xisto Community
KansukeKojima

Internet Explorer Sucks Yeah, I said it.

No, actually Google Chrome is rubbish aswell. I think Mozilla Firefox is the best browser to use. Firefox has a new version out now aswell, 3.0.9 I think it is? They may have fixed some crash bugs. :P

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

I prefer Firefox over Internet Explorer any day. I have been using Firefox for years now and when I first switched to it, I was amazed at how much better it was than Internet Explorer. It had so many more features than Internet Explorer back then, and even though Internet Explorer has been catching up by adding tabbed browsing and such, it still doesn't even compare. I recommend Firefox to anyone who even brings the question of "What browser should I use?" up. ;)

Those who use IE either can't download the superior browser onto the computer they're on (school/work computer) or are ignorant of Firefox. Spread the word!

It may surprise you to learn that some people do actually prefer using IE to anything else, as shocking as that may be ;) My dad, for example, is baffled by anything other than IE. It's what he's used to and won't switch no matter how much you persuade him.

It had so many more features than Internet Explorer back then, and even though Internet Explorer has been catching up by adding tabbed browsing and such, it still doesn't even compare.

From my brief uses of IE recently (when I'm forced to on University PCs) they do seem to be trying to catch up in the features, but they often lack the finesse, usability and implementation that Firefox and other browsers have. Maybe it's just that I'm used to other browsers, but everything in IE seems sort of 'clunky' and forced together in a way that doesn't really work.

I prefer Firefox over Internet Explorer any day. I have been using Firefox for years now and when I first switched to it, I was amazed at how much better it was than Internet Explorer. It had so many more features than Internet Explorer back then, and even though Internet Explorer has been catching up by adding tabbed browsing and such, it still doesn't even compare. I recommend Firefox to anyone who even brings the question of "What browser should I use?" up. ;)

Same here. Still, we couldn't say that back in the 90's era, you had IE and Netscape and IE was king on the time, tho I always used IE, I started to test the beta versions of Netscape and I thought it was worse than IE, until I saw Mozilla.

If I'm not wrong, Netscape came before IE, isn't it? I don't remember exactly - saw it somewhere in a documentary. Anyway, IE was bad from the beginning and I could say that even before Firefox came onto the scene. I was always looking for a good alternative and my prayers were answered when Firefox was released ;)

Internet explorer was never my first, second or even third choice. Even back in the 'olden' days I preferred netscape, which seemed faster and the amazing lynx, which was a gift from god (I used a a dial-up for 2 years, max speed 2 kbps). Then came Opera and Firefox. These two are the best browsers at this moment, IMHO. Firefox is the undoubted champ, with the tons of add-ons but Opera, especially Opera 10 with turbo, is definitely the faster one.

Internet explorer was never my first, second or even third choice. Even back in the 'olden' days I preferred netscape, which seemed faster and the amazing lynx, which was a gift from god (I used a a dial-up for 2 years, max speed 2 kbps). Then came Opera and Firefox. These two are the best browsers at this moment, IMHO. Firefox is the undoubted champ, with the tons of add-ons but Opera, especially Opera 10 with turbo, is definitely the faster one.

While this is actually the case, keep in mind that the majority of the Internet users use Internet Explorer as their default web browser, maybe not because it's has crap functions and all that compared to other browsers like Mozillla Firefox and Lynx and Opera, but because it is kinda already defaultly set into your computer as the default browser...

As a web master, I think that it would be appropriate if you used Internet Explorer nevertheless because more than half of the visitors to your site WILL be using Internet Explorer to view your site and if you want to make sure you have at least a chance to catch that fifty percent of the visitors that manage to view your website (assuming that it doesn't work on any other browsers), you will have to make sure that they see it properly through their default web browser.... Internet Explorer.