xisto Community
icleric

The best Rock band

That is a very hard question to ask.If you were to go by sales alone, it would be a fight between The Beatles and Kiss (who still to this day hold the record to number of records sold world wide)If you mean by most influential, sadly that would have to go to Led Zepplin most likley.

Here are mine:1) Killing-joke (Britsish industrial rock formed round 1975)Seen live2) The Stranglers (British rock band.)Never seen live3) Kiss (American rock band. Yes the guys with the high heels)Seen live4) U2 (Irish, the modern Beatles.Hola!)Never seen live5) The dead-kennedys (American punk band, boy they rocked!)Seen live6) The Damned (British punk band)Seen liveSee yaPatrick

UnderOath <3Senses FailMotion City SoundtrackDaphne loves DerbyCartelMatchbook RomanceSpitalfieldThere are tons of amazing rock bands out there, both signed and unsigned, and from all the different subgenres of rock. I really can't say what the 'best rock band' is out there, or even my favorite, but those are some of my most listened to at the moment. I love discovering new bands I haven't yet heard of, especially if they're good haha. Don't just settle for a 'best' rock band, keep searching! There're tons of gems out there :)

Rock has to be the biggest genre of music. At least half the top 40 music charts are rock. I hate to say it but even the likes of busted and mcfly consider themselves rock no matter how terrible they are. Nu-metal and metal bands like linkin park etc are definatly rock. But i think the best have always got to be the classics like nirvana, guns n roses etc. i find it hard to chose my favourite, theres just 2 much to chose from.

:blink: id have to say green day or bowling for soup cuz they have some of my favorite songs like boulevard of broken dreams 1985 american idiot green day is probably the best though is what i owuld say

If we talk about a present rock band... Queens of the Stone Age and if we talk about 90s, Soundgarden or Mudhoney.Some other great rock bands that deserve the best rock band label are Led Zeppelin, Stooges and Ramones.But I?m talking about rock in a more classic form... not heavy, punk, hardcore, pop, etc.

Rock to me is so dead. It has become this machine that markets and markets to the point that even little kids in a band think they are rocking out. :blink: When it began it was supposed to be revolutionary. Touch people and make them stir and think about what was going on. Now it is just crap. Oh well.

Rock to me is so dead. It has become this machine that markets and markets to the point that even little kids in a band think they are rocking out. :o When it began it was supposed to be revolutionary. Touch people and make them stir and think about what was going on. Now it is just crap. Oh well.

71441[/snapback]

Yes, its' true, but i think the rock's still alive again...

My prefer rock band, at this moment, is The Alkaline Trio... someone knows this rock/punk/emo band?

If i have to say other bands, i can say Rolling Stones, Queen, Doors... :D

Personally I think its kind of impossible to name "The Best Rock Band." Genres are a hard thing to consider since they kind of limit people to demographics, but at the same time you have to be able to explain a difference between 50 Cent and Pink Floyd. Plus theres the fact that bands are half innovative, half inspiration. I mean, all a band really is is a sum of all their influences.That being said, in a classic sense the Beatles were amazing for their time and really changed a lot. Modern band; probably Tool for me.

In my opinion the best rock bands in the world are as follows:Older:Metallica #1 duh!Pantera #2 YA!Megadeth #3 Rock on!Newer:Rancid #1Lincoln Park #2Simple Plan #3

Im with popoc on this one. Limp buisket and linkin park arent rock, rock is music that flows, not music that you play as loud as possible so they cant hear any real music comg from you. Korn has a few good songs but, The doors, The Birds, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath and bands like that are what rock is ment to be. The doors are one of the best rock bands ever to play and Jim Morrison would be my idol if it weren't for drug problems and other things like that. The styx ar a classic band and will never get old but if u want real music, crank up led zepplin, pink floyd, or the doors.