xisto Community
jlhaslip

Html 5 Draft Report Released Read the changes from html 4 here

Found another reference to HTML5 on the W3schools site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Lists of the elements/attributes/etc that are new to html5 and also the 'not supported' tags are also listed.

Interesting to note the DOM Events that will be added to HTML5, like 'contenteditable'. Interesting stuff. A blending of javascript and xhtml into a web page. Maybe I'll start learning javascript or Ajax next... likely be handy in HTML5.

Hmm, this is pretty interesting stuff. I just glanced at the draft relatively quckly, but from what I can tell, if you are already using CSS, alot of this won't have a negative effect. The biggest effect of this will be to those that insist on not learning CSS and doing everything in HTML. XD

Edited by DeM0nFiRe (see edit history)

wow this sure looks promising - my favourite part is the video embedding part - now there's no need to wait to install all those plugins on new systems anymore. Hmm I think this feature will help in the sale of IPads too - anyway it's not time to talk about that now. HTML5 is surely an awesome phase in the advancement of the internet and I'm positive that it will become a major milestone soon.

For me...I can't wait for all of it to come out mainstream and whatnot...but for TWO browsers to use it...I've heard that FF and Chrome already have support for HTML5, or is my information wrong?