xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jailbox

Best vocalist

Only one name deserves to be mentioned here... Freddie Mercury. Vocal Range, how he sings it and all... And I'm not even counting his stage presence or songwriting etc! God, amazing!-Chari

Man, there's a lot of good vocalists, but actually, i think that the vocalist of Stone Sour, and Slipknot is one the best vocalists, because he can sing with suavity and he can sing with gutural song too. But there are so many others good vocalists, like Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden, and Freddy Mercury, that was the amaziest singer in the world...

Dude, Kurt Cobain. Kurt was the best vocalist... He was the John Lennon of the 90's. Nirvana (Kurt) undoubtedly spoke for a whole generation... as a leader... in my opinion, Kurt was the best rock/grunge vocals ever to step upon this planet :o

Might just be personal preference but i prefer Eddie Vedders vocals over Cobains

For pure screaming: Oli Sykes maybe or Randy Blythe

For mix of scream and clean: Mikael Akerfeldt

For Pure Clean: Claudio Sanchez or Dallas Green

best vocalist

Best vocalist

I respect your opinions but opinions are not always true as facts.

AND THE FACT IS THAT DAVID GILMOUR IS THE WHODUNIT OF ALL...LEAVES HIS COUNTERPARTS IN THE DUST...

His voice seems like coming frm the horizon...Have a look at that concert -PULSE... You WILL VOICE MY OPINION..OOPS FACT

-reply by lallan taaaauuuu

Freddie Mercury hands down, that man had the voice of a musical God. He could scream his lungs out and sound amazing, he sang with his heart thats why he was the best and soooo much power in his voice.-reply by hitemup

Azahel - Frost Like Ashes (haha.... just kidding..... but still awesome band)

But seriously... T.J. Humlinski of Feast Eternal (kick *bottom* death metal) has some pretty amazing vocals.

Easy stuff for me:Ronnie James Dio, Christina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil), The singer from Into Eternity (seriously, this guy can switch between some high pitch clean vocals to some sort of growl...amazing stuff), King Diamond (King Diamond, Merciful Fate), Any singer in any power metal band (for the most part), Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher (Cannibal Corpse).Ok, now to criticize some people in this thread ^_^Corey Taylor was only good in Stone Sour. His vocals in Slipknot weren't guttural, they just s*cked.Phil Anselmo was decent in Pantera at best. I love Pantera, but I only listen cuz of Dime. If he weren't in it, I probably wouldn't like them. Phil is a weasel, and I hate the other bands he's in.Jonathan Davis of Korn? No....just no....he's rather horrid in any comparison to any actual singer, or any actual guttural vocalist.That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it. :P

Best vocalistx

Best vocalist

My favorites are:

- Kurt Cobain

- Chris Cornell

- Thom Yorke

- Jon Davis (earlier material)

- Chester Bennington

- Freddie Mercury

-reply by Minorsincorporated

No Comparison

Best vocalist

Different vocalist sing in different genres so can't really say who's the best. Here's my pick list of some of the best vocalist in International commercial rock music:

(in no particular order)

Chris Cornell

Jeff Buckley

Miles Kennedy

Ronnie James Dio

Rob halford

Eddie Vedder

Glenn Danzig

Freddie Mercury

James Labrie

Jim morrison

-reply by lonely stranger