xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
takotsu

What's The Problem With America's Youth? I have the questions, I want your answers...

i never been to america but i think it's not only the problem wit american youth only if you see in japan.. it's the same problem here too. skipping school. dirt parties and like these it's comon here. well i think thhings will get more worse in future..

Sure, every generation will go on, but keep in mind that most of us wont live as well as the last generation did, and it's not mainly Bush's fault. There is a growing absence of engineers and scientists (depending on who's sources you read). For example, most of the infrastructure in the U.S. was built in the '50s because of the GI Bill, which gave a reason for people to study. There was huge growth, and then it just disappeared. Most college students aren't on the GI Bill anyways, but it still can bring up the point that they're really settling for less. Oh well, I'm just getting ahead of myself, let's just say the upcoming times will be quite interesting.

well in that case i guess i'm not really part of the group your criticizing, as i take the time to make relevant forum posts, respect my parents, and am going to go to college to be an engineer <_<
but, i totally agree with you that these days a lot of people aren't really studying relevant/useful things.... the world only needs so many people with english, political science, or history degrees.
and thats why if you can go to college and get a degree in some kind of math or engineering degree, you usually can make a lot of money.... supply vs. demand.

i feel modernization had a very great impact on the youth that has made them react in a pecular way. I feel no wrong after all its their life and they should be given all rights. After all Human rights.

1. It seems that there are people are very sensitive for word "religion" and by doing so prevent the society to investigate a problem thoroughly.

2. There is a problem is the status of American Youth. There is obvious problem in US school. that is the he American school is no longer a safe heave for kids and every year the news show an extreme shooting in school where one students kill many other students and teachers.

3. Then when people investigate using the scientific approach to diagnose the problem, the investigator has to study the factors, dimensions , corners and status in the past and comparing them with what is now. Then isolate the new factor and put finger on it.

4. But people who are sensitive of particular matter like religion, instead of making their input and diagnose, they crying and trying to stop others to investigate and diagnose.

5. Moreover they using a generic expression like "religion is not promote peace" which has no ground and contradict what religions are calling and promote. They also mixing the teaching and what sometimes happened. They forget what happened in the past of war before Christianity. They forget Geneva Conventions and War criminals. They forget how the loser countries were destroyed and their peoples were killed or bought as slaves. They forget how the Christianity called to love enemy and turn other check.

6. By that approach they kill the original issue. The issue is the American Youth Problems. Please contribute in that. Not only criticized the other diagnose and accusing others to quick judgement. I notice that Qittie deKay used that accusation in 2 responses in minimum[see the response to kasm and the response to saying "You're really quick to pick apart everything" . Then Qitte deKay derived us to Atheistic Site not related the issue we discuss. i didn't see his/her opinion about the matter These sites have their objectives and are not the decisive factors in any matter.

7. without religions, the sacred relation of sex is changing from the objective that Reproduction to entrainment as the media imagine and influence the youth.

9. The weakeners of religion, degenerate the respects of parent and obeying their instructions also reduced the respects to the elders.

10. The weakening of religion affect the early sex thought by the youth in this age and affected by the series and films that make pressure on the youth.

11. Weakening the religion allowd these unrealistic vilent series and extreme sexual relations and infidality.

12 Trouble in school is nothing to do with the jihad.

13. Even the principal of eye for eye not mean that the invidual do it by itself. It is exactly what the society in past and governement nowaday is doing on behalf of society.

14. Crusade is not match the christian teaching but it is reflection to the desire to protect the Jerausalem from the Moslems exactly as you the American went to Afganstan to fight the terrorism.

1. The only reason we exclude religion from legal and moral arguments is because we want to be accepting of all religions.

2. This problem is starting to arise in Canada too. However, trying to convert them to Christianity or some other religion is not the answer. They might have heard a different or flawed version from their parents. First give them basic rehabilitation, and then try to convert them. But, don't use force. That never gets anyone everywhere.

3. Solely using religion isn't much better. Sure, it gets the job done more quickly, but not all points of view were considered. (Sometimes not even God's.)

4. Well, I don't think religion is the motive of these people. Maybe they want to defend their own, or something like that.

5. The Crusades were an example of how Christainity has morphed over the years. Nowadays is is being reformed to fit modern social ideals. If it were the "true" religion, it wouldn't have changed over the years, like God hasn't. (One thing hasn't changed, and that is the Golden Rule, which is present in all religions: "Do to others only what you would want them to do to you, or what they have done to you.")

6. True. But that's not his (her?) fault. This topic has strayed off its original point a little.

7. Without religion, sex can be used for anything. But if we use sex for the sole purpose of reproduction (procreation), there is no pleasure in it. (Well, that's what God wants, right...) It's not like you really care what happens in someone else's bedroom... respect people's privacy, won't you...

8. [n/a]

9. It's more like mutual respect. Instead of promoting respect upwards of age, they promote it both ways. However, children like to get more than they give. You could argue that it's human nature.

10. Early sex is a decision. Don't have sex unless you think you're ready. If you have overwhelming peer pressure around you, but you don't think you're ready, then don't have sex! It's that simple. If they reject you for that, then they're not real friends, are they...

11. I don't see how infidelity has anything to do with sex for procreation. Even atheists follow the Golden Rule.

12. It doesn't? Maybe these people were disturbed by some event in school that haunted them forever.

13. I don't get this statement at all. Are you saying: "Even though the principle of an eye for an eye is righteous, individuals should not carry it out themselves, and should leave it to God"?

14. America didn't go to Afghanistan to fight terrorism. They went to Iraq for that. I believe they went to Afghanistan to

i feel modernization had a very great impact on the youth that has made them react in a pecular way. I feel no wrong after all its their life and they should be given all rights. After all Human rights.

If it only stopped there, then I'd be happy, but they always blame their actions on anything or anyone but themselves.

The only reason we exclude religion from legal and moral arguments is because we want to be accepting of all religions

Which defeats the purpose in the first place.

Early sex is a decision. Don't have sex unless you think you're ready. If you have overwhelming peer pressure around you, but you don't think you're ready, then don't have sex! It's that simple. If they reject you for that, then they're not real friends, are they...

Apparently there's something about seeing sex on TV that just forces (what is it, 50% now? I really have no clue, but that's what it seems to be at my school) of teens to have sex. Thinking is definitely not going to happen. A pleasure-driven society doesn't have time for that.

I don't see how infidelity has anything to do with sex for procreation. Even atheists follow the Golden Rule.

*cough* Nowadays, evidence is starting to show that most don't follow this rule.

It doesn't? Maybe these people were disturbed by some event in school that haunted them forever.

Any individual has absolute control over whether to dwell in the past or to live in the present.

America didn't go to Afghanistan to fight terrorism. They went to Iraq for that. I believe they went to Afghanistan to

Doesn't seem like you completed your response, however, they went to Afghanistan to piss off Osama and went to Iraq to piss off Saddam and get some cash. In the end, however, Osama wins by bankrupting the US. Nice and simple. Edited by dre (see edit history)

Which defeats the purpose in the first place.

What I mean is, we try to be accepting of all religions, so basically, it's not one religion that dominates.

Apparently there's something about seeing sex on TV that just forces (what is it, 50% now? I really have no clue, but that's what it seems to be at my school) of teens to have sex. Thinking is definitely not going to happen. A pleasure-driven society doesn't have time for that.

Just like your own arguments suggest, it's up to them to resist peer pressure.

*cough* Nowadays, evidence is starting to show that most don't follow this rule.

Well, at least know of. Even Christians don't follow the rule sometimes.

Any individual has absolute control over whether to dwell in the past or to live in the present.

To live in the present doesn't mean that those events can't haunt you forever. You can just push them aside.

]Doesn't seem like you completed your response, however, they went to Afghanistan to piss off Osama and went to Iraq to piss off Saddam and get some cash. In the end, however, Osama wins by bankrupting the US. Nice and simple.

Yeah, I didn't complete my response. I clicked send before I could finish, but didn't bother to go back and

What is the problem with America's youth?Not just violence, but things like skipping school, dropping out, failing, the insane ability to destroy the English language, and i guess violence too.

What causes students to feel compelled to skip school? Is it some kind of "Fight the Man" mentality? Of course no one realizes that working at McDonald's for the rest of your life isn't as bad as going to school for five* (yes, only five) hours a day. Most likely because the people telling them this are the ones considered to be "The Man" and they must be disobeyed at all costs. My school is second to last on the list regarding overall school performance in the [not so] great state of Illinois. We [this is a broad generalization and in no way includes myself] have one of the highest dropout rates and one of the lowest graduation rates in the state and, obviously, the second lowest average test results. Our [another broad generalization not about myself] average ACT scores are lower than the state's average of 20.5. (ours were around 17)
That paragraph basically questioned the first three interrelated problems.

"Wait!" you exclaim. "What do you mean 'destroy the English language'? I'm confused!"
No, I don't mean "Spanglish" or weird accents or Cajun people (no offense). I mean people's inability to use grammar and real words or sentences.
Phrases like "Shut up talkin' to me!" are common at my school. Why not say "Shut up"? or "Stop talking to me"? We cannot seriously blame the internet for the grammar and spelling problems in America. No one uses "Shut up talkin' to me!" in the AIM or MSN. (I did once, but the computer round-house kicked my face and said not to do it again.)

Violence is obvious. I don't want to talk about it. That would take too long.
UNRELATED SIDE NOTE:
Think about this: Why do people use <[brackets]> so often on MySpace? It bothers me.
UNRELATED SIDE NOTE v2.0:
I saw it says http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ on the top of this page, but I went there, and it doesn't exist. someone should buy that domain and use it.

we'll when it comes to the school thing some american kids are just unapreciative they dont realize how forturnate they are to get free schooling, while other countries you have to pay or you just dont get to have any education. for example these kids in my school that dont come to school very often and they've been absent for like the past month or so.

for the american language i dont think that's so bad i guess because people that really messes up with their grammer they sound realy realy stupid and a lot of time they say "oh i only talk like this to my friends". but people talk to their friends a lot and when you do something for alot times long eanought it does become a habit, and you dont even realize that you are doing it it just happens.

1. The only reason we exclude religion from legal and moral arguments is because we want to be accepting of all religions.

2. This problem is starting to arise in Canada too. However, trying to convert them to Christianity or some other religion is not the answer. They might have heard a different or flawed version from their parents. First give them basic rehabilitation, and then try to convert them. But, don't use force. That never gets anyone everywhere.

3. Solely using religion isn't much better. Sure, it gets the job done more quickly, but not all points of view were considered. (Sometimes not even God's.)

4. Well, I don't think religion is the motive of these people. Maybe they want to defend their own, or something like that.

5. The Crusades were an example of how Christainity has morphed over the years. Nowadays is is being reformed to fit modern social ideals. If it were the "true" religion, it wouldn't have changed over the years, like God hasn't. (One thing hasn't changed, and that is the Golden Rule, which is present in all religions: "Do to others only what you would want them to do to you, or what they have done to you.")

6. True. But that's not his (her?) fault. This topic has strayed off its original point a little.

7. Without religion, sex can be used for anything. But if we use sex for the sole purpose of reproduction (procreation), there is no pleasure in it. (Well, that's what God wants, right...) It's not like you really care what happens in someone else's bedroom... respect people's privacy, won't you...

8. [n/a]

9. It's more like mutual respect. Instead of promoting respect upwards of age, they promote it both ways. However, children like to get more than they give. You could argue that it's human nature.

10. Early sex is a decision. Don't have sex unless you think you're ready. If you have overwhelming peer pressure around you, but you don't think you're ready, then don't have sex! It's that simple. If they reject you for that, then they're not real friends, are they...

11. I don't see how infidelity has anything to do with sex for procreation. Even atheists follow the Golden Rule.

12. It doesn't? Maybe these people were disturbed by some event in school that haunted them forever.

13. I don't get this statement at all. Are you saying: "Even though the principle of an eye for an eye is righteous, individuals should not carry it out themselves, and should leave it to God"?

14. America didn't go to Afghanistan to fight terrorism. They went to Iraq for that. I believe they went to Afghanistan to

1. All religions have nearly the same moral. No murdering, No raping , no cheating, no lying, no stealing, no nude, respect and obey parents.

2. We here in Australia and all world heard about shooting in USA not Canada. Then it come this thread from person in USA with subject " What happened to Youth of America" Then he/she talked about US school and the shooting and dropping school plus the English language. Moreover I didn't suggest to convert people to Christianity [i never do]. From where this came?.[see first paragraph above. .

3. That was my diagnose . Give us yours and explain it and response to any respond not yours. More over I don't say that was solely reason. Read my first respond again.

4. Why you defend the people who changed the matter to be religion matter?. it is my diagnose. Ignore it and give us yours.

5. I repeat again The Crusades was against the Christian teaching: Love enemies , give others what they ask and turn check after slapping . Nothing in gospel justifies any war. Tell me if I am mistaken.

6. I am trying to diagnose the problem to suggest the therapy. But I wander of people who argue about the religion. They have to tell us their diagnoses and why the American youth is different.

7. Why you said that sex in family life has no pleasure in it. God put the pleasure in sex. Religion is not against the pressure in bed rooms. God could make it mechanics or manual. But the wise thing to do that during the family life. Everyone will be old one day. If there is not satisfaction with your partner to the end whatever he she looks like, you will be miserable.

8. [n/a]

9. Of course parents/children is mutual respect. But in reality, parents has obligation naturally and by law too to scarifies themselves for the children. But children have to listen to experienced people and obey their decision until they become independent. Parents are responsible by the law for any damage children done. They paid children's fine and the damage they done. So children have to abide with the rule.

10. You said that "Early sex is a decision". What is the decision of person very young . Is he secure financially? Is he/she ready to make family in that age?. Don't tell me about condom?. Many pregnancy is happening. Why both of them and coming child be miserable for this early sex? Why driving license is 18? why the election right age is 18?. Why some decision is considered OK after 21? .

We don't judge or dispute this matter . It is big issue but here we are trying to diagnose why that happening and answering why the American youth problem. We need your input in that matter.

11. When youth see how in series people is easy kissing and have sexual relationship, they think that is real and apply it . Try a kiss and don't find it as sweet how the series and film shows. Then he/ she think that the matter of because of her/him [that opposite individual] so think try other and etc etc. If one boy was rejected then may he steal the gun and go to kill many.The religious convention may be resist him to use his anger to kill people against the commandment.

Atheists follow the moral established in the society. If he/she can cheat without being caught, no guilt they call feel. But the religious person if he/she felt , he knows that was mistake and feel the guilt.

12. I repeat that Jihad is not reasons of the shooting in the schools..

13. I said "eye for eye " is justice but not allowed to done by the individual but it is what the government do in behalf the victim(s). Tell me how you describe the process where the government's agencies catch the offender(s). Put them in Jail till the trial where the prosecutor shows the evidence and the judge and jury decide on guilt of the offenders and suggested the suitable punishment [including death of he convicted by murder for the first degree] then the authorities execute the order including the death penalty.

14. How You claim that "America didn't go to Afghanistan to fight terrorism" ?. Why then they went. Did you hear on Taliban and AlQueeda Headed by Usama Ben Ladin.. Did you hear 11 September events and who was accused done it?

Also the funny thing you say the opposite about Iraq and said ". They went to Iraq for that[i.e terrorism[". It is the last reason among 5 changing reason why America s in Iraq. After every reason it gave approved to be wrong. Did you hear the first excuse on which the President and Congress agreed is that Saddam of Iraq has Weapon of mass destruction" so they want prevent him using these weapon.. This matter is not depend what you believe but it is in history and events in the News

Hey i am American and i will tell you that "fight the man" is not what most people do. You know you do not have to graduate to get a good job because it sounds like if you drop out you have to work at Macdonald's the rest of your life but it is not right so please don't refer to that. And yes i dropped out.

14. How You claim that "America didn't go to Afghanistan to fight terrorism" ?. Why then they went. Did you hear on Taliban and AlQueeda Headed by Usama Ben Ladin.. Did you hear 11 September events and who was accused done it?Also the funny thing you say the opposite about Iraq and said ". They went to Iraq for that[i.e terrorism[". It is the last reason among 5 changing reason why America s in Iraq. After every reason it gave approved to be wrong. Did you hear the first excuse on which the President and Congress agreed is that Saddam of Iraq has Weapon of mass destruction" so they want prevent him using these weapon.. This matter is not depend what you believe but it is in history and events in the News

Wait, that was Afghanistan? I was factually mistaken then. Sorry about that.

Anyway, my input on the problem was a few pages ago. You might find it on page 2 or 3. This topic went off-topic for a while; let's bring it back.

Whats wrong with America's youth you ask? I'll tell you exactly what is causing this sh** storm. It is the fact that as the world's population is growing larger we, as a people, are becoming more isolated and easily offended by each other. Everyone thinks that they can sue anyone if they drink their coffee too fast and burn their f***ing throat! " I burnt my throat because you didn't put a warning on the lid!" Bulls**t. And you wonder what is wrong with us youth. It is because we live in a world where everyone is more concerned about why Britney Spears is shaving her head or that Lindsay Lohan is back in rehab when no one gives a s*** that our economy is trash, our president ran up the national debt to over 5 TRILLION DOLLARS, people can barely afford health care, and our privacy rights as citizens are being slowly taken away! The crappy way kids speak, the fact they are dropping out of school or don't care about their high school education is nothing new. That isn't the problem.

im not going to make my post long and meaningful, instead i make it short and simple.Do consider the economic factors and human factors,Economic Factors and Human Factors that could of lead them towards that type of action could be:- Crime (Lead into a life of crime)-Drugs (Lead intoo a life of drugs) - Family (Poor family structure) - Personal intention (You persoanlly hate school, and get bored of boring stuff, of your personality)etc

Economic Factors and Human Factors that could of lead them towards that type of action could be:

It is very hard to just "lead" a person into something, they must already have a predisposition to it or just be stupid and gullible.

Whats wrong with America's youth you ask? I'll tell you exactly what is causing this sh** storm. It is the fact that as the world's population is growing larger we, as a people, are becoming more isolated and easily offended by each other. Everyone thinks that they can sue anyone if they drink their coffee too fast and burn their f***ing throat! " I burnt my throat because you didn't put a warning on the lid!" Bulls**t. And you wonder what is wrong with us youth. It is because we live in a world where everyone is more concerned about why Britney Spears is shaving her head or that Lindsay Lohan is back in rehab when no one gives a s*** that our economy is trash, our president ran up the national debt to [1]over 5 TRILLION DOLLARS, people can barely afford health care, and our privacy rights as citizens are being slowly taken away! The crappy way kids speak, the fact they are dropping out of school or don't care about their high school education is nothing new. That isn't the problem.

[1] I thought the US debt was up to 9 trillion dollars. Same point, anyway. The US is so far into the red that not even all the companies that Warren Buffett invests in, and Microsoft, combined, could save it.

I guess people expect others to be robots while they exercise their "freedom". It's started to be this way since the seventies. Even Canada is starting to feel the effects of "nanniization" (Nanny-ify-ing. I don't have a better word.).

I guess the privacy rights are being taken away because of an Animal Farm-like scheme of events. Back in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries, America was the symbol for Liberty and Peace, and countries could really look up to them. Now, America has a lot of internal conflict that it tries to hide, but shows through tiny, controlled outbursts. The government probably hides up most of the bad issues, like they do in China. (You know, the people running America's security systems are actually tracked more strictly than criminals under house arrest.) A lot of countries now look down on America as a hypocrite, that doesn't stand for what it used to support.

The point of the quoted post is, stop concentrating on the problems with America's youth, while there are obviously more blaringly serious problems with the adults who actually run the (frigging) country.