xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

The Woman Who Portrayed As Mona Lisa Is Revealed

Although I was somewhat aware of the mystery behind the worlds most famous painting, I didn't give much thought to it though since A someone was going to figure it out, or B someone wasn't. However, A came true and German academics believe they have finally found the woman or rather her name of the woman who grace the world with a perfect smile, or for you Da Vinci Nuts the somewhat off smile if you measure it, I think it was 1/3" lower on the left side. Her name is Lisa del Giocondo a wife of a merchant is all they know about from many documents and books discussing about the woman and the time line that places her during which Leonardo painted this picture.

Posted Image

SOURCE

Maybe she does have eyebrows but they're just really far down? Nah, I'm pretty sure that's just that shadows. Maybe eyebrows weren't considered attractive back in the day. Whatever, if you look at her a while you realize she really isn't very attractive at all. :)

it isn't much of a revelation really, as the painting has been long known as MONA LISA and LA GIOCONDA. :)

Well I have actually heard that Leonardo da Vinci used himself as a model when he was painting, and it seems like they have wondered if that may be true?

But art historians have often wondered whether the smiling woman may actually have been da Vinci's lover, his mother or the artist himself.

I know that that article shows that they think they have finally found the woman who was the model, but I don't really know if they ever can be sure about that, right? But if this is true, I will rather believe them.

eyebrowsThe Woman Who Portrayed As Mona Lisa Is Revealed

She actually didn't have eyebrows. Back in the day they were very ugly and women concidered it a fashion statement to shave them off.

-reply by Chelsea

eyebrowsThe Woman Who Portrayed As Mona Lisa Is Revealed

she actually shaved them off. Back in the day they were very ugly. And the women took it as a fashion statement to shave  them off.

-reply by Chelsea