xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iibbssee

Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Setup Already running

Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Few years ago, I used free trial and downloaded adobe Photoshop cs3 for to test it, after it expired the free trail I simply uninstall it and now after few years passed I want it to try it again, not only that had little home photo fixing job to do, and now every time I try to install it; it simply don't come up at first.

The installation WINDOW won't come up, and then when I click again and said... (opens box and it says; Setup Already running� you can only install one Adobe Product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop cs3) is there a way for me install it? What is the problem? When I go to add and remove it shows that I have Adobe Photoshop cs3 in there and three *Adobe setup* inside. I tried everything you name it, didn�t work?

-reply by Sean

Try to remove the Photoshop entries from the REGISTRY manually. This is a common problem with Adobe products. I've faced it a lot.

If you need help on how to do it. Do reply

i tried to get a trial version of Adobe Photoshop cs3, it installed and everything but then when i went to go try the free trial it said it was invalid and i was like... uhmm what? and i got all confused and everything. cause it wouldn't let me do the trail version. so i just went back to Photoshop 7 its still just as good anyways :P

I had the exact same error on my pc but i upgraded my ram and it started to work, my ram previously was 512mb i upgraded it to 1024 mb , made alot of difference in speed and performance of my pc so I would advise you to upgrade your ram :)

(opens box and it says; Setup Already running... You can only install one Adobe Product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop cs3)The same reason, cannot uninstall and reinstall the product..I used the software 'total uninstall v5' but thePs cs3 files in my program files not deleted.Also I cannot use my illustrator and flashMy ram is 1.5gbDual coreXp service pack 3My ps cs3 is not running..Even all of my cs3 setups.I already tried to delete the entries in the regeditIn the user and in the machine,I deleted the ps folderAnd restart my laptopThen I try to run the setup againAnd it says Setup Already running.Help anyone-reply by mike

Solution to CS3 install on Vista home premiumCannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

This may be of interest to PhotoshopUsers...1] Install Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290301[2] Run the CS3Clean script from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the [undocumented] level 4 cleanup. This removes ALL AdobeApplications.[3] Turn on User Account Control - may not be necessary, but it is for AdobeReader![4] Copy the Adobe CS3 folder to your HD, right-click Setup and select RunAs Administrator-reply by kelly

Cannot Install Photoshop CS3Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

I had an image that I used to install the program.  It was slow going through the ISO and took several tries.  Since that time, I copied the Install files to a thumb drive and simply run the Setup.Exe.

Now, this is for the entire CS3 Master Suite Collection.  I have Vista Home Premium.  Also, instaled this on several XP systems, with on hitch. 

Unfortunately, it sounds like you downloaded the software and...It may be corrupted/incomplete. I would ask for a refund or insist they send the hard copy at no additional charge.  Short of their cooperation...You could have your credit card/bank card reinburse you for the defective product (my bank card provides this coverage to me automatically).

Do to your integrity in purchasing a legit copy...I will make a thumb copy available for you for a song. Let me know.

-reply by Pantera

You need good hardware requirement to install an application Adobe Photoshop CS3 and also buy a valid legitimate version of Adobe Photoshop CS3.Then only you can install photoshop successfully.There is an activation of your product through telephone or internet.You can register it and receive their offers.

I have a legit copy of Cs3 but my CD drive is broken, how do I install from thumbdrive?Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Hello All (especially Pantera),

I have a legit copy of CS3 for my computer but my CD drive is broken.  I used another computer to copy the contents of the installation disk to a thumb drive and tried to run it off there, but it asks me to insert the installation disk. 

How do I let the installation program know that the contents are on the thumb and not on the disc?

THANK YOU!

Alex

-reply by Alex

Hi,
I have been trying to install adobe photoshop cs3 for a little over a week now. The problem is when I'm installing at the end it says it has successfully installed shared components, but has failed to install photoshop cs3 and shared components.

This is really annoying because nothing that I have found on the internet helps. Other people have had the same problem, but thats because they have installed beta versions, which I didn't install! I have tried the CS3 clean-up tool from adobe - that doesn't help either!

The only other adobe/macromedia products that I have installed on my computer are Flash/Dreamweaver/Fireworks 8 - and acrobat reader 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you tell us the error message code or smply upload the install log?

You have to delete all the adobe folders, make you check your utilities folder in your applications tab(mac osx)for windows users...Get a mac

-reply by Edward McDonald

It works if you install the WHOLE thingCannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Hello, I was having the same issue. I don't needed the whole package, I only needed Photoshop and Indesign. Anyways everytime at the end of the setup came the same thing: " successfully installed shared components, but has failed to install photoshop cs3 and shared components" . I had to install the whole thing, even if I didnt need it, and then was not a problem. I think afterwards you can uninstall what you don't need, but it is not funny to wait so long until the **** is installed and then uninstall the things you don't need, not to say that is leaving the registry and Hard Disk full of ****, cause it is not the same to install 4,5 GB as to install 16,5 GB. I hope the people from Adobe can solve the issue.

Still, if you have Indesign CS3 you can not open a CS2 file, and then you need the 2 damn versions to work if you have diferent CS2-CS? formats. I was finding that so stupid I really wanted to kill personally the developers.

-reply by Omar

my brother has adobe cs3 and i wanted it so he made me a copy,ive got the disc and ive inserted it into my imac BUT i dont know how too install it? and the install page wont open?! can someone help??