xisto Community
zamaliphe

What Do You Thinks Of This Email what do you thinks of this email

RUN!Run far and run fast!DELETE DELETE DELETE!!!This is a con. Look how they are trying to get you to feel sorry for them, all that junk about a refuge camp????? (by the way, how many refugee camps have computer access???) And they are trying to butter you up with lots of compliments and kind words. Sooner or later they are going to ask you for money or something. Don't waste any further time or effort on someone who is actual a crook.

I agree with sheepdog, RUN!! This is a scam, the emails seem to start out innocent enough, just telling you about their life story/background and how tragic it is etc. She does seem to be trying to compliment you continuously and fair enough that's ok... but once it progresses to Bank accounts Lawyers and Money, do not believe a word they say. Eventually they're going to ask for your money or bank account or something along those lines.I'd stay away if i were you. Block them or something :P

Lol, reading these really amazes me. They put so much work into getting these to work on people, but then again, if they ask for $1 mil in advance and you put your life on the line to get it, they still made $1 mil without doing anything but tricking someone into sending it to them.If they ask a lot less more people will fall for it. If people weren't so gullible then you would never get those emails again.I got quite a few from people to wanted to "buy" my laptop on Craigslist for the price + $5000 and wanted to send a "money order" from Nigeria. Yet I guarantee at least a thousand people fall for that trick.

Posted ImageIT'S A TRAP(17)!

Yes when I read that first email that you were sent this was what first came to my mind (sans the 17). I thought that putting this guy would be pretty hilarious, but what they are trying to do to you is no laughing matter. Any person you randomly meet on the internet that is asking for your bank account is most likely running some kind of scam. Even if this was legit (which it is not), why would you go through the trouble for this person when they could take advantage of you so easily?

Any person that you've never met before that emails you a picture and asks for yours is just asking for trouble.

:P:P:P:DB)

Really i also wanted to reply the same dear..........

Thanks for doing it on my side... Although i had a much more interesting image to relate it here.

on the Feb 4, 2008 1:53 PM

i have gotten this email

[size="2"] subject  Hello    signed-by  yahoo.co.uk   [/size][color="#FF0000"]HelloMy name is goodness, i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and if you can send an email to my email address,i will give you my pictures here is my email address (goodnessand500@yahoo.com) I believe we can move from here! Awaiting for your mail to my email address above. goodness.[/color]

now i have replied with this email

zam aliphe to goodnessand500

Feb 7

and i get this email

now she is asking me to accepte 7.5 milione dolars

Obviously this is a scam. It's a very common one now. I think it's called the Congo scam. They ask people for money to withdraw a big amount from a bank account and later ask them to pay inexistent taxes, etc. Or they really make a wire transfer to your account, but you are doing money laundering -it's dirty money from illicit operations- and the IRS or the authority in your country will finally track it through your bank account and send you to jail. Be very careful!!!

my caseWhat Do You Thinks Of This Email

hello

also I have a case like this,, please reade the folwing E.Mail which come from stranger girle called Edith from Dakar..

((Hello my dear

I am very happy to receive your mails, I must consider it a great honour to have come in contact with you,hoping and believing almighty God that he will assist me through You. Darling, I mean every word that I tell you ,as I am writing you this mail, I feel like crying because of my present sitruation . My name is Edith  faye am 24yrs old, but age doesn't matter in a real friendship. Am from serrieleone in west Africa. (bout I am living here in Dakar Senegal as a refugee.) I want to tell you why I am in Dakar Senegal and why I told you that I came from a noble family, and I am also asking for your assistance so that, I can recover my inheritance,which my late father deposited in the  Bank.

My Dear, you are really a nice person from your mail and your words, I think you are the very type of person I 'm looking for, I feel you are serious and I will like to be a part of you if you wouldn't mind .I feel so happy that you will accept me to be a part of you. (like you know, I am living in the catholic church here in Dakar Senegal as refugee.)

It's just like one staying in the prison and I hope by Gods grace I will come out from here soon.

I don't have any trusted relatives,all I have is the Rev father (Man of God), he has been very nice to everyone of us here I was depride from my rightful belonging because of my refugee statution. As a refugee here Dakar Senegal I don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever this is the law of Senegal.

Please I would like to let you know that  I have got with me here, my late father's statement of account and death certificate here with me which I will  like to send to you latter, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in the  Bank, which he used my name as the next of kin,the amount in question is 4..7 m (four Million Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars).

deposit this money, and he used my name as the next of kin to the money.I am unbale take the money because of my refugee statue over here in Senegal. I will like you to assist me get back this money,when the transferred is done into your account,you will take out little out of the total money and send to me,this will be used for my traveling documents and ticket to come to your country..

I kept this secret because I don't want to be hurt in anyway, the only person that knows about it is  one of the Reverend Sister here who is just like a mother to me. Please keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for I am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it. My favorite language is English. I will like you to call me through this number 00221772587614,it is a neighbour number,when you call please ask of Edith Faye,I will be called to respond your call. Have a nice day and think about my request. Note that you can call from  11am to 5pm ,  GMT London time  every week days excluding Sundays will be waiting to hear from you soonest.

Again I trust you because of the feeling I have when I read your e-mail,I believe it was devine because I have undergone alot of prayering and fasting before choosen you.

please assist me out OK.

Yours Lonely

edith))

what you think my friend

-reply by Ahmed

What to do?What Do You Thinks Of This Email

hello, I have gotten those emails too.. I have contact with a christiana.. Said the same thing..

but I actually called the number given, and they said to call back in 5 minutes, so I did..

She did not know who I was, I did not tell her noting of my bank account or personal data..

So she was crying and saying: mommy, please come back I want to come home with you.. And I did not speak but when I did my credit was taken away..

So I have sent her another email, asking her about her mother, because she has mention her dad with the money etc. But not her mom.. So I asked her, if her mom had ever tried to contact you..

I have sent that today.. But I don't know what to do..  

-reply by tina

same BS difrent sender mine was from a Sofia ukwa oumar What Do You Thinks Of This EmailOk I got the same thing here at my end of the internet she Emailed me from dakar heres the frist massage it was sent to me as a comment on a site called elfwood that I had joined 2 days earlyer I smelled something fishy when I tryed to find her profile and nothing came up so I started snooping around :DElfwood Comments Aug 20 2009 [uid:samuel_everstar]‏From: Elfwood Magic Comment Harvester Aug 20 (nobody@elfwood.Com) You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junkSent: Thu 8/20/09 2:00 AMTo: duck14_15@hotmail.ComThis is a message sent to you from Elfwood.If you do not want these emails anymore, please modify the emailfrequency setting for your user profile at Elfwood. +------------------------------------------------------------ -| Sofia ukwa oumar wrote on your guestbook| at Elfwood: http://www.elfwood.com/u/samuel_everstar|| oumarsofia@yahoo.Com Hello I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.U know that I am interested to be a friend first.I also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. Please I will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address, (oumarsofia@yahoo.Com) I don't know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,I will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. I will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress (oumarsofia@yahoo.Com) as you know there is and (oumarsofia@yahoo.Com)como age,race,colour and religion bar when it comes to true love, cares sofia.|| Visit sofiauu at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Message written at: Wed Aug 19 17:31:07 2009 after snooping around I found out that there where scams comeing out of dakar that was after I got the next Email after I had replyed to her with this reply(No Subject)‏From: (duck14_15@hotmail.Com)Sent: Thu 8/20/09 12:50 PMTo: oumarsofia@yahoo.ComShure why not ill email you I cant find your elfwood profile to look at it there if you have one or not. But hay why not its some one to talk to ill send more info when you get back to me and I know that this is not some bad joke by someone ^.^ allways looking for friends anyway.Seeking friendsSamuel everstarSo she replyed to me with this in return to what I hade sentI WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU‏From: Oumar Sofia (oumarsofia@yahoo.Com)Sent: Fri 8/21/09 4:35 AMTo: (duck14_15@hotmail.Com) 1 attachment III.JPG (83.3 KB)I am very happy to receive your replyLike I said before my name is sofia, 23yrs old, single and never married. I believe that it is important we get to know each other better for trust and confidence which is necessary in any good and lasting relationship built on truth and real love.I love reading and spots and like to visit parks and garden to be close to nature. I love children too and will like to have many children when I get married. I am from Sudan and I am presently staying in a refugee camp here in Senegal .I came here because my parents died and our region is not safe at all because of the rebel soldiers who are rapping women everyday and I escaped through the help of the unicef and red cross and I am now registered with the united nation high commission for refugees Dakar Office here in Senegal.I choose to come to Senegal because I came once to Dakar three years ago with my late father because he was in oil business . I will tell you more about my family and everything about me when I am sure who you are and that I can trust you with my life as true friend and guardian,Attached here is my picture I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Please send your own picture and telephone number in your next reply.Hoping to hear from you soonest! yours sofia.Thats when I desided that alittle snooping was not enough I have hit up every white page for dakar and every singel people finder site I can find anywhere in the world on the net searching to ligit her name nothing not a thing comes up then I realy got to wounder so I sent her one last email and I know this one is mean but hay :D if it pissis off the scamer how cares(No Subject)‏From: (duck14_15@hotmail.Com)Sent: Fri 8/21/09 1:34 PMTo: oumarsofia@yahoo.ComMost would stop while there ahead I do do background checks on all people that Email me at random and I like to keep tabs on them and find out about them in my own way ;) I know about all the scams comeing out of your area and I'm no fool like most men, iv been in the computer game all my life and I have seen alot of things, send ME proff that you are not a scamer and then maybe JUST MAYBE we can talk more :D good daySamuel_everstarIll keep you posted on the out come maybe JUST MAYBE she can be ligit but I don't have hopes on it I know too much about how thes things work scamers come in all shapes and sizes just don't open anything you don't know and don't tell anyone anything about your self unless thay prove that you realy are who thay say thay are. Otherwise youll be like the others out there geting scamed every day-reply by samuel_everstar

I have received three of the emails with different names & whenever I ask a serious question they keep on answering it irrelevantly.What the hell?

How is it that they want to transfer the money to Kenya,yet they are aware that  the govt will insist on knowing the origin of the money.

-reply by Vincent

lol I also got the same email..

I have a lot of accounts on different sites that I don't remember what I do when I surf (flirt, be kind, etc)  , so when I got this email I actually fell into it! XDD

I said thanks, but I told the person that I don't remember anything I told him. I told him I wish for his happiness XDD but not with me haha

oh my goodness, it's actually my first time receiving this kind of email, what will happen to me? something bad? or just nothing?

pls answer . Thanks

-reply by 9enma_ai3

comment on what do you think of this emailWhat Do You Thinks Of This Email

hye everybody!surprisingly to say I got the same email too! the story was just the same! it came from a girl in dakar,senegal claiming she is a refugee and has lost her parents and now asking someone for a help to transfer her late father's money being deposited to her account as the next of kin for 4 million us dolar! that's a lot of money! I met this girl in a social site which she sent me a private email,that she wanted to know me.At first I thought she's a man,so I replied her saying I'd like to start as a friend first before move on to the next level.I replied to her 2 weeks after I got the message on the site but she replied me soon enough! and started to tell the story as what being mentioned like above! then I was thinking,doesn't she knows I'm a girl?(I think she's aiming for a man but didn't notice that I'm a girl! hahahaa!) but  I kept reading her email then I started to feel very funny bout her email.How could she trust someone she doesn't know to transfer such a great amount of money? another fact that made her story funnier,how can a refugee use the internet as I believe a refugee camp only provides basic needs? I think the same when I read all comments posted by other victim(can I call that? huhuu...) like me! whoever those poeple are doing this,I think they're such a slob and so pathetic! another thing,I think the next time,they'd like to find another victim,they should confirmed the gender of the person first!then write the most dramatic storyline to them!HAHAHAA! maybe that can even make one cry when reading their email! (huuuuuu...What a sad life this young has to gone through...)

-reply by malaysian girl

well I believe they do bull **** to people. People do get caught up with this but I must let them know that they should stop. They hurt people this way and worst people who are poor and trying to gain riches easily.Thats all I can say. Oh yea and I got one of the mail same as all of you. Don't fall for them

-reply by NEna Nels

hey these are all spams and i am also getting these kinda mails saying they want to start a long lasting relationship with me everytime with a new wmail id they will mailjust do one thing delete them or else get your inbox filled with them

I too got the same message but the sender was different, not only once, but more than 10 times. I strongly feels that this scam works by harvesting emails from social networking sites as all the mails with similar content was received on my email ID that I use exclusively on social networking websites. My spam filters were smart enough mark such messages as SPAM and even otherwise, I would not respond to such messages.This is a scam and eventually it will end up in asking money in a twisted manner. When you paid them, they will vanish in to thin air. Everyone points it to some African countries.