xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jopak134

How To Publish My Site Through Expression Web i dont know how anyone could help me

i usea similar microsoft product that i beleive has this feature but i never use i just upload the files direct to the server or i use FTP when feel like being lay-z.

but really people if you need to know something just google it heres link i found about this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i usea similar microsoft product that i beleive has this feature but i never use i just upload the files direct to the server or i use FTP when feel like being lay-z.
but really people if you need to know something just google it heres link i found about this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The link above shows how to upload within Expression Web. You might do it the easy way, though, and use "Web Disk" provided by trap 17. It makes uploading sooooo easy. You can install it from cpanel.

Microsoft Expression Web 3 (and prior, including FrontPage 200 and before)  is a website development tool and has its own internal publishing system, AND it has six types of connections, including FTP and more complex ones.  The problem is that GoDaddy has old docs explaining how to publish using FrontPage, but not EW3. AND, the problem is that users, like myself, get confused between using GoDaddy's free page (with ads) and using a separate paid hosting account - then further confusing is NO clear outline of the steps to take when you have more than one domain in a shared server hosting account.  I am still wading through it because GoDaddy's help system is really convoluted.  Suggest you call their customer support since onlinedocumentation sucks. ALSO, suggest you try avoiding use of the old FrontPage extensions unless your website uses them - they are out of date.  So, you have to wade through choices of connection type, how to know what file directory to use (create a new one via GoDaddy File management tools for each ADDITIONAL website you create, what to do if one website was setup using Linus and the other using Windows, and all sorts of stuff that should be much easier to use.  I am currently looking for a hosting service that makes using Expression WEB publishing easy, and GoDaddy doesNOT.

vj

I am using Front Page and before upgrading to Web Expression I would like to know a couple of things.

If people have more than one domain with Front Page, it states it can't find the other domain in the root directory.  This causes a lot of problems because it wants to upload everything with the key domain directory even if I use FTP.

Does anyone know if Web Expressions will allow people to put several key directories in the root directory and upload to different domain names without the files renaming themselves to the original domain?  Thanks.