xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
callme

I Have 30 System In My Network I want my network to become slow what I need to do

Hi
I have 30 system in my network I want my network to become slow what I need to do can any one tell me even if there try to browes like yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.the pages shoud not open any pages

My network is 100mbps
And my internet speed is 1mbps I dont have any router only unmanaged switch

You want the network to get slower?Im confused, why would you want it to go slower? Just so certain pages dont load up?It doesnt make much sense to me

Oh they want to block the internet basically or rather specific websites, well slowing down the net is somewhat possible I believe by giving each computer a certain amount of bandwidth. I believe bandwidth monitoring software will allow a network admin to do this, however, if your going to be blocking sites get yourself a router or firewall software and then manually type in the websites or keywords you want to block. I know Linksys carries website blocking through its webites, I know McAfee Security Suite can block websites as well.

HiI have 30 system in my network I want my network to become slow what I need to do can any one tell me even if there try to browes like yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.the pages shoud not open any pages

My network is 100mbps
And my internet speed is 1mbps I dont have any router only unmanaged switch

''doing that can freeze your computer making you have to reboot it, wouldn't that be annoying. :P

Oh they want to block the internet basically or rather specific websites,

It seems you could be right there. Best bet is as SM said, use your router or firewall to block sites manually, either that or block them using a piece of software like netnanny or another website monitoring/blocking program. I think it might be possible to block some sort of script or something that the email websites use because back at college it was possible to access hotmail.com and to login but when you clicked the login button the page just never loaded despite the fact the site was accessible and the net was fast.

You want the network to get slower?
Im confused, why would you want it to go slower? Just so certain pages dont load up?

It doesnt make much sense to me

hi
yes i want my network to be slow down can any tell me best answer

''doing that can freeze your computer making you have to reboot it, wouldn't that be annoying. :P

yes

Oh they want to block the internet basically or rather specific websites, well slowing down the net is somewhat possible I believe by giving each computer a certain amount of bandwidth. I believe bandwidth monitoring software will allow a network admin to do this, however, if your going to be blocking sites get yourself a router or firewall software and then manually type in the websites or keywords you want to block. I know Linksys carries website blocking through its webites, I know McAfee Security Suite can block websites as well.

hi
thanking you for your reply
i want not only few site all the site to be slow down
Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged 3 postings

I want my internet slow

I Have 30 System In My Network

Sir/Mam I want my internet connection to b low speed becoz my friend use my internet more as compare to me. I have only 1 gb plan so how can I get my internet connection to be low speed. I want it manually in my computer. Whenever I want to increase my speed then it should possible for me Thx Please reply

-question by Arman

-------------------------

Try NETLIMITER. Go to download.com

i think he's actually meaning the exact opposite of what he's asking and wants to free up more resources for his connection to be fasterreally hard to understand his exact needs though

That depends how you are distributing the internet connection on the network...If it is going via your PC then you need to download a software that limits bandwidth ....

here i use CCproxy to give internet connection to my friends...it allows me to limiit the bandwidth,limit the max number of connections,block websites (of specific users) and a lot more stuff.....

If you are using a switch....then i don't think you can do much...you need to have some PC act as a server for the internet connection which can manage internet speeds of other PCs on the network.....

There is one thing you can do....connect the direct connection wire to your PC , download the software CCproxy and make your computer a proxy server then you can do all the stuff you want

Try adding in alot of data into the network, tonnes of it. This way the system will lag. Maybe use a proxy server to do things you want, or just keep adding files. I havent tried this but it seems logical, the more space, the more slower? I dont really know because I use vista and dont really use networking so whatever your going to to, Good Luck!Regards,Variablez!

Ir really sounds crazy , you want a network to be slow ? If at all you want it just send some flood packets into your network and your network is going to become automatically slow ( Note : This is Highly not advisable ) Just scan for some open ports for the network host connected to your computer and use some flooding clients and flood the network, technically what happens is that packets of junk data is being sent on your network which causes a heavy traffic and thereby slows down the connection speed.

HiI have 30 system in my network I want my network to become slow what I need to do can any one tell me even if there try to browes like yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.the pages shoud not open any pages

My network is 100mbps
And my internet speed is 1mbps I don't have any router only unmanaged switch

I have same problem like you. I have 30 Computers in Network and Its became network slow and Internet surfing is also slow. I was not browse like general websites too.
It problem because of you system users use internet unlimited (i.e. one user download files then other users system(browsing speed becomes slow) or may not work. ) Firs you need to control bandwidth over you each system (divide equally). There are many software to control bandwidth you can search at google.com.
I recommend you to use Mikrotik Router which is easy interface and Fast Network Connection. You can manage all system's(users) browsing speed. Up/Down Speed. After installing Mikrotik Router I solve the problem what you mentioned above.
and also make the your all systems are virus free. Virus may consumed your internet bandwidth.

share multiple internet connections in a workgroup I Have 30 System In My Network

hi

I have 12 computers in a workgroup. And three of my computers in this workgroup have separate internet connections . Now I want share (IC) internet connection 1 to three computers, (IC) 2 to three computers and (IC) 3 to the remaining three computers within the workgroup. And I also want to enable sharing of files among these 12 computers . What ip should I be using to enable file sharing within the network . Which network device should I be using to do this ...Can anyone help please...

-question by Donny

computer networkI Have 30 System In My NetworkI have 90 computers in my workgroup. How can I get 1 or 2 kb/s from each comuter to boost by internet speed? Please help me my INTERNET speed is too slow.-reply by Immi