xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrinningKittie

What Is Your Technique For Waking Up Out Of A Dream?

Isn't it called "lucid" dreaming when you are aware that you're dreaming and then you either wake yourself up or control it?Well ya I had that before, I was being chased by a person (I hate being chased in dreams because for some reason you run SO slow) and I tripped, and I think that's when I realised I was in a dream. So I told myself to get and run and I fell into a whole (that's the other thing I hate about dream...anything can happen!) and I just told myself, "wake up! c'mon its just a dream, wake up!" That's about it, nothing special.But the lucid dreaming didn't happen for a while...only on occasions. Like one time I was able to communicate to a person in my dream but the person answered back in complete gibberish and broken sentences. *laugh* dreams are so weird!

I don't really know if I have a technique, but usually when I am aware that I'm dreaming, I could choose to continue on with it or stop it at a certain point. Usually when I'm a bit anxious or scared, I would stop it and just wake up. I remember a dream I had recently where I "left" something and when I was about to get it back, someone tried to snatch it in front of me. In my dream, this was something important and probably letting others take it made me want to stop to know what would happen after they've taken it away.What's even more interesting is how I'm able to influence my dream from what my mind's current state is in before I fall into a short sleep. I guess my mind wanted "simulate" what would happen if something came. I was in the office and I was a bit tired because of lack of sleep (since I work in night shift and it takes a lot, and I mean A LOT of energy out of me). I was monitoring an application whether we're going to encounter some major problems. I wasn't aware that I already fell asleep, but I was still in front of the computer and when I looked at the application, a severe problem just popped up, and once that happened, I suddenly woke up, realizing everything was just a dream. Even up to know I find it funny, amazing and a bit freaky. I've told that to one of my officemates and he was even at awe at how fast I was able to shift from waking state to dreaming state.

i can't wake myself up, i wake up when nightmares on the worst possible point. sometimes i realize its a nightmare but i can't wake up and sometimes i don't want to wake up but i can't stop it <_<

Wow this is a great topic. Dreaming has always been strange for me. Ever since I was really little (4 or so) I've been able to control my dreams. I can force myself to dream about something, stop a dream I don't like, change what's happening inside a dream, or force myself to wake up. I'm not really sure how I figured it out, it just happened. I've only recently found out that this is actually 'lucid dreaming'.As for waking up, it seemed to happen naturally. I'd focus my mind on being awake and ignore anyone or anything inside the dream. I would refuse to move along with it and sort of plant myself in one spot. After a couple minutes (I think) I'd be awake. I later found out that all this is a family trait.

i can't wake myself up, i wake up when nightmares on the worst possible point. sometimes i realize its a nightmare but i can't wake up and sometimes i don't want to wake up but i can't stop it <_<

lol this sounds like me :(

I have the same problem. when im having a nightmare i can never tell im dreaming and it goes all the way. Even to a point when im trying to run away from the bad thingy but i cant actually run. Or its like super slow motion. And just as im about to be killed or attacked i wake up struggling to breath.

On the other hand if im having a lets say nice dream about a woman rofl just as were about to get going my alarm goes off and wakes me up. Or something will wake me up. Bummer huh.

Well, I can't control whether or not I realize I'm dreaming, but it often happens. Once I realize I'm dreaming, my "dream self" just kind of stands there like, now what? So, I open my eyes as wide as I can. I don't know how, but it always works. My "dream self" opens her eyes really wide, and then bam! My own eyes open. It's kind of cool because I always remember it, and it feels so real. Sometimes when I realize I'm dreaming and it's not really a bad dream, I just wander around and do things. I examine what everything feels like with the realization that it's not real. Dreams are crazy.

I dont usually (or most of the time, never) want to wake up out of a dream. Even if they are bad dreams i still like them <_<. It puts me off of remembering abuot school. If i want to get myself out of a dream then i just think of something REALLY bad or i just think about getting up, works for me!. I have a technique of remembering your dreams too, as soon as you get up think about what you did in your dream, itl come to you within a few secs. But you gotta do it 3 mins before you get up otherwise then its out of your memory for good.

The only dream i remember was when i was little and i was being shot at and i couldnt wake up at all. As for nightmares go, i wake up talking, standing over something and my arm or leg hurts from hitting it. Wow my dreams are weird!!!

Since i can remember i can control my dreams (lucky me). Like i'm living 2 lives one real life and one "dream" life...And in my "dream" i do the things different as from my real life, which helped me trough difficult choises, soooo i know which choise is the best.Also if its a "bad" dream i can weak myself up or turn the situation if I'm "strong" enough.There where situations, i've got killed or something different happend to me.But lately I dream things and after a time i experience a part i've dreamed.What i would ask is there some site about how to interpret a dream ???

Since i can remember i can control my dreams (lucky me).

What does remembering have to do with controlling the dreams? That's a little bit confusing. Personally I cant control my dreams. To me its completely random occurrence. In rare cases the closest I can come to it is being aware what is going on in the dream. Evidence for that is waking up and being disappointed(in some cases, if its a good dream). I think its possible some people mistake that for being able to control a dream. No offense to anyone, but my opinion is that it is not possible to control your dreams. To me it doesn't seem possible. Then again if something as crazy as spontaneously being somewhere else in your mind when you're sleeping and your brain is in sleep mode, I suppose it could be possible.

What i would ask is there some site about how to interpret a dream ???

I don't know any, but I think you may be mislead by those kind of sites. I think dreams are mostly random, and should be interpreted by the dreamer if interpreted at all.

FINALLY

What Is Your Technique For Waking Up Out Of A Dream?

Replying to GrinningKittie

I'm so glad other people can do this. I tried to explain it to my mom and she looked at me like I was crazy. Ever since I can remember I've ALWAYS known when I was having a nightmare. There have always been about 3 or 4 that are recurring. I know people used to say "if you die in your dreams, you die in real life" blah blah. Well if I was in a nightmare I'd usually jump off something head down and by the time I should hit the ground I knew I'd wake up. Then I realized I could focus on closing my eyes really tight in my dream and open them quickly. It usually takes a couple of tries, but by the 3rd or 4th time my eyes will physically open and I'll be awake. I've usually just focused on physically opening my eyes, but there was one time I knew I was in a bad dream and I knew that my dog was on my bed with me. I focused on yelling thinking that if I yelled loud enough in my dream I might make noise in real life.. After what seemed like forever it worked.. I woke up saying my dogs name. But anyway.. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

-reply by Nikki

ADMIN SUGGESTION

==========================

Try not to think anything before going to bed. Try to keep your mind empty and dislocate yourself mentally from the world.

Forgive all the people who have problems with and Sacrifice mentally all your material belongings to the Heavens or to the people you love.

Try to focus nothing but the present moment and understand that your purpose of you lying down on the bed was to sleep and Sleep for doing the duty of sleeping.(a duty towards your body).

Wake up early and tell me how you felt?

Do this for a week and tell me how you feel after waking up now? :-)

-Shree (Xisto.com)

My technique from waking up from a dream, especially a nightmare... was to fall asleep in the dream. For me it made so much sense, because I've always thought of... eh, for example... I go to sleep, but there's another me that wakes up and goes on this really messed up adventure filled with the laws of physics being broken. Then when the adventure is over, that me goes back to sleep. That's where the other me wakes up and go on a not so messed up adventure where I barely get to class on time, eat, post on forums...

well me, for both nightmares/amazing dreams, at the time when reality seems surreal, i start thinking, then i realize i am sleeping.. [as weird as it sounds] but i just lay in bed dreaming the dream, until i decide i am bored from it then open my eyes, walk around [walk it off] then go back to bed.the key to waking up is being conscious of when the line when reality & fantasy is crossed :lol:

Yes i was lying in my bed, and then someone jumped through the window, and i woke up, but i was still asleep. then it continued with something else and i woke up again but was asleep, then i tried to wake my sister up but she wouldn't listen and then i woke up and i was awake this time, and i was like, "damn i need to stay awake, i can't dream about this anymore", but i fell asleep and did it two more times it was annoying.I was happy when i was awake. i didn't want to go to sleep for awhile.Because i usually sleep.

why would you want to wake up wen you know you are dreaming? once you know you are dreaming, you can control your dreams by using some of the same techniques you use to wake up from your dream.as far as waking up from a sleep when i'm not dreaming, that has always been hard for me. i have been sleeping, i can hear my suroundings around me but never could seem to wake up when i wanted to. i once was lying in bed(not dreaming) and asleep. i sat in bed what seemed like limbo and just wanted to wake up. i concentrated really hard in waking up.what happened next was strange. i actually dreapt i woke up. it was so real. i dreapt i woke up and walking across the house in to my parents bedroom to sleep in my usual spot under their desk(haha i was a kid back then). anyway, after lying under the desk for a minute, i realized something. i was still asleep. i just dreapt that i woke up. that was a trip.