xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jailbox

Best vocalist

Mariah Carey and whitney houston

Best vocalist

I think the best vocalists are Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.

-reply by Yeni Ann Isabella

Best Vocalists

Best vocalist

I have to say the best vocalist I can think of are

>Chris Cornell ( Audioslave, Temple of Dog, Soundgarden and Solo)

>Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin, Solo)

>Roger Daultry ( The Who)

>Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi)

>Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver)

>Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)

>Zack de la rocha (Rage Against The Machine)

>Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

-reply by KONIGA

best vocals?

Best vocalist

For me these are: Freddie Mercury, Eric Adams (Manowar!!), James Labrie. And a favorite of mine is Zach Stevens - Savatage _ the Blind Guardian vocalist, whose name I didn't learn

-reply by Dima

Best VocalistBest vocalistFreddy Curci is a legendary melodic rock /AOR vocalist renowned for his multi-octave singing range and his unique ability to hold a long note. 

He can sing a ballad with a beautiful, smooth voice like Steve Perry of Journey or Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon or belt out a rocker with a rough edge on his voice like Brad Delp of Boston.Freddy has 4 different areas of vocal expertise that make him unique. 

His ability to hold a note on key for an amazing amount of time. 
(He is listed in the Guinness Book of Records for holding the longest note in a pop song, for the ending note of the 1989 #1 hit Sheriff song "When I'm with You.")The incredibly creative harmonies he does with himself.The way he slides into falsetto like a knife through butter.One of the best ranges I have ever heard! 

Freddy Curci was lead vocalist for the band Sheriff from 1979 to 1985.
In 1988 he co-founded the band Alias. 
Alias is well known for the 1990 #2 hit ballad "More Than Words Can Say" 

More information on Freddy Curci can be found at his website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;
-reply by Daphne

who is the vocalist everBest vocalist
My top 10 vocalsits would be

1. John Lennon(The Beatles)
2. Liam Gallagher(Oasis) he sounds like John
3. Paul Mccartney(The Beatles)
4. George Harrison(The Beatles)
5. Noel Gallagher(Oasis)
6.Mick Jagger(The Rolling Stones)
7. Niel Young
8. Lee Mavers(The La's)
9. Oger Daltrey(The Who)
10. Richard Ashcroft(The Verve)

-reply by g10r

O.k so I have to say that I have already posted here, but I deleted it because I changed ny mind, sorry if this was not the right thing to do, I have absolutely no intention of making unnecessary posts or anything like that.
So I would habe to say Ronnie James Dio, for anyone how does not know he was the initial singer with Rainbow, and before that he was with Elf, and now with the 'band' Dio. He was also i Black Sabbeth at one time.

I think he has an incredibly strong voice, which is especially suited for the type of music he performs.

Black Sabbath was better with Ozzy Osbourne, which is why my top 5 vocalists are probably:

1. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
2. Steve Walsh (Kansas)
3. Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
4. Roger Daltrey (The WHO)
5. Pete Townshend (The WHO)
Edited by DeM0nFiRe (see edit history)

Anyone but Ann Wilson of Heart, we're so sick of this bull *person* looking person with a destroyed helium voice, aka the nitrogen helium formula developed by MGM in the 30's for their male cartoon voice for Bugs Bunny.  They were a couples and singles sex symbol in the late 70's and transformed over a 2 year period from what looks to be the effect of tissue expansion from drinking the above two years later and became a lesbian bull *person* looknig masculine lead singer.  No wonder they have no following except for stupid small fan club who probably look just like them.  The press also roasted them over their hair, that was noticeable after they squatted indignantly on handles like "Never" and "Alone", and they became the most mistreated connector "and" in the English language.  Funny the way their small following nash their teeth over the idea that some opera blob isn't popular with mainstream.  People like Nix and Hynde and Joplin and Benetar currently for the top spot. 

-reply by Bubba Bub

vocalistabilityBest vocalist

Agreed: We ought to be thinking of ability, not personal preference. I myself am a relative layman, so the best I do is get this discussion on track and attract some thoughtful interlocutors who can enlighten us--the mindless masses--as to what constitutes vocal strength, skill, creativity and style.

-reply by aflex

Re; Top 5 vocalistsBest vocalist

Brad Delp was the best, bar none.  His voice was pure auditory heaven, his range was phenomenal, he could sing soft ballads and belt out rock anthems with power AND control.

The only guy who deserves to be mention in the same sentence as brad is Freddy Mercury.

-reply by Matt