xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood&CLASSIQUE

Dreaming In Different Languages?

hi, everyone. i was just google searching 'speaking languages in dreams that you don't know' and stumbled upon this thread. i had a dream a couple of nights ago that went as follows (bear with me because it's quite odd)...my house was invaded by a vampire and his gang. they were killing everyone in my house until i said this four word chant. two of the words were "levantate" and "guarde" i haven't been able to recall the other two words but i remembered those words upon waking. i didn't know what they meant in the dream but when i said this chant the vampires were levitated and paralyzed mid air. upon researching the words i found them to be spanish and they meant actual things. levantate meaning "get up, stand up raise, elevate, lift" and guarde being the conjugated of 'guardar' meaning 'to keep' so part of the chant was 'to keep elevated' which is exactly what happened in the dream. i didn't know what these words meant before the dream and i had to google search their meanings to find them to be fully conjugated in my dream. i can't find an explanation for that. i'm not sure what this means for the discussion and i have no other sources outside of myself because i have never experienced anything like this before. i just thought that this case would add to the discussion at hand.

Edited by ryde (see edit history)

Ummm never did that :) I always dream in my language - Macedonian.But i rarely dream with speaking. I usually run or fly :D This months , i don't even dream. My dreams are dark , not understandable , fast , stupid :)And always when i dream something cool , like a car or a new mobile , i never try it , i always only look at it and think how cool it is.

this thread is a good example of what i believe. i believe for some people, dreams are a gateway to a past life or past lives so speaking or hearing other people speak in a foreign language is something you've already picked up even if it wasn't in this lifetime. you can recall many things in dreams. i think past lives are one of the things you can recall. people get confused because they can't associate their dream with their every day life and in school, they only teach you the psychology behind dreams. i think there is much more to dreams than people realize.

Oh gosh, I had a dream in what might have been Amharic. Even though I don't know the language, my Dad's family has strong Ethiopian roots (to the point where people from there look at us and ask what part we're from XD) but I've never heard my Dad or anyone else I know speak it. I only speak English fluently and know a little bit of Spanish from HS classes. The major shockers in the dream were that I was in a marketplace with my sister in Ethiopia (I don't have a sister in real life though). We had a few tense words but I remember asking her what was going on in a language that sounded like a mixture between Arabic and Hebrew. In particular it was very fluid and shared the ch sound with the Hebrew language. IDK, I agree with anwiii that dreams could hold past life meanings and other things you don't necessarily get taught in school. I took my dream to be encouragement to explore that side of my family in more depth and learn about the language, the culture, etc. :)

Edited by Wildflower89 (see edit history)

I've had a dream that was in Japanese and understood what was said, but I speak english in my real life. I know a few Japanese words, but not enough to put a conversation together. I cannot remember the name of the person, but I said to that person in Japanese that there is a fly on the wall. Very strange,

I had dreams where I could speak or hear in different languages which I know, but usually it's in my mother tongue and as I understand I rarely speak in dreams, usually it's all in the mind, you speak without opening your mouth :DAlso, I remember I had crazy dreams where I could speak/understand languages I never heard and which doesn't even exist, some kind of quack sounds :D