xisto Community
Fleet

Everything Is Dangerous!

Well in my religion i cant drink alcahol or smoke I guess thats good because then i should have a healthy heart as i eat alot of fruit and vegetables =]. But do not eat alot of oily foods because of the amount of cholesteral they can carry into your body. Cholsteral is a bad thing. They clogg up your arteries with fat, and once your heart tries to force the bloood into a clogged up artery the heart has to try its hardest to push the blood through. if the heart is not successful in doing this you will get a heart attack. Heart attacks happen during middle aged lifes though. Hope this helps.Surbjit =]

No, it's not just you, I've noticed this many many times. So many times that it's all actually pretty riduculous, and I don't believe any of it. Not only just the types of food you eat, but how you cook them. I even saw a study that claims you get cancer from eating a burger cooked in a cast iron frying pan. Of course there are studies that say frying in cast iron is good for you because your food absorbs some of the iron, and iron is a needed nutrient in your body. But lord help you if you BBQ that burger on an open fire because that will put carcinogenic smoke particules in your burger. And there is my favorite bad guy, Chocolate. You can read conflicting studies all day long that profess it is good/bad for you. To the doomsayers of chocolate, all I can say is shut up and pass me that Hersey bar! :P I think a lot of these studies come from not the desire to improve the lot of human kind, but out of greed. Many of these studies are done with government grants, people see it as a way to get free money so they can stay employeed. Better I suppose than drawing a welfare check where you do nothing to recieve compenstation, but still a drain on the people that have to pay those taxes to support the lazy goof offs. I think the concensus of the majority here is a good common sense, all things in moderation.

It is crazy.I mean for years everybody went on about the nutritional valueof peanuts.Now it's almost like theres almost a conspiracy against them.It could probably be because a few people got allergies from them.Then theres milk.Too much milk can kill you.When I was a kidmilk could do no wrong.As allready mentioned.Bad news is always goodpublicity.Lots of profit in it.I think anything can kill you if you have too much of it.

This whole "cancer" thing has gotten out of hand, and has been for a while now.I've heard the weirdest things regarding cancer, including these causes:Hot dogs...WATERCokeSeriously?How can they really expect us to quit drinking WATER? They say it's the flouride or whatever it is in it that's cancerous,lol.So me, I don't really pay attention to what they say anymore. They are going to hit the point where they just say "Everything causes cancer. You're all going to die!" or something.

Noticed by me too and its kind annoying but funny in the same time as well because they (the newspapers) in the most cases don't make the study by themselves and they just grab it from a source that can't be trusted by the casual reader (and by them neither) and my theory is that they write it just so they have something to fill up the space in their empty parts of their papers :P

I say, you don't have to trust them at once but you can research and find out if they lie or not. And if you have spare time you can also write an email to the newspaper editor. :P

Noticed by me too and its kind annoying but funny in the same time as well because they (the newspapers) in the most cases don't make the study by themselves and they just grab it from a source that can't be trusted by the casual reader (and by them neither) and my theory is that they write it just so they have something to fill up the space in their empty parts of their papers :P

I say, you don't have to trust them at once but you can research and find out if they lie or not. And if you have spare time you can also write an email to the newspaper editor. :P

Researching it on your own wouldn't do any good. All research is done for the monetary benefits. They get government grants and stuff to find things that are unknown.

I am positive there are many studies that are "proven" to be true that are false, and are only said to be true for the government money.

Is it me, or every time you open a Newspaper, turn on the News, or look on a News Website, there's another article on a food that was good for you last week, and now is supposedly bad for you. It seems everyday, something ELSE is bad for you. Is it all true though? I remember a few months ago, the news came up with something being bad; so, I kept off eating it for a while. Then, the next week, it apparently helps lower blood pressure or... something like that. :P
So what are your views on this? Do you go by everything in the newspapers? Or do you just ignore them, and eat what you think is healthy? Let us know!

Happy I can't read watch TV and can't do a website very well lol. but honestly. your right. you cant go out and have a stake cooked like you want it much anymore because if it is too rare it could hurt you. and when you open up your papaer, all you read of is death or something bad happening. same with the tv.

Happy I can't read watch TV and can't do a website very well lol. but honestly. your right. you cant go out and have a stake cooked like you want it much anymore because if it is too rare it could hurt you. and when you open up your papaer, all you read of is death or something bad happening. same with the tv.

Yeah, I agree...If you go eat a stake, it really depends. Wooden ones give spliters, and metal ones can give you rust poisoning.

Now *steak* on the other hand....

:P, Sorry. I couldn't hold it in,lol.

There is probably something both good and bad about every food.Sometimes the media will emphasise the negative.The current trendy one seems to be peanuts.I alwaysthought they were very nutriscious,but according to what thenewspapers say,they art evil.I'll never figure it out.