xisto Community
galexcd

Ability For Non-hosted Members To Award Credits.

As I already mentioned in the other topic, OpaQue has resolved one of the two reasons I am still hosted, but he has yet to address the second. I would love it if non-hosted members are able to award credits. Now I understand why it is disabled, because they gain credits faster than hosted members, but you could put some kind of conversion tax on it so it balances out. I wouldn't mind. I just feel like I'm wasting a credit a day on nothing. The only reason I still have my site is so I can give out credits :PSo anyway, what do you say? Just the ability to transfer credits to our bank and then award them for non-hosted members would be great for me.

well that would be great. but as you've said, it should have a conversion so it could be transferred to a hosted member. non-hosted to non-hosted would be fine, no conversion needed.

because they gain credits faster than hosted members

well that's not true. they just don't get deducted per day. the rate at which you gain credits depends on how much you post in the forum. so technically this is incorrect. :P

Yeah definitely. I have 60 credits, and would love to give it to somebody if they could use it for their hosting, as I am hosted on Xisto - Web Hosting.

well that would be great. but as you've said, it should have a conversion so it could be transferred to a hosted member. non-hosted to non-hosted would be fine, no conversion needed.well that's not true. they just don't get deducted per day. the rate at which you gain credits depends on how much you post in the forum. so technically this is incorrect. :P

Actually I was correct. I can't find the post at the moment but opaque said that hosted members get less credits per word or something like that...

I think the Credit script assigns less credits based on the number of credits you have, not the account status, but I could be wrong since the details are secret.

Also, I think if this is instated, non-hosted members shouldn't have to have at least 30 credits to transfer them seeing as there is no hosting account to accidently lose by sending too many.

Well from what I patched together this is how the credits system rates works without knowing the exact % but an estimate:

-Non-Hosted Members - Normal credit rate

-Hosted Members - 5-10% decrease in credits earn

-Hosted Members In Negative Credits - get Non-hosted members credit rate with a boost of 5% to get out even quicker

-Moderators - 15-20% decrease in credit rate when they are are hosted, but if they fall in the negative like regular hosted members that same rate applies

-Admin - 25-30% decrease in credit rate, but since they are not hosted in the sense that they didn't apply it doesn't really matter how much they earn.

-Oost Decrease - Awhile back it was briefly mentioned that after a certain amount of posts your credit rating for slowly decrease, and thus the longer your posts are the more it seems. Percentage wise it is a very low amount like .001% or something like that but either way it is small enough that it won't drastically reduce your credit rate to like 1 credit every 500 words or something like that.

Now for the idea at hand I will be blunt and say that if this does happen expect some cheating to happen, base on the info I just gave people could create a non hosted member account and just go at it with credits to the point they no longer would need to post on their hosted account. Of course the simple solution would be to set up some sort of IP blocker in which you can't send credits to yourself but to everyone else. However, for those who are no longer are hosted but keep on posting here anyways I think it would be a good idea just because you can give those credits to those who want them, or set up mini contests and what not.

I have some good plans for Credit System v3.0 where any member can give credits to anyone. So, I already have this in mind but v3 is going to take long time to come.The reason they are not allowed to transfer because there are many ways in which members can then cheat for credits. Which also includes too many fake sign-ups and all.

I believe it is better left the way it is. The only cheating of the credit system that would come from this is if a non-hosted member supports a hosted member, and these two are the same people. Other than that, i can't really think of any other valid reason where the current system doesn't already take care of the other problems that would come from this. Also, non-hosted giving credits to a hosted member is the only reason i can think of on why one would want this enabled, every other reason i can think of doesn't add up. What are all the reasons you want this to be enabled? So that i may compare and see if i left out a reason.

I believe it is better left the way it is. The only cheating of the credit system that would come from this is if a non-hosted member supports a hosted member, and these two are the same people. Other than that, i can't really think of any other valid reason where the current system doesn't already take care of the other problems that would come from this. Also, non-hosted giving credits to a hosted member is the only reason i can think of on why one would want this enabled, every other reason i can think of doesn't add up. What are all the reasons you want this to be enabled? So that i may compare and see if i left out a reason.

Well mainly because I love giving out credits. I don't use my Xisto account for anything really. I only post here because I love the forums, but there are so many members who may not have enough time to post here or would like a few extra credits, and because of that I love giving out credits. I organize a few credit give aways, but I am severally limited because of losing a credit per day, and because of the fact that you have to be above 30 credits to send to another member. Even if there is a high tax when exchanging at least I feel my credits went to that cause, instead of being waisted on hosting that I am not using nor will ever use.

but I am severally limited because of losing a credit per day, and because of the fact that you have to be above 30 credits to send to another member.

I guess the 30-credit limitation could be removed, also since we have a "bank." But i feel that it would be better if non-hosted members who have never been hosted are prevented from sharing. Meaning, members that are not hosted but were previously hosted should be able to give credits away to hosted members, but not to non-hosted. You'd fall into that category (i.e. if and when you become a non-hosted member), and it should also help prevent, to an extent, a user who uses one non-hosted account to support their hosted account. Of course, the "bank" should be disabled for non-hosted members—they don't need it.
But is this too much of a hassle? I mean, we're not the ones coding the system.