xisto Community
Vixen_Poetic

"what Do You, Personally, Believe?" Irrespective of religion, what do you believe is true?

I believe you Live, Pay Tax and then you die and thats it theres nothing else, no god, no eternal life, no second chances. Dead, gone, finished... despite believing this do I fear death... No for it is these reasons I do not fear death because when I'm dead thats it, I wont know any different. I'm scared of being blind but if I was born blind I wouldn't mind as much. I'd take death over a lot of things and I don't care about talk that god owns my life. I own my own destiny, to do with what I want, and no-one but me has that right and if I oneday fall ill, too ill to do things for myself, no recovery then suicide is a definate option!

Saitunes, something you said bothers me. It's right here:

I believe god is like that kindergarten/early school teacher who rewards the ones who came first, but also gives out those 'competitor' ribbons. Having said that Heaven could be like a club, and those who did extraordinary things (like Ghandi, Mother Theresa) are in the VIP section.

Since 99.9% (and more) of the people who have ever lived did not have the opportunity to do great, world changing things like Ghandi or Mother Teresa, is it even fair to judge those who, lacking the opportunity for visible greatness, just did what they could each day for those around them on the same scale of accomplishments?

I believe in God. I Also find that we are now in the book of revlations. If you read it you will find that all most of what it says is now happening. I know that the bible is hard to follow but with gods help and a bible that has refrences you can determin what they are telling you.

Well i lived with my mother but was raised catholic by my grandmother, she even put me into a catholic school for a couple of years, to this day i am not a steady church going person, I married into a greek family and they are greek orthodox, we wanted to be married in the church because of his family so i had to learn and study and take classes on the orthodox religion, which turned out to be almost the same exact as catholic, with a few small differences. it was interesting to find out. I still am not a church going person, although i do believe in god. I think thats all that matters is that you believe not how you believe, I really dont think someone should be made to believe in a religion. Like some want to go door to door and puch there religion upon you, I dont believe this is right. Everyone has a right to there own opinion and there iwn beliefs. Iunderstand that some may not agree with me and im not asking you to. All I say is I do believe in god. But i dont want to be made to believe in any certain religion.

I believe in jesus and his works. I believe in Christianity, but it's not about being christian or not! God is not a denomination or even a religion. IT's a relationship! You hear so many people claiming to be christians, catholics, baptists and all those things, but do they really live out their life with God beside them daily?I was born in a buddhist family, raised catholic, "used to be self proclaimed agnostic" (i believed in a god but i did not know him), and reborn a christian. But none of that tell says i am a rigtheous person more than going out and having a relationship with god!Now i know there are muslims, jehovah's witness, and other religions that do not believe in the full works of jesus christ, but thats a while nother part of "the truth." I have full respect with people who have their own relationships with god and i am not going to say that your believes are wrong and mine is right! IT has taken me 22 years for me to fully understand this and i am one of the lucky ones to find out so early!I dont base my entire religion on just a feeling i have with "my" God, but i base it on the bible as well as my study in christian apologetics.The bible was written by man, but they are god's words so i believe everything in the bible is from god! I am not an apologis, but i like to learn a lot about my faith! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So far, i have not found any evidence that disproves christianity. I have not found found any evidence that disproves evolution either, but the thing that makes me believe in a God is basically, it takes less faith for me to believe that something came from GOD than something came from nothing!this may not make sense to you at first but just think about this! 1. God is all knowing, all powerful, and all present. He is perfect and created everything!2. BY chance, 1 cell came and reproduced itself perfectly to be able to keep reproducing itself in a lifeless world and evolved to make every living thing on earth! (imagine mars or any other planet and just out of nowhere, a cell appears.)

I believe in jesus and his works. I believe in Christianity, but it's not about being christian or not! God is not a denomination or even a religion. IT's a relationship! You hear so many people claiming to be christians, catholics, baptists and all those things, but do they really live out their life with God beside them daily?

Thank you for your contribution, jjaenagle. That is an interesting, even evocative, question and we could all do with asking it of ourselves. I have met many who do and too many who don't, but claim to.

I believe in Hinduism.Why?because i was brought up with it via parents and that's how i choose it. It wouldn't be correct if i went and believed in other religions.But thats not the case because i believe n Hinduism 100%. It's one of the oldest religions and also has pictures of Gods unlike other religions and also has many things happening in the world which support Hinduism.Such as shrines in India of gods in a temple were turning from silver to gold, it was all recorded and on the news in India.

I Personally belive that Jesus is the Divine healer. Let me Start with an incident which truly took place .Barbara, a resident of Texas, got affected with multiple sclerosis when she was 15 years. She could not walk without the help of a cane. Seven years later, she had breathing problems, and her lungs and the intestines were failing. She had the worst type of MS. But in June 1981, the believers in that district came to know about her plight and they started sending her promise prayer cards. Two people from the local Church came and prayed over her. At that time, Barbara heard an assuring voice telling her, ?My child, get up and walk.? Her faith soared. Others did not hear the voice but she did get up and walked down the hall to the amazement of everyone in her family and in the hospital. Halleluiah! GOD HEALS! HE HEALS EVEN TODAY! In Acts chapter 3, we read about greater miracle. A man crippled from his birth stood up, walked, jumped and praised God, when Peter and John ministered to him. There was no chance for his healing. Yet, the Lord, the divine Healer, did heal him ? and made him whole in a moment. Miracles are not extraordinary to our Lord but only very natural and ordinary to Him. We see two criteria here regarding the healing received. Firstly, the healing was by the name of JESUS! Secondly, it was received through faith in His name. He is not only the Healer, He is also the Author and Perfecter of faith!

Within the broad topic of spirituality and religeon, and without mentioning what religeon you espouse, what do you, in the depth of your heart believe is true?
Please keep all discussion friendly... or at least courteous.

To kick it off: I believe that God does not lie. Exact words can be mucked up in translations but God, being good, does not tell a falsehood.

Dear friend I believe in God and believe in this truth as much as I believe in the rising sun. So what I want to say is God is the super power who controls each and every deed hapening in this world. From the birth of a creature to its death and then rebirth it is this super power who controls every thing and we all call him God. God has made this a beautiful world for us. And what we humans are doing is spoiling it as anything unknowingly the importance of it. We can in other words say that this world is a stage, we are the actors and God is the director of this show. God bless you dear friend. 

i have been through a lot in my young years and i have found that it is way easier to just think logically and not believe or tell anyone about ur beliefs because they will more than likely act a "way" about the whole situation in its entirety.i belive in not believing at all and living for the moment either good or bad.it really doesnt matter becasue you are really nothing(sorry to say but its the truth..and u and i will hardly make a great change in this worl so what the point?...i am sorry if i offend anyone in any way(even though by me saying i'm sorry wont change anyhtnig except making the other person"feel " better (but that still doent change anyhting). it is better not to belive in my opinion becasue we have made it so complicated in beliving that there is no more point to it...belive in christianity is like haveing an old imaginary friend.jesus is our imaginay friend and the devil is the person we blame it all on.so my conclusion to this is that we should stop belive and go about living our lives and stop asking everyone what they belive and leave them alone(for the sake of getting points i had to write this but i realy dont care who all reads it even if making myself saying that "i dont care" makes it sound like i do(which i dont). i belive in having no belief...a belife its jsut showing you how to be a good person but we have made it into this whole big pill of (#$%&^) excuse my language...lack of a better word...our belives is just trying to show us how to be a better person in out own eyes so stop trying to make it into a whole complicated situation about feeling!

I believe in Christianity. However, I do question. I love learning about other religions, other practices and ways of doing things. I believe that religion is a very personal thing and that each person has to choose their own path. I was brought up in a household where we were very active in our Protestant church, but when I got older we got a little less active. I think it had to do with the fact that my Grandma's health started failing and she was the religious figurehead of our household. She was the superintendent of our church for a very long time when I was little and of the whole family, she was definitely the most active with our church. I've had a lot of struggles with religion over the years, but I identify as Christian because that is what I believe. I have friends from all different religions though and it makes it very interesting and much easier to learn about other religions. I honestly don't know whether I can say which one is the "right" one, and I don't think there is a "right" one - just what's right for each individual person. ;)