xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pinyl

Bismuth Crystals Fascinating rhombic lab-grown crystals

Bismuth crystals are peculiar, lab-grown stones that form intricate rhombic patterns. The patterns repeat on different axes and look like small cities. The metal almost seems to be "high-tech", it's really quite amazing and it's almost ambiguous as to what your looking at. All of the real information about this strange material is available on Wikipedia of course, but I must recommend a Google for 'Bismuth Crystals' to see some diverse photographs. Seeing these for the first time is like the revealing of an entirely different, mathematical aspect of nature, apt for reflection and contemplation.-Pinyl

Wow, thanks for showing me that. I've seen these before but never as crazy looking as this. It's amazing how they show all the different colors. Bismuth crystals naturally don't look anywhere as cool as that...

Wow.... thats pretty cool. I had never seen those crystals before. I even found a DIY bismuth crystal guide, but I would need something to melt metal with. Guess I could buy one of those portable propane flame cans but dont know if it will melt the metal. They look really cool.

I had never even heard of those before...That's pretty cool though. I loved the colorations of them, as they vary but are like metallic in nature(some of them)...Is that normal coloring though or customized?They all look like they were cut and colored in a custom fashion, but regardless they still look pretty nice.

Bismuth Crystals is made from Bismuth, right? Or is it the same? Anyway when I hear "Bismuth" I do not think of anything good, haha. Many people get reactions like itch and such from certain cosmetics containing Bismuth. Using make-up with it may make your face become blank faster or very easily. Well hey, I doubt this is the right forum or place to tell about such things.