xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flashy

Cod4 Is Best On What? xbox, pc or ps3?

Which platform is the best?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think as you can see the answer varies. Most of the time it seems people are biased based on the type of console or PC they have. I am a fan of games. I don't care what platform they are on. If its a good game, I give it props. For a game that is multi-platform, like COD4 there are usually little differences between all versions.For a single player experience, I would have to give the nod to the PC. If you have an excellent graphics card, monitor, speakers, this is the way to go. The other added benefit is the fact that you can lean in the PC version. This is not possible in the XBOX 360 or PS3 version. Its not a must have, but its easy to get used to.For multi-player I would have to say the Xbox360 hands down. Its a better online community. Its easier to get together with friends and the voice over live is excellent. Live just works better as it should since its not free.Overall i would say play it on xbox360 most of your time will probably be spent online.Now not all games work perfectly on Live. Gears of War 1 and 2 are awesome games, but they don't have all the kinks worked out in live. I love the game, but tried only a couple of time on live and that was that.

On the 360 its all about Live. Getting together with friends is so much easier than either of the other two platforms. It just works better. It used to cost $60 for a year and they brought it down to $40. The more people get on, its possible that the price will be dropped further.The other systems might have free internet access, but I always have problems on PC and PS3. Again that doesn't mean it's all perfect, Gears of War 1 and 2 suck online.Just an opinion.

Replying to flashy

KK..Personally I think the xbox 360 owns the PS31. 100x better online gameplay and community2. Controller is alot more comfortable for 360 so better reactions. PS3 controllers is too bo-like and stiff.3. Better games only for 360 then ps3; for example wou;d you rather have halo or little big planet?PC is good aswell. Much better control over yr character because of the mouse so sniper for example is great!Personally it Goes xbox 360. Pc then every other console cept ps3...Then ps3 =]

Pc is better.Cod4 Is Best On What?

Pc becuz it has mods (paintball freezetag zombie and alot more) and skins for weapons and just a better overall experience. And hundreds of custom maps :D and we got the map pack free.

-reply by lololol

its easier on 360 cos there is a lot of retards on 360, ps3 would be for graphics and sound quality and PS is good if u like a challenge. But I would say ps3 cos of graphics

-reply by ikup

xbox 360Cod4 Is Best On What?

I would say xbox 360 because pc has lots of hackers and you will be able to play with friends and its really nice I had both to and I picked 360 to many hackers in pc

-reply by IshootU

PC is a superior FPS experience PERIODCod4 Is Best On What?

It seems everyone is missing one big point. You cannot compare an analog stick to a mouse. If I want to turn 170 degrees left, up 20, I can hit that spot in a fraction of a second with a mouse. Using my xbox stick? It drives me crazy I have half the accuracy and speed with a console compared to pc. I wish xbox and pc gamers could battle it out on the same servers. It would be amusing. PC Gamers are superior on every aspect of online gaming, especially FPS

-reply by Deushebag

PC vs PS3 vs XBOX360Cod4 Is Best On What?

Ok this, arguement is rediculous and biased. Naturally you will say the thing you use is the best, but that doesn't make it so. I have spent many hours using a controller and of course, I **** with a keyboard and mouse. I recently bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for PC but due to my patheticness bought a PC controller so I could actually do something other than be shot at. My first thoughts were there is no way a controller will compete with a keyboard and mouse, but you know what? I was wrong. It there is no difference between my skill and the skill of other players, because I have put as much practise into a controller as the have keyboard and mouse. You can stand there and argue about it all day but its all about practise. As for graphics, PC wins by a mile. And the network.. Lets face it, Infinity Ward screwed up, IW Net is complete crap. Its terrible on all gaming devices.

-reply by liquidbolt

sorry but no one can answer this question... Depends what type of gaming you like.. Keyboard/mouse or stick (or anything like that dunno the name of the controller of 360 and ps3). I personally prefer pc.. What can I say? I'm a pc gamer... Never liked consoles... For all haters of pc:

-Original game doesn't have so many hackers like that

-Better graphics than ps3. (I played in ps3, 360 and I'm a pc gamer; so yeah I know what I'm talking)

-Can update the graphic card for even better graphics.

-Controls are easier (so if u want a challenge go to console)

-Customize game (different types of game e.G. Zombie mod)

-Custom maps (made from other players that you can download or you can create)

The problem is mainly the price of the computer. Can go (I'm talking in Euros) 1000-1700 to have a BOMB that can be at MAX graphics.

Peace!

PS3 and Xbox noobs. I used to be on your side but get a PC and you will see for yourself. You have no idea how superior the PC is to both. Who says graphics are best on PS3... You are insane.. How can the ps3 compare to a PC for example that runs quad core and 2 superb video cards like GTX295 in SLI... Hahaha. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE.

Benefits of PC over any console:- number of player in game (max18 on ps3 and xbox... On PC max 64) 64 feels like a real battle.- dedicated servers (meaning no peer to peer connection... On consolse you connect to a kid (the host) that has upload speads of not even 500kb... Then you get those hosts that just disconnect in middle of the game and then a new host has to be found) not with dedicated server... PC has thousands of them on COD4. Dedicated servers have high upload speeds therefore it can handle more players.- tons of servers with variety.. And even custom maps- mods (PC has tons of mods unlike the console) where do you think hardcore mode and zombies came from.. They came from PC moders. They also design custom maps and weapons. Again variety (one time I played in a server with low gravity mod... You could jump and remain flying in the air while shooting your enemy.. Land on top of buildings.. Etc... This cant be done on console)- mouse and keyboard is superior to a controller in speed and precision- On PC you determine you own graphics settings (PC graphics are superior)- Punkbuster to kick hackers- PC you don't pay yearly subscription to play with friends- PC you don't pay for new maps (map upgrades)- PC IS SOOO MUCH BETTER

Simply put the ps3 and xbox360 are cheap PCs with boundries and limitations. PC is the way to go if you are asking for the best experince in FPS like COD4.This review comes from a former xbox gamer

-reply by inSOMnia

PS3 and Xbox noobs. I used to be on your side but get a PC and you will see for yourself. You have no idea how superior the PC is to both. Who says graphics are best on PS3... You are insane.. How can the ps3 compare to a PC for example that runs quad core and 2 superb video cards like GTX295 in SLI... Hahaha. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE.

Benefits of PC over any console:- number of player in game (max18 on ps3 and xbox... On PC max 64) 64 feels like a real battle.- dedicated servers (meaning no peer to peer connection... On consolse you connect to a kid (the host) that has upload speads of not even 500kb... Then you get those hosts that just disconnect in middle of the game and then a new host has to be found) not with dedicated server... PC has thousands of them on COD4. Dedicated servers have high upload speeds therefore it can handle more players.- tons of servers with variety.. And even custom maps- mods (PC has tons of mods unlike the console) where do you think hardcore mode and zombies came from.. They came from PC moders. They also design custom maps and weapons. Again variety (one time I played in a server with low gravity mod... You could jump and remain flying in the air while shooting your enemy.. Land on top of buildings.. Etc... This cant be done on console)- mouse and keyboard is superior to a controller in speed and precision- On PC you determine you own graphics settings (PC graphics are superior)- Punkbuster to kick hackers- PC you don't pay yearly subscription to play with friends- PC you don't pay for new maps (map upgrades)- PC IS SOOO MUCH BETTER

Simply put the ps3 and xbox360 are cheap PCs with boundries and limitations. PC is the way to go if you are asking for the best experince in FPS like COD4.This review comes from a former xbox gamer

-reply by inSOMnia

The orginal poster asked "How can the ps3 compare to a PC for example that runs quad core and 2 superb video cards like GTX295 in SLI..."?

Well, its simple - that rig would cost ~?2000 GBP...  about a K for the graphics cards alone... So:

Personnally I would buy a XBOX Elite and MW2 and 45 other brand new release games (@ ~?40) and admit happily that the graphics on the one game that the PC owner has are slightly better.

Or, maybe I would by 90 second hand games @?20 GBP from Game store?  Dunno...  Are there 45 new releases available at present??? 

OH NO!  I forgot I'd have to pay ?5 for the DLC and the XBOX live sub @ ?20 - okay make that only 89 games.

Hmm, or maybe I would buy the XBOX and MW2 and go for holiday in south east asia? Maybe use the spare ?1800 towards a deposite for a house?

Man, it is a very hard choice after all!

-reply by Killer Driller