximity to Andrews Air Force Base.
#8 There are claims that anti-missile batteries at the Pentagon should have intercepted Flight 77.
#9 The FBI confiscated a video, which may have captured the impact, from a nearby gas station attended by Jose Velasquez. This video has not yet been released.

Our government actually recovered aliens from Roswell

The Roswell UFO Incident involved the recovery of materials near Roswell, New Mexico, USA, in July 1947, which have since become the subject of intense speculation, rumor, questioning and research. There are widely divergent views on what actually happened, and passionate debate about what evidence can be believed. The United States military maintains that what was recovered was a top-secret research balloon that had crashed.

By the early 1990s, UFO researchers such as Friedman, William Moore, Karl Pflock, and the team of Kevin Randle and Don Schmitt had interviewed several hundred people [11]who had, or claimed to have had, a connection with the events at Roswell in 1947. Additionally, hundreds of documents were obtained via Freedom of Information Act requests, as were some apparently leaked by insiders, such as the disputed “Majestic 12″ documents. Their conclusions were that at least one alien craft had crashed in the Roswell vicinity, that aliens, some possibly still alive, were recovered, and that a massive cover-up of any knowledge of the incident was put in place.

Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen

This theory states that President Roosevelt (FDR) provoked the attack, knew about it in advance and covered up his failure to warn the Hawaiian commanders. FDR needed the attack to sucker Hitler to declare war, since the public and Congress were overwhelmingly against entering the war in Europe. It was his backdoor to war.

Theorists believe that the US was warned by, at least, the governments of Britain, Netherlands, Australia, Peru, Korea and the Soviet Union that a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor was coming. All important Japanese codes were broken. FDR and Marshall and others knew the attack was coming, allowed it and covered up their knowledge.

These are just some of the ideas we have. Remember these are just ideas.

Sources http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Oh yes, all true. Everything, You've got our government nailed. Our government is plotting against us, everything they say is a lie. The earth is really flat, and they have been telling us it is round. Of course we didn't land on the moon. How could we have landed on the moon? It's flat too. 9/11 was just a plot by the government to kill those who knew that the earth is really flat. Aliens landed in Roswell uh... hang on how can i turn this one into an earth is flat link? Oh there I just did... And as for Pearl Harbor, it was a few rouge rebels who knew the truth about the earth being flat and tried to stop the us government from blocking the truth from us.

#1 The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation
#2 The photos were altered: the Crosshairs on some photos appear to be behind objects, rather than in front of them where they should be
#4 There are no stars in any of the photos, and astronauts never report seeing any stars from the capsule windows.
#6 The moon's surface during the daytime is so hot that camera film would have melted.
#9 The flag placed on the surface by the astronauts flapped despite there being no wind on the Moon.

1. The reflective paneling on the lunar module itself could protect the astronauts from radiation.
2. This is all a matter of contrast: bright objects will bleed out into darker objects in photos, and the crosshairs were black.
3. Implausibly? NASA uses state-of-the-art technology. I'm pretty sure they had 250-dpi film back then.
4. There were no stars because the window was frosted. I get this all the time when I ride planes and try to see stars. The window gets frosted up and I can't see anything. Also, on the photographs, you can't see stars because the magnitude of the sun (I think almost -40 on the Moon, where there is no atmosphere to refract it) plus the brilliant whiteness of the astronaut's suits, prettty much bled out most of the stars.
5. You ever heard of mountains? Even if the picture is taken miles apart, the mountains will look the same, if they are far away enough.
6. Maybe the film box's outside was white as well. And anyway, the film that they used only started to melt at 250°C, which the temperatures at the moon weren't close to reaching.
7. It didn't need to. The fuel that they had left at that time was barely enough for 20 seconds of propulsion. They didn't use full power when they landed.
8. It didn't? Show me a picture that shows that.
9. It didn't flap at all. On Wikipedia, there are 2 poctures taken about 3 seconds apart that show while the flag looked like it was flapping, it actually wasn't.

And here's also something to think about: Even if these things were there, like the flag being completely still or the stars being there, it could still have easily been a very carefully (right to the last planck's-constant-th of a microdetail) planned-out hoax as well. Or it might not have been. So just because these things are there, doesn't prove that it was a hoax.

#1 I think NASA knew about that, and if I remember my Apollo missions right the aluminum was at least 4 inches thick, steel, and some other metals, they also uses a special coating called phenolic.

Phenolic coatings offer consistent high quality protection for a wide range of applications including immersion service for most acids, solvents, and salts. This coating is typically used where low pH environments and higher temperatures are factors. Phenolic coatings have excellent resistance to 92% - 98% sulfuric acid at temperatures up to 120°F. Phenolic coatings are also resistant to hydrochloric acid, phenol, anhydrous chlorobenzene, carbon tetrachloride, and many other chemicals.

So I think that is what really help them was that coating right there.

#2 Can't say much n number two since I am not a photo expert

#3 refer to number two.

#4 Of course they couldn't the light within the craft themselves, and the light bouncing off the Earth and coming from the sun would make it especially difficult. Also if they had a flash camera that flash would surely blind out the stars.

#5-#8 Can't really explain it but they did go to the moon

#9 Well another reason was the lack of gravity on the moon and since the object was lighter on the moon so it could have been possible that the flag slightly moved when it was being put into place.

As for the 9/11 theories thats all they will ever will be because if there was information that Bush was involved well that information got destroyed the day it happen.

UFO thing will never be proven, everyone that is connected to is dead or killed off by the government. However, I do believe FDR was involved with Pearl Harbor and many people do believe FDR new everything, but regardless Hitler needed to be stop, and I most likely would have done the same thing, but planned it out more to lower the body count. Of course if we do love theories then Bush took a page out of FDR book in order to get into Iraq.

Oh yes, all true. Everything, You've got our government nailed. Our government is plotting against us, everything they say is a lie. The earth is really flat, and they have been telling us it is round. Of course we didn't land on the moon. How could we have landed on the moon? It's flat too. 9/11 was just a plot by the government to kill those who knew that the earth is really flat. Aliens landed in Roswell uh... hang on how can i turn this one into an earth is flat link? Oh there I just did... And as for Pearl Harbor, it was a few rouge rebels who knew the truth about the earth being flat and tried to stop the us government from blocking the truth from us.

I never said the earth was flat and you did not have to be an *bottom* about it.

The radiation filling space is cosmic microwave background radiation. That radiation, as the name suggests, is similar to the radiation used to cook food in a microwave and is not particularly dangerous. What you need to be worried about are particle radiation and heavily ionising radiation. At the moment, I can't find any information about the presence of those types of radiation in space. Also, if they were in space, they could all be stopped with around 30 mm of lead, or something similar. I am sure NASA thought of this when building their space shuttles and other equipment.

Due to the incredible intensity of light on the Moon, very short exposures had to be used for the photos. This can produce some weird effects. Coupled with the fact that some objects appear to glow in the intensity of the light, it can make the crosshairs 'disappear'.

If I were going to the Moon, I'd make sure I took the best camera available. The cameras used were designed for the space mission, so were made to be high quality, and to be attached to astronauts.

No stars in the photographs is due once again to the very brief exposure times used on the camera. As everything on the Moon was much brighter than the stars, the stars came out very underexposed - pretty much invisible. The reason the astronauts didn't see them is because their eyes were adjusted to the much brighter sunlight in space. Naturally, their pupils closed up, effectively blocking out anything not directly lit by the Sun.

The Moon doesn't exactly have a lot of distinguishing features to be able to pick out that a location is the same or different.

The absolute maximum temperature, on the equator of the Moon, is around 390K. The average temperature is around 220K - around the coldest temperatures in the Arctic. Also, just to be sure, the film from the cameras was inside the space suits - which were thermally controlled.

The blast was used to slow the lander down, but wasn't necessarily used on the surface. With lower acceleration due to gravity, the lander was descending much slower on the Moon than it would on Earth. Also, tests on Earth with similar pressures and areas show that a crater would not have formed anyway - the pressure from the landing was around 1 pound per square inch!

I don't know enough about the launch rocket to confirm or deny this one.

The flag was spring loaded (to keep it 'open' on the Moon without wind) and had been stored folded up. Therefore, when opened it sprung up, and bounced considerably in the reduced gravity. The creases also add to the illusion of it moving, and they didn't take an iron with them to make it look nice <_<

A further point to confirm the Moon landings did take place - there was a mirror placed on the Moon for use in physics experiments. If the Moon landings never took place, how did the mirrors get there, and how come many physicists across the world can confirm their existence, and their use?

it seems that such conspiracy theories get filtered down through the years and get ensconced firmly in our popular culture, but as theories they will remain and will persist, no matter how many times they have been debunked by many others. i doubt there will come a time when these theories will be laid to rest, since when information can be largely distributed widely (especially with the proliferation of the internet), so can disinformation be widely disseminated. weighing the vast amount of information against the amount of disinformation in each and every conspiracy theory, and then forming a judgment to the veracity of the conspiracy will befuddle even the most authoritative figures investigating these theories. of course, even an authority figure will have his/her own subjective interpretation... who says his/her objectivity in evaluating the facts can't be compromised? breaking it down, a pronouncement by an authority figure can be colored by his/her subjective leanings on the matter, to push an agenda of some kind.

having said that, there REALLY ARE conspiracies which eventually turn out to be TRUE after all. <_< sadly, however, they are not the ones in the list above. but who knows, maybe soon they will turn out to be true themselves!? :(

here are some conspiracies which have transcended the theory stage to the reality stage:

1. THE BUSINESS PLOT

In 1933, group of wealthy businessmen that allegedly included the heads of Chase Bank, GM, Goodyear, Standard Oil, the DuPont family and Senator Prescott Bush tried to recruit Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler to lead a military coup against President FDR and install a fascist dictatorship in the United States. And yes, we're talking about the same Prescott Bush who fathered one US President and grandfathered another one.

2. THE JULY 20 PLOT

Near the end of WWII, things were rapidly going south for Germany and the time seemed ripe for guilt-ridden Nazi officers to assassinate Hitler and overthrow his government. Colonel Henning von Tresckow recruited Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg to join the conspiracy in 1944. The plot to take out Hitler and then all of his loyal officers was called Operation Valkyrie, based on the belief that no plan can fail if it has a cool enough name.

3. OPERATION AJAX

For years, Britain had a spiffy trade deal with Iran regarding their prodigious oil fields. The Anglo-Iranian Oil Company was basically a giant money machine for the Anglo half, while the Iranian half got shafted. That all changed in 1951 when Iran nationalized the AIOC and the Iranian parliament elected Mohammed Mossadegh as Prime Minister. Mossadegh was relatively secular, something that pissed of Iranian clerics, but he was also very nationalistic. When Britain tried to regain control of the AIOC, he gave them the finger. Tea was spilled, crumpets were dropped and monocles everywhere popped out in shock. You can guess what happened next. Jolly old England went to its ally, the United States, and convinced President Dwight D. Eisenhower to help overthrow the democratically elected leader of Iran and install a pro-West monarchy. Together the CIA and British intelligence services funneled guerrilla troops, anti-Mossadegh propaganda and tons of bribes into Iran.

4. THE GUNPOWDER PLOT

A group of conspirators (including Guy Fawkes, Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving) decided to blow the *BLEEP* out of the British House of Parliament, thus killing pretty much all of the aristocracy, as well as King James I. In May of 1604, a group of Britons who were fed up with King James's rule met with Robert Catesby. As Catholics, they were tired of the Protestant government. In accordance with the teachings of their faith, they apparently decided that the best way to solve their problems was to kill everyone. The conspirators were taking up residence across the street from The House of Lords, the building the upper house of parliament met in. Their original plan was to burrow their way to the underground foundation of The House of Lords, and lay their explosives there. When that proved to be more difficult than they had originally planned, they decided to just rent a room in the cellar of building. The explosives were quickly moved into place, and all that was left was to wait for the annual Opening of Parliament.

5. THE TUSKAGEE PLOT

Sometimes referred to as the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, the idea was that the United States government was going to monitor the effects of syphilis and perform experiments on those who had a developed form of the disease. That doesn't sound so bad, right? Well you're a terrible person for thinking that, because the experiments were exclusively performed without consent, and on the very poor, mostly illiterate black males. These men weren't told that they had syphilis and were denied proper treatment for their disease. Because that would have skewed the results, you see. But hey, at least the government promised free burials to those who died.

6. OPERATION SNOW WHITE

Some time during the 1970s, the Church of Scientology decided that they'd had enough. Their religion about magic space aliens in a volcano wasn't getting the same respect as the religion about the magic bearded man whose dad made us all out of mud 6,000 years ago. Instead of converting to a slightly less silly religion, they did what any of us would have done and decided to destroy every single document that made their religion look bad, presumably including a trip into the future to destroy every copy of Battlefield Earth.

7. PROJECT MKULTRA

Don't be fooled. Project MKULTRA isn't the misspelled secret recipe to McDonald's newest hamburger. It was actually a series of CIA experiments in which they tried to figure out how to control your mind. Over a hundred sub-projects were authorized under the MKULTRA heading, though the documents on many of those have been destroyed.

don't laugh at the source though [1] [2]. :( you can read further on how things worked out for these seven conspiracies. :( each of these plots sound outrageous at first, but somehow conspiracy theorists hit the nail on the head accurately for every one of them and proved naysayers wrong. :P

The radiation filling space is cosmic microwave background radiation. That radiation, as the name suggests, is similar to the radiation used to cook food in a microwave and is not particularly dangerous. What you need to be worried about are particle radiation and heavily ionising radiation. At the moment, I can't find any information about the presence of those types of radiation in space. Also, if they were in space, they could all be stopped with around 30 mm of lead, or something similar. I am sure NASA thought of this when building their space shuttles and other equipment.

I believe he (she?) is talking about the Van Allen radiation belt. The radiation here is much more intense, and would have caused what they propose for it to have caused, had the space shuttle not been protected at all. But, it was protected, and quite well at that.

The Moon doesn't exactly have a lot of distinguishing features to be able to pick out that a location is the same or different.

Identical, square millimetre by square millimetre. You might notice that one is a bit to the left of the other. Although they're miles apart, it's a pretty distant background.

The absolute maximum temperature, on the equator of the Moon, is around 390K. The average temperature is around 220K - around the coldest temperatures in the Arctic. Also, just to be sure, the film from the cameras was inside the space suits - which were thermally controlled.

390 K? That's only 120°C! The film wouldn't have even softened by then!

A further point to confirm the Moon landings did take place - there was a mirror placed on the Moon for use in physics experiments. If the Moon landings never took place, how did the mirrors get there, and how come many physicists across the world can confirm their existence, and their use?

I don't think that was actually placed by the Apollo 11 people.

I never said the earth was flat and you did not have to be an *bottom* about it.

I was not trying to be a bottom about it. And I know you didn't say the earth was flat. Thats why I said it. The earth is really flat, and if you would have bothered to follow the link that I so kindly provided 5 times for you, you would see what I mean.

Why use mirrors as proof? Just take a telescope and search for that flag they left there. Or did they take it back with them? Plus, the mirror could have just been something that an astronaut "dropped" which the moon somehow caught.

911 was carried out by the US government so that they could use it as an excuse to go to war and make money for the extremely wealthy. Going to war makes contractors, oil companies and bankers who finance the war become filthy rich. Terrorism isn't a threat, but the fear it generates is a threat to your freedoms.

I think any of these theories COULD be true... I mean, the moon landing seems kinda ridiculous that it could have been pulled off so soon after we first got into space... Having learned a lot about what's involved in such a flight, I don't know if we had the technology to do it at the time. The 9/11 conspiracies make sense and the evidence IS somewhat convincing, plus I'm just naturally distrustful of government.As for the aliens... I dunno. It could be but the whole thing seems pretty far-out to me. I don't think the idea of other intelligent life out there is THAT ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure there's none in our solar system, and if they had the technology to come from another solar system which, put mildly, is a hell of a long ways away, they'd have the technology to land successfully on our planet without, plus they'd probably know we were here and therefore would be sending a lot more spacecraft are way... and also, imagine if we found life on another world... we probably wouldn't hide, we'd be like HEY IT'S US... what makes you think aliens wouldn't do the same. Haha that whole paragraph seems kinda ridiculous but this is the way things seem in my head.As for the Pearl Harbor conspiracy, I've heard that one before and I don't doubt it... it's the kind of thing our government would do (haha there's me blaming the government again.)HOWEVER, the more I've examined both sides of such conspiracy theories, the more I think that it's really impossible to know what actually happened unless you were there yourself, and I think you just have to come to the conclusion that these things don't really affect you that much, or if they do to learn more about them... buut, having lived around some people who buy into all these conspiracy theories about evil people out to get you, I don't really think it gains you anything, besides always living in distrust of everyone and generally being unhappier with life. As the saying goes, ignorance is bliss. :P