xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

Ghosts Of The London Tube Amazing to see what is down there, some scary stuff

I saw that last some and honest I had a laugh of it, but if you want something scary? Try living in a house a friend of mine lived in when he was growing up. Was in Vicksburg Ms, and the house was used as a hospital during the war between the states. We would sometimes go down into the basement and it had a dirt floor. digging around we would find old peices of bone or a tooth or 2. Now that's one house I would Never live in if you paid me.

I saw that last some and honest I had a laugh of it, but if you want something scary? Try living in a house a friend of mine lived in when he was growing up. Was in Vicksburg Ms, and the house was used as a hospital during the war between the states. We would sometimes go down into the basement and it had a dirt floor. digging around we would find old peices of bone or a tooth or 2. Now that's one house I would Never live in if you paid me.

I'll agree with you on that.

It's not even about ghosts or people coming back from the dead, it would just be flat out awkward.

It's like when I think about how some of our houses could be planted on top of what used to be graveyards or something(our house's land, pretty far under it, used to be a landfill...We can dig up bags of trash and stuff,lol) it just makes me shiver.

Honestly, I would not be able to sleep in a house where I found body parts or anything either. I have a hard enough time thinking about moving into a house where someone died.

I think it's more of the "I could be next" thing than anything, or the lack of knowing *how* they died.

Honestly, I think that is what makes people think there are ghosts. They already have the fear, and so they let themselves see things that aren't there, in order to make sense of the unknown. It's like the old saying..."People fear that which they do not know."

That video youtbue is really scary. Personally I've never seen any ghosts or had any experiences similar but I've had so many friends who swear that they have. I don't really know what to believe, whether it's their imagination or whether ghosts are actually real. :P

That video youtbue is really scary. Personally I've never seen any ghosts or had any experiences similar but I've had so many friends who swear that they have. I don't really know what to believe, whether it's their imagination or whether ghosts are actually real. :P

It's their imaginations.

An easy way to explain it is schizophrenic people. They can "see" the aliens in their room, shooting at them or trying to kill them. They will freak out completely, and some of them kill themselves trying to escape the aliens, or other bad people that don't even exist.

So it's pretty obvious that the mind can play games on us that make things seem like reality when they really aren't.

Keep in mind that what you hear, see, feel, touch, and smell is all told to you by your brain. You can change those senses, you can fake them, etc. If your brain wants to make you think something is there, you will think it.

That's when you have to really determine whether you want to believe your false senses or instead take control of them, rather than let them control you.

Now this is a subject that I am undecided on. I want to believe, not only because it would be pretty cool to know that all those people who said "Ghosts are a figament of the imagination", were wrong, but also just to know that something happens after death. On the other hand I am Atheist and I really do not believe in a lot of this "poppycock". The fact remains that in some cultures it is common to honorr spirits etc. I have made up an explenation for why people think there MUST be an afterlife, it is hard to admit to yourself that something or someone is gone, you want to think up another explenation for it. It is a simple human tendency, we want to understand how and why everything works in the way it does.While ghosts as such may not be real, even scientists have not doubted that something in the "paranormakl" is not entirely out of the question. In fact I was listening to the radio yesterday and some UK scientists have said that FM radio waves are the radio waves that are most likely going to be able to beam into space because of the clarity... Who knows, maybe there is something out there, but I doubt that it is ghosts.

Now this is a subject that I am undecided on. I want to believe, not only because it would be pretty cool to know that all those people who said "Ghosts are a figament of the imagination", were wrong, but also just to know that something happens after death. On the other hand I am Atheist and I really do not believe in a lot of this "poppycock". The fact remains that in some cultures it is common to honorr spirits etc. I have made up an explenation for why people think there MUST be an afterlife, it is hard to admit to yourself that something or someone is gone, you want to think up another explenation for it. It is a simple human tendency, we want to understand how and why everything works in the way it does.
While ghosts as such may not be real, even scientists have not doubted that something in the "paranormakl" is not entirely out of the question. In fact I was listening to the radio yesterday and some UK scientists have said that FM radio waves are the radio waves that are most likely going to be able to beam into space because of the clarity... Who knows, maybe there is something out there, but I doubt that it is ghosts.

I'm not atheist, and I believe that there are spirits here, just not seeable.

About the radio waves...You know....That brings up a very interesting, yet possible theory I have now.

Being that most of us(?) don't understand how radio waves work anyways, who is to say that those who are "seeing" and "hearing" ghosts aren't just because someone is messing around with sound waves and light waves?

I mean we can already use sound waves to detect issues in bones, we can use various wavelengths to broadcast pictures and stuff as well.

So is it not possible that what is happening is someone(people) have learned how to create visible pictures using them? If you notice, they *always* say they can feel the electric current, when there is a "ghost." The electric current that they feel could be caused by the sound waves. I mean, we don't know what sound waves feel like anyways.

Just a thought. Could explain it, may not. But it's a lot better than the whole "there's dead people who talk to me. I can see them!" lol...