xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iibbssee

Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Hi,I have been trying to install adobe photoshop cs3 for a little over a week now. The problem is when I'm installing at the end it says it has successfully installed shared components, but has failed to install photoshop cs3 and shared components.This is really annoying because nothing that I have found on the internet helps. Other people have had the same problem, but thats because they have installed beta versions, which I didn't install! I have tried the CS3 clean-up tool from adobe - that doesn't help either!The only other adobe/macromedia products that I have installed on my computer are Flash/Dreamweaver/Fireworks 8 - and acrobat reader 7.Any help would be greatly appreciated

what are your system specs to your computer, because it could be that your don't have enough space on your hard drive or the fact either your CD is bad or if you bought it through the website the installation could be bad as well.

i tried to get a trial version of Adobe Photoshop cs3, it installed and everything but then when i went to go try the free trial it said it was invalid and i was like... uhmm what? and i got all confused and everything. cause it wouldn't let me do the trail version. so i just went back to Photoshop 7 its still just as good anyways :)

I know with CS3 versions of programs you seem to need quite a high pc spec to use.. but 1) dont think u hve a bad pc and 2) that it wouldn't let u install it at all... i'm stumpped... the only thing could suggest is re-install windows. when i had a problem installing itunes it worked for me.

Well you need to have at last 1GB of RAM, and 5-10GB of space to give it a buffer zone for anything else, of course your computer could be incompatible completely but I think its a space issue. Yeah I had trail version issues as well with photopshop CS3 as well, but I fixed that rather quickly when I bought one of the packages a couple of weeks ago.

well i have 2gb ram and about 90 gb free on my hard drive so i don't really see whats the problem. and my laptop is fairly new! so o.o i don't see why i would be getting problems like this x.x oh well :) i'll just stick with Photoshop 7. its pretty much the same thing o.o; just an older version.

I'm running adobe Ps CS3 on 512MB ram it must be something else. It runs ok on my mac too. Much better then I would exepct for so little memory.

I dont think there's an issue installing CS3 on a 512MB ram computer...
There is something wrong with the serial... The copy of CS3 is corruped (this may be another reason).

i'll just stick with Photoshop 7. its pretty much the same thing o.o; just an older version.

Well... I agree with the fact that you can do anything is photoshop 7 but, the scratch disk space taken when using photoshop 7 is much greater than of CS2! I couldn't believe that. But the Photoshop 7 is better in using RAM.

I still use Photoshop CS2. And I love it!

Alen

That adobe clean out program that is supposed to get rid of all the adobe files.... it tends to leave some behind.... look for them in the common files folder under your programs directory.

My Own Problems with CS3

Replying to iibbssee

First, I had no fonts and had to reinstall them. Now I can't print at all or save as a PDF. When I open the print dialog box, I have no option buttons. This is bizarre and extremely frustrating. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it.

-reply by lire1996

Setup Already running problems need help...

Few years ago, I used free trial and downloaded adobe Photoshop cs3 for to test it, after it expired the free trail I simply uninstall it and now after few years passed I want it to try it again, not only that had little home photo fixing job to do, and now every time I try to install it; it simply don't come up at first.

The installation WINDOW won't come up, and then when I click again and said... (opens box and it says; Setup Already running� you can only install one Adobe Product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop cs3) is there a way for me install it? What is the problem? When I go to add and remove it shows that I have Adobe Photoshop cs3 in there and three *Adobe setup* inside. I tried everything you name it, didn�t work?

-question by Sean

Setup Already running

Few years ago, I used free trial and downloaded adobe Photoshop cs3 for to test it, after it expired the free trail I simply uninstall it and now after few years passed I want it to try it again, not only that had little home photo fixing job to do, and now every time I try to install it; it simply don't come up at first.

The installation WINDOW won't come up, and then when I click again and said... (opens box and it says; Setup Already running� you can only install one Adobe Product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop cs3) is there a way for me install it? What is the problem? When I go to add and remove it shows that I have Adobe Photoshop cs3 in there and three *Adobe setup* inside. I tried everything you name it, didn�t work?

-reply by Sean

It could be because of your operating system is not compatible with it. Or maybe your OS is 64 bit? Try getting CS4 and see if it works, or CS2. If they do not work, then it probably is your OS fault.

Hi,
I have been trying to install adobe photoshop cs3 for a little over a week now. The problem is when I'm installing at the end it says it has successfully installed shared components, but has failed to install photoshop cs3 and shared components.

This is really annoying because nothing that I have found on the internet helps. Other people have had the same problem, but thats because they have installed beta versions, which I didn't install! I have tried the CS3 clean-up tool from adobe - that doesn't help either!

The only other adobe/macromedia products that I have installed on my computer are Flash/Dreamweaver/Fireworks 8 - and acrobat reader 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Problem could be with the registry entries.
Photoshop does some fixes on the Registry before installation. Now if it gets stuck it tries to roll back. You may have a scratched CD and thus the installation might have rolled back. Now, If you try to install again and if the registry entries were not removed, installer will assume you have a proper installation and wont install the components again.

This has happened to me with lots of games :)

NEways.. the best solution is > Manually search through registry for Photoshop entries and delete them. Make sure you are deleting it for the Adobe Photoshop CS3 (and not anything else like other Photoshop file supporting softwares eg. Irfan View )

when you are done. Restart your pc and then try to reinstall.

If you can, I would say try to copy the CD (make an Iso) and then run installation from there. It will make sure you are running from a proper installation without CRC errors.