xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

I Hate People Who Complain "vista Stole Ideas From Macs Osx10" of course they did, are you an idiot?

I hate people who complain that Vista stole ideas from Macs OSx10, I'm going to refer to these people as "idiots". Well, for one thing unless you are a Musician/Video Editor/Graphics designer, then why do you have a mac in the first place? There like motorola: all style other than that they are terrible...

This should probably go in the 'trappedinshit' area now i think about it but nevermind!

Anyway well idiots state that Vista stole ideas which is true: The reason why I call these people idiots, well, here is an example

Mr X makes a brand new site the contents terrible but the layouts good and it has a super search profile page idea

so mr Y who owns a good website that gets lots of hits uses this idea in his site but changes it so that he cannot be sued!

Now he has a better site and better features.

Thats all microsoft is doing: taking the good ideas from a terrible os and improving his os so its like you are getting the best of windows and the best of Mac osx10 in one!!!

So you see i will never get a mac, i will never touch osx10 but now i have some of the features of osx10 that i like in a Operating system I am actually going to use, for the record i hate microsoft and would prefer linux, however, there just isnt enough software for it so... I like microsoft products mind and btw those of you who read my rant get a prize a link to a laptop with amazing spec for only Ł800 of course if your not from britain im not sure how play.com's shipping works but anyway CLICK HERE

Moving topic...

Well, for one thing unless you are a Musician/Video Editor/Graphics designer, then why do you have a mac in the first place?

Although i don't own a Mac, you can do more than just media production on it.

... so its like you are getting the best of windows and the best of Mac osx10 in one!!!

I hear that's a KDE thing, but it's more apparent in KDE4.

So you see i will never get a mac, i will never touch osx10 but now i have some of the features of osx10 that i like in a Operating system I am actually going to use ...

So, you're basically indirectly touching the Mac OS.

... for the record i hate microsoft and would prefer linux however there just isnt enough software for it so...

Define "not enough software." You mean not enough games? Because there are several thousand programs available for Linux—a lot of which show some competition for proprietary software.

I hear that's a KDE thing, but it's more apparent in KDE4.

I've noticed that the layouts of Mac's file browser and control panel are very similar to KDE's. Who copied whom?

Also, Windows incorporates part of the UNIX kernel into its own kernel.

If each OS were a language, each one would be as follows:

Mac would be French, Spanish, and Italian (plus any other Romance languages)
Unix and Linux would be German, Dutch, and other Germanic languages.
FreeBSD would probably be Swedish, Finnish, and other Scandinavian languages.

And Windows would be English, which borrows from every language and is highly versatile.

Yes I am quite tired of hearing the whole "vista stole from mac" argument, yes mac incorporated a lot of the features you see in vista in their OS first, but as you said, it's not like any of those features were patented, groundbreaking, innovations that mac brought to the computing world. I've seen search similar to spotlight on websites, I don't know why people are all up in arms about this. Microsoft has been taking ideas from Apple from the beginning, just like Apple seems to like to take ideas from other OS's. That is how the market works now. It's not who can make it first, it is who can make it the best.Which brings me back to you hating mac... Just because you are some insolent, smartass, 15 year old who obviously only cares about his OS being able to run games doesn't mean that macs suck.... In fact their operating system better laid out and more organized than any Microsoft OS is. Now I would prefer linux over mac in almost all occasions, but I still use mac a lot because it is much easier than searching the net for drivers to your graphics card when it could be pre-installed on the computer already. Now I'm not saying that I hate Microsoft Windows. Since XP came out it really isn't that bad of an operating system, I'm just saying it would be my last choice if I was given one.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. What is the one problem with windows? harware integration. Macs do not have this situation because they make the basic hardware... I used to be like you, didn't want to touch or even breath on macs... but then i tried one and i love it. Next time you're at the shops and they have them on display... check it out, have a play. I think you might like it. but its all down to your preference.

As for the tired of hearing the 'they stole it' yes, true. But the thing is that the impression i get from windows is its their idea. like they came up with it... thats what ruffles my feathers

Edited by saitunes (see edit history)

As for the tired of hearing the 'they stole it' yes, true. But the thing is that the impression i get from windows is its their idea. like they came up with it... thats what ruffles my feathers

Yes but remember, Apple has the same smugness about their features too. Spaces, one of the main features in their new operating system was taken from linux, and the way they've laid out the new way folders work in the finder since os x was taken right from windows itself.

I hate people who complain that Vista stole ideas from Macs OSx10, I'm going to refer to these people as "idiots". Well, for one thing unless you are a Musician/Video Editor/Graphics designer, then why do you have a mac in the first place? There like motorola: all style other than that they are terrible...

Well I take it that you are refering to me as an "idiot", whether personal or not, I leave it to you. I am web developer, but I still use a Mac. A Mac usage are not confined to just those professions. To start off, I find a Mac beautiful yet classy, it does what I need to do well and efficient, what can I ask for? Put that through Windows, and probably I will get error messages not knowing how did it specifically come about.
Microsoft may have taken the idea from Apple, notice how similar the design idea is? A geunine idea by Microsoft seems very unlikely. If Vista is anything like you have said:

Thats all microsoft is doing: taking the good ideas from a terrible os and improving his os so its like you are getting the best of windows and the best of Mac osx10 in one!!!

Shouldn't it be performing much better in its sales instead of releasing statements like Vista was released too early and have its consumers stick to it instead of XP? What's wrong with Linux? There are enough essential programs to go around, for e.g. open office, gimp, audacity just to name a few. Unless you are primarily using your computer to game, Linux is alright if you intend to make it your primary OS.

i will say this:I am a mac fan, as stated, so i have a bias toward mac. I have used linux and i do like some of the distros, and linux is good if you know what you're doing. my favorites are puppy linux and edubuntu... they're versions of linux i can get my head around... I like them. The thing that ruffles my feathers about windows is stupid error messages. I got one on the desktop which said 'cannot mount boot volume' which to me says its unable to mount the drive i.e. cannot load windows... do you know its suggested remedy for this? Boot in safe mode. If it was a hardware problem yes, but not when it can't load the drive to start the OS... When my mac has something wrong (which hasn't happened more than once in the nearly 12 months ive had the mac) it told me that a program has crashed and affected the stability of OS X, reboot and if the problem persists contact the vendor of the software.Another thing that makes macs better in my opinion is the fact when finder launches (like explorer on windows) the whole thing doesn't die on me, or need a reboot. It just relaunches and hey presto its back... and when you relaunch it, it doesn't say 'this program is not responding would you like to end it?' even thought thats what you just told it to do that... Macs are better thought out, better planned and they are designed to minimize the BSOD, the blue screen of death (bsod) is normally caused by hardware-os integration problems. Why don't microsoft start making hardware (as in computers not just video game systems) to minimize (it should extremely minimize if they do it properly) the pet hate of most of their users. As for linux, I love the distros ive used puppy and edubuntu, easy to use, simple (unlike trying to install redhat) The only reason I haven't converted the big computer to linux is because of my little brother's game collection... I think the distros ive got would make even grandmas use their computers effectively (maybe...)You might like windows... but if you've got an old pc kickin around, find some linux distros and experiment with it... and next time they've got some macs on show for you to play with, have a look.... oh and BTW, Ea games are now releasing alot more games for both PC and Mac...

I was thinking, and the thing that bugged me was not that you were complaining about people saying that vista stole ideas from mac, but that you are so closed minded that you can't recognize God in the form of an operating system...

I was thinking, and the thing that bugged me was not that you were complaining about people saying that vista stole ideas from mac, but that you are so closed minded that you can't recognize God in the form of an operating system...

God in the form of an OS? Which OS would that be? I hope you aren't being literal...I suck at interpreting sarcasm.

God in the form of an OS? Which OS would that be? I hope you aren't being literal...I suck at interpreting sarcasm.

Well OS's, ones that are unix based. Primarily mac and linux, and no I wasn't being sarcastic, i was being literal. God literally injects himself in the code of all unix based operating systems.