xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

We Had A Gun Scare At School Today.

Well, I'm not going to disclose the name of my school or the town it's located in, for those of you who already know, more power to you. And for those of you who don't know, I'm terribly sorry.Anyway (edit), we had to go into lock down (edit) today, for two hours and fifteen minutes. We were held after the dismissal bell for a class and after the bell to go home.What happened is a kid brought a remote control race car controller to school. No big deal right?Wrong.He was joking around about having a gun.And if you looked at the controller at a glance, it really did look like a gun.They had to search EVERY SINGLE room for this kid. He was described as a Caucasian (edit) male with a light blue polo and khaki (edit) shorts on. No middle schooler in the middle of America would wear that to school in his right mind, right?Wrong again.At our school, we have this thing called standardized (edit) dress. It's essentially (edit) uniforms, but the people who are in charge of the school district don't call it that so they don't have to buy the poor people clothes. It was rather ironic because I was trying to convince my algebra teacher that uniforms were a bad idea. . . for a reason JUST LIKE THIS.Well, just to give you an idea of what trying to find this kid was like, our school district is a AAAA (four-A), the second largest ranking a school district can be. Our middle school however is a CCC (three-C) which is the largest ranking a middle school can get.We have roughly 850 kids in our middle school. So try finding that kid in a class.Yeah. Well, I was in one of my favorite classes. But the teacher started to get stressed out. . . and he's not on his meds. :)So today was rather interesting. . .yeah (edit).And just to clear up any confusion, WE DID NOT HAVE A GUN AT ALL!!What a waste of two hours and fifteen minutes :) at least nobody was hurt :P

Edited by jlhaslip
http://www.trap17.com/forums/proper-english-within-posts-t55005.html (see edit history)

I think all schools in USA should have one security guard with a gun to deal with people who bring them to school. That way if someone goes on a killing spree atleast you have someone to fight back and hold them off until the cops arrive. It may even save a few lives instead of the crazy person being able to roam around freely and kill people till the cops arrive and he kills himself.

well that kid definitely got in trouble. in my old middle school we had a bomb scare lol some dumb 8th grader wrote on a stall in the girls bath room that she was going to "bomb the school" and it was in side a classroom. and we went into lock down lmao! when i was little i was like... are you serious? why are we in a school with a bomb! lol makes me laugh to this day but gun threats and bomb threats are no laughing matter because it really has happened and people have died because of it. So just becareful and stay safe!

Ever Since Columbine so many kids have copy catted that event that so it tells you that the parents are failing at their jobs at being parents by not finding ouy whats going on with their child. Of course part of the blam goes to the faculty for not being more aware of trouble students or student getting into trouble a lot, because all a student has to do to take care of a problem is kill as many people as possible before putting a bullet inside themselves. However, 90% of the blame goes to these stupid who think that in order to feel good about themselves is bring other people down, form these clique's and gangs and stuff. To think that these kids who do all these crap will be running the world one day, but in order for them to get a reality check something bad has to happen; hell you think with all the school shootings that have been going on for the last 10 years kids would smarten up and get over themselves, but when you have shows on MTV like Sweet 16 showing spoiled brats on their birthday's and all these Hollywood stuff just doesn't make it easier for them. I am glad I am out of high school but scared because now I have a niece and nephew who will have to deal with this crap one day, but luckily for them I be making sure they stay the straight path like their uncle.

Ohh, unlucky all of that time was wasted. It confuses me how easily americans can get guns. If there were stricter laws on guns then this sort of thing probably would not happen.

Ohh, unlucky all of that time was wasted.
It confuses me how easily americans can get guns. If there were stricter laws on guns then this sort of thing probably would not happen.

Well, I hate to use that old saying but, here goes...."When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."
I only hope that we can retain the right to keep and bear arms. More laws are not the answer. When has passing a law ever helped? We have laws against murder, theft, rape, spitting on the sidewalk, crossing the street if you are not in a cross walk, selling drugs, taking drugs, driving too fast, beating somebody up, yet all of these things go on and on and on.

this one of the best tool for a student to skip class.i know that some students do this when there's a really big test that they still don't want to take they just call the school and tell them there's a bomb in there.the school has no choice but to stop everything and protect the students. personally, i would like to use this one because i'm going back to school but if i'm really that desperate.i know it is wrong to this one but every one of us has a little man inside us that is saying "FIGHT THE POWER!" :lol:

I think all schools in USA should have one security guard with a gun to deal with people who bring them to school. That way if someone goes on a killing spree atleast you have someone to fight back and hold them off until the cops arrive. It may even save a few lives instead of the crazy person being able to roam around freely and kill people till the cops arrive and he kills himself.

Well what if a bunch of kids decide to go and "Jump" that ONE Security guard? What would happen then? Gun gets stolen kids go on rampage and we have another Virginia Tech on our hands! Public School's aren't Safe Anymore! Thank god i go to a Private school...

We've only had practice Lock downs at our school. The last one we had was a year ago and it was in the ART room which is twice as large as a normal sized classroom. Anyway, we heard the lock down bell and went under the desks as normal but today the Headmaster is coming to check whether we can do it properly. We are under the decks for about two minutes when we see a shadow (of the Headmaster) but the class clown had to yell out "Its a terrorist.......Hes going to kill you all, seeya everyone" The fact is that the ART Teacher and Headmaster heard him and he gets a nice Detention. He told us that we had all failed because of one person which is true because one person can make the difference between life and death.Cheers,ausbus

Well, I'm not going to disclose the name of my school or the town it's located in, for those of you who already know, more power to you. And for those of you who don't know, I'm terribly sorry.
Anyway (edit), we had to go into lock down (edit) today, for two hours and fifteen minutes. We were held after the dismissal bell for a class and after the bell to go home.

What happened is a kid brought a remote control race car controller to school. No big deal right?

Wrong.

He was joking around about having a gun.

And if you looked at the controller at a glance, it really did look like a gun.

They had to search EVERY SINGLE room for this kid. He was described as a Caucasian (edit) male with a light blue polo and khaki (edit) shorts on. No middle schooler in the middle of America would wear that to school in his right mind, right?

Wrong again.

At our school, we have this thing called standardized (edit) dress. It's essentially (edit) uniforms, but the people who are in charge of the school district don't call it that so they don't have to buy the poor people clothes. It was rather ironic because I was trying to convince my algebra teacher that uniforms were a bad idea. . . for a reason JUST LIKE THIS.

Well, just to give you an idea of what trying to find this kid was like, our school district is a AAAA (four-A), the second largest ranking a school district can be. Our middle school however is a CCC (three-C) which is the largest ranking a middle school can get.

We have roughly 850 kids in our middle school. So try finding that kid in a class.

Yeah.

Well, I was in one of my favorite classes. But the teacher started to get stressed out. . . and he's not on his meds. ;)

So today was rather interesting. . .

yeah (edit).

And just to clear up any confusion, WE DID NOT HAVE A GUN AT ALL!!

What a waste of two hours and fifteen minutes :) at least nobody was hurt ;)

This is so bad. This culture is spreading in so many parts of the world. I am in India and the number of cases where this is happening is lot more than the past decade. Definitely this is very bad in all senses. Governments and institutions should take responsibility in preventing this. Values has to be inculcated to students.

Seriously? Think about this, Violence only begets more violence, Hostility breeds hostility. Although the state of society is such that it is dangerous to go to school in some area's, posting an armed S/O in EVERY school would be a horrid idea.

Think about this: The S/O is chatting it up, or is otherwise distracted, and lil Johnny is having the worst day of his life. Lil Johnny decides that he wants to bring a gun to school, but he cant get it past the metal detectors right? He walks up behind the S/O and because lil Johnny is a good boy, noone cares to think that there is a problem, Johnny takes the S/O's weapon and starts to "seek his revenge".

Point being, if our ultimate goal is to prevent weapon related violence in schools, Why have a firearm inside? It just seems hypocritical to me, but thats just my opinion.

Secondly, how do u think the posh, private schools are gonna feel if they've got an armed officer there at all times? Im sure the parents would just absolutley love it... Dont you?

Schools are safe havens... or at least I never had the feeling that I was going to be killed on a school day when I went to school.Back in elementary school in Honolulu, HI, we did have security guards, but for the reason of breaking up fights and to discourage any misconduct. These guys were 300-lb Samoans... you didn't want to cause any trouble around those guys unless you WANTED to be manhandled. ;) I would NOT recommend throwing in armed security guards in any school. Just the act of doing so makes us as a society succumb to the possibilities of our own people terrorizing our way of life. It's stupid. We should not have to worry about this kind of crap at all.On the same token, to prevent any occurrences, I would put into effect a law that any bomb scares or threats about bring in weapons to a school should be punished by expulsion from the school and/or a heavy fine to discourage such behavior. Also, in the case of an actual school shooting, teachers and staff should be trained to react accordingly to such situations: either remain calm and comply to demands, or know how to seek shelter, assist, and escape.It's so retarded that we have to even worry about this crap. Get along with people, get to know them, and if someone's acting distant, seek help for them. Help your fellow man... don't fear him.

Down here in Australia, they havent gone to the extremes of hiring security guards and/or having metal detectors in the school as yet. But police patrols around the area are often, although not frequently. But yes, if someone does bring a toy gun and decides to play around and/or joke around with it, it does tend to be taken seriously. There has been a notable incident in my local school where a person brought a toy gun to a drama class, decided to play and joke around in the area and got the school in complete lockdown until the person who brought the gun had to explain to the police that it was only a "toy" gun brought for the drama class.

Wow... Thats bad... kids with guns - even fake ones.I think that having armed guards, and metal detectors in a school, is going way to far; If there is need for that, then things are going wrong - very badly. And I know they are necesary in some places, but surely it would be better focusing on stopping people bringng guns to school in the first place, than trying to stop them getting inside with them.