xisto Community
weeweeboy

Make My Scar Disappear.. Any Suggestions?

Hi,I recently, had an accident playing football and end up with eleven stitches on my forehead. The Doctor told me there will be a scar after it heal. I have research and heard people using Neosporin Scar Solution and Mederma. I was wondering which product work best? and any other products or methods out there that will help too. Thanks for Advance...

Aloe Vera works well as a scar reduction method. Simply 'snap off' a chunk and rub the open part of the plant stem/stalk on the wound will speed up the recovery process and it greatly assists in reducing the scar tissue.Even if you end up with some scar tissue, it isn't a big deal to proudly wear your battle scars... consider it a conversation starter...

I have a small tattoo shop that I invest in, and I've heard something called skin bleaching. Skin bleaching isn't new or something dangerous--I was told that Adult Entertainment Industries use this method for something else but for this topic purpose it's to reduce discoloration of scar tissue. And it's certainly not like the method used by our beloved Michael Jackson (sarcasm :o). You will always have a scar. It's the matter of how visible it would remain. Skin bleaching might help to make your scar less visible...

Rubbing the oils in Vitamin E may help quite a bit. (Slice a pill in half on a plate, take a cotton swab and dab the effected area with the oils.)It worked for me when I had stitches as well.That skin won't be totally healed though. Scar tissue is quite a bit thicker than normal skin tissue. You can reduce the size and redness by things like Vitamin E, or Aloe Vera.

a have flea bites on my legs which left a some ten or twenty dark spots that wont go away,I tried using some whitening cream even (contratubex)it didnt work though...Its been long like three years and the dark spots is still visible..What to do?

wound open up after stitches removed?Make My Scar Disappear.. Any Suggestions?

To G)koy, I used to have many mini-scars (mosquite bites & fall) on my legs but it faded after years (like 4 years?) you need time. And continue applying whitening creams.

I've a question here. Will the wound open after stitches areRemoved? I've 5 stitches on my forearm, doctor removed stitches 5 daysAfter stitched.

When the assistant nurse removed the stitches, I saw the wound openUp. But the nurse just carried on disinfecting my wound and bandagedIt. And told me to remove bandage 3 days later.

When I removed the bandage, my wound was still bleeding a little..:( and producing yellow fluid

Is it common for wound to open up after stitches removed?

-reply by Gigi

Re: wound open up after stitches removed?Make My Scar Disappear.. Any Suggestions?

Dear Gigi,

Wound might not be fully healed when stitches are removed, but bleeding and yellow discharge (especially if it has bad odor) can be a sign of infection. You have to check with your doctor.

-reply by Dr. Noha