xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iibbssee

Zune Ii, Is This Gonna Be An Ipod Killer?

Many people have been disappointed with the Zune- Microsoft's attempt at developing an iPod killer media playing machine. I don't know too much about media players, but you would think that if it has wifi capabilities, it should be able to go online. Well, the MS Zune lets you preview other people's music, which you would then have to buy. I guess that the idea has some merit, but come on? I digress.Does anyone think that the Zune will outsell the ipod this holiday season? Some people seem to think so. With a price tag of $100 in some popular electronics stores for a pre-ordered version of the 2nd generation Zune, who knows that's in store for us this holidays. I would say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat out the ipod, but ipod is competing against itself and transitioning to the iphone-like technology in their newest ipod touch player.To try to rival the ipod nano, there's the sportier flash zune, which doesn't have the hard drive like other players, but is very good for music and a small amount of video.ipod killer? What do you guys think?

well they both play mp3's and the only good thing about zune is the fact that you can share and swap music with people which is really nice! but ipods are still really expensive but i guess its the same with zune :) even though i like zune better but i'm not a big apple fan so i guess i'd go for zune and say it could be the ipod killer! :)

I had a simular idea for a media player which if you wanted a song you could download it wherever you are using WAP and you'd top it up like a phone except it would all be for music. bit like an iphone but my idea came first

If the Zune changed software a bit (the music player/sync) to where it would have more of the Itunes overview, rather than a long *bottom* list it would score some points with me. I would atleast have it genre/album/artist selection, rather than "Scroll scroll scroll" :) Otherwise I think the Zune itself is great, free radio (no dumb upgrades or post purchase Items to buy), same amount of space, and the ability to view videos (they should expand it's file limitations though, or include a converter in the software).I they could do that, THAN Zune would very well whip Ipod into the dark ages.

It's funny though but I been hearing a lot of stories about zune being the Ipod killer, and from I read in various websites that Zune flopped more then a fish out of water. So I highly doubt Zune would be doing any better that it has the previous years, plus those zune players are expensive you could get a Ipod that has more for less the price, and so in in a way zune killed itself with the price tag they have.

I don't really care what, but I hope something comes along and challenges the IPod's reign over the MP3 Player market. Competition always spawns better products, and the IPods been sitting prim and proper on its' throne for far too long.

It's funny though but I been hearing a lot of stories about zune being the Ipod killer, and from I read in various websites that Zune flopped more then a fish out of water. So I highly doubt Zune would be doing any better that it has the previous years, plus those zune players are expensive you could get a Ipod that has more for less the price, and so in in a way zune killed itself with the price tag they have.

It is true, the only great success Microsoft has had in the business has been with Xbox Live; they should have some of them work on it. O get and use customer input; Like what I said before, the zune and it's hardware are great, and the hardware based software works great, I've never heard of errors or experienced errors in it, but the whole computer-side software requires alot of updated in which older PC's can't handle, much unlike Itunes, which I've never heard of a reasonable problem in working parts, and it's a lot less tiring to use, so more people use it, and not having an Ipod doesn't matter (I use Itunes to listen to music, and Zune to update)

I know the Zune line will never be able to compete with iPods; the public has been brainwashed to think that the only music players that exist are iPods. As a result, add-on products for iPods are beyond number, and I don't think that Apple will ever lose it's top spot in the MP3 player market.However, I have always had some beef against iPods. The biggest thing I have against it is the price. The price for any type of iPod at any capacity is always beatable by another high quality brand, such as Samsung. Speaking of Samsung, their Sansa line is quite to my liking. While I haven't personally owned one, I have used a few, and I really like their interface (and their prices!). Another thing I have a problem with is probably my own fault: I don't like to be a conformist when a product or service has such a ridiculous monopoly over the market. I could go on for a lot longer, but I'll finish by saying that I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am NOT OK with a company taking away my rights and telling me how I'm going to use something that I buy. This is the feeling I get with iPods, iTunes, and the music purchased there, and I'm not alright with the way Apple feels like they own you once you start using their products.

I know the Zune line will never be able to compete with iPods; the public has been brainwashed to think that the only music players that exist are iPods. As a result, add-on products for iPods are beyond number, and I don't think that Apple will ever lose it's top spot in the MP3 player market.
However, I have always had some beef against iPods. The biggest thing I have against it is the price. The price for any type of iPod at any capacity is always beatable by another high quality brand, such as Samsung. Speaking of Samsung, their Sansa line is quite to my liking. While I haven't personally owned one, I have used a few, and I really like their interface (and their prices!). Another thing I have a problem with is probably my own fault: I don't like to be a conformist when a product or service has such a ridiculous monopoly over the market. I could go on for a lot longer, but I'll finish by saying that I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am NOT OK with a company taking away my rights and telling me how I'm going to use something that I buy. This is the feeling I get with iPods, iTunes, and the music purchased there, and I'm not alright with the way Apple feels like they own you once you start using their products.

Here in my country indonesia, we never heard about Zune. On the other side, iPhone is very popular.
So i dont think ZUne will replace the iPod popularity.
iPod still good and quiet simple to use.

Many people have been disappointed with the Zune- Microsoft's attempt at developing an iPod killer media playing machine. I don't know too much about media players, but you would think that if it has wifi capabilities, it should be able to go online. Well, the MS Zune lets you preview other people's music, which you would then have to buy. I guess that the idea has some merit, but come on? I digress.
Does anyone think that the Zune will outsell the ipod this holiday season? Some people seem to think so. With a price tag of $100 in some popular electronics stores for a pre-ordered version of the 2nd generation Zune, who knows that's in store for us this holidays. I would say that it's going to be tough for anyone to beat out the ipod, but ipod is competing against itself and transitioning to the iphone-like technology in their newest ipod touch player.

To try to rival the ipod nano, there's the sportier flash zune, which doesn't have the hard drive like other players, but is very good for music and a small amount of video.
ipod killer? What do you guys think?

I'm actually going to buy the zune. I like the fact that you can swap/share music , as well as video's. It'll rival the Ipod , Just like The xbox rivalled playstation. But I doubt it'll kill it. Ipod still has massive roots all around the world that will take a long time to pull up. The Zune can't really evolve from what it is now much anyway , A bit like the XboX

washing machine

Zune Ii, Is This Gonna Be An Ipod Killer?

I just found my zune in the dryer a few days ago. That means that it had been in the washing machine first. :( so do you think I have a chance if I let it dry out? or should I just give up and get somthing else?

Please email me

Cropper9355@gmail.Com

-reply by chris

I prefer the Microsoft Zune over any Ipod.My friend had an 80gb Zune which first off cost a lot less then the 80gb Ipod, anyway, his zune fell out of his pocket and it landed in a pile of snow, after going home and realizing he didnt have his zune we went back to where he was screwing around. Come to find out that his Zune was actually frozen, as in there was a layer of ice covering the whole thing. He took his Zune home and thawed out and it still worked. Recently my same friend upgraded to the 120gb Zune, which i must say looks awesome with its flat black color. The new Zune along with the new version (3.0) is amazing and now the Zune does just as much as peoples Ipods. The new Zune software has games, a clock, and it can now connect to the Zune Marketplace so you can download music.I have a 30gb Zune and thanks to the fact that you can just update i have the same things an Ipod has, except i like mine betterI prefer Zune