xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Colleges In Tamilnadu Admission process

Recently one of my friends was asking me many things related to joining and getting admissions in various colleges in Tamilnadu, India. But i was clueless with respect to various procedures and processes. Then i did some research and found some things that i thought will help people in future...

So... here are some of my findings and do post yours if you know more...

How can a person apply to colleges under Anna Univ?

For a person to apply to engineering colleges under Anna univ. he should go through the counseling (Single window sys..).

Does all admissions comes under that univ?

Not all admissions comes under Anna university. Some seats are held by the colleges itself and seats are allotted by them. For these seats you have to approach the college directly...

Few best colleges in Tamilnadu

1. Anna University - (ie)- Guindy college of Engineering, Chennai

2. PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore

3. CIT, Coimbatore

4. GCT, Coimbatore

5. NIT, Trichy

The above are the top 5 colleges in Tamil Nadu.

Apart from that,

1. SSN, Chennai

2. SRM, Chennai

and few more colleges are good...

This link has all the colleges list -- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And i guess there will be no entrance exams from now on... It has been dropped and Single window system will happen based on 12th marks. If there are any updates they will let you know.

what is this Single Window System?

This single window system is what we call counseling where students will be called for admissions to colleges based on some aggregate marks. I think one needs to apply for that as well.

Is it something like students of Tamil Nadu wud be given first preference and after that remaining seats wud be given to other state students?

There is some quota and process etc for other state students... again i am not sure. But if you are applying to colleges directly, everything must be clear...

That means you have to collect the forms from either the College itself ( where i want to apply ) or Anna Univ ( for getting admission into College of engineering, Guindy or any Computer Engineering department which is directly there under that university. ) ...

What about AIEEE? Is that score not considered for admission into these colleges?

No... AIEEE won't do any good here.

How many years of gap wud they allow before joining college?

This i tried to find out so much but was unable to get anything.... Someone should help on this.

Hope i have addressed some things here...

Eligibility for anna university admission

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I am an engineering first year student. I wrote my state board exams in March 2007 and got the engineering seat through 2007 Anna University counseling. Is it possible for me to appear for Anna university counsellings again for the second time this year with my last year (March 2007) state board exam marks? I would be thankful if you clarify my doubt as your reply is very important for my future plans.

-question by Ashish

Entering into the colleges

Colleges In Tamilnadu

This is a common question to be asked...I wrote my mar-08 exam(12th) and I'am waiting 4 my results.

This time we have no entrance like TNPCE etc...How do we actually get into colleges with our total alone.

Is it that they see the overall performance I.E the total or do they see the cut off-between physics chemistry and maths...

-question by G.Ram kumar

WHEN AND WHERE WILL I CAN BUY APPLICATION FORM FOR ENGINEERING 2008?

Colleges In Tamilnadu

Hi I have written my +2 exam, I want to apply for engineering in Anna uni.

Pls tell me when and where I'll get my application form and when is the last date for submitting the same .

-reply by subash

about this course

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I am eager about this course.I want the scope for this course.I have written my +2 exam.What is the qualification for this course/.

-question by vijay

admission in anna university

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I was passed my 12th in 2006 with 77%.Am I eligible to get admission in anna university.If yes then how can I apply?

-question by himanshu shekhar

How can a student who studied abroad get admissions in the colleges of Tamil Nadu?

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I would like to know the procedures related to the admissions in the medical and engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.

-question by Shalini

what rank can i expect?

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I am from hyderabad and I have appeared for the local board exam here and I think I will get a percentage of 85%.Can I get into a good college in chennai with these marks?

-question by jagannath

regarding admission through single window system

Colleges In Tamilnadu

1. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING UNDER SINGLE WINDOW SYSTEM

2. WHERE SHOULD WE GET THE APPLICATION

3. WHICH ARE THE COLLEGES GIVING PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITES

4. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURES ADOPTED FOR GETTING ADMISSION

5. I HAVE WRITTEN MY 12 EXAM AT ANDRA WHAT WE CALL IS INTER SECOND YEAR IS THERE ANY CHANCE FOR ME TO APPLY IN ANNA UNIVERSITY

THANKS AND REGARDS,

RAGHAV.

-question by raghav

WHEN AND WHERE WILL I CAN BUY APPLICATION FORM FOR ENGINEERING 2008?

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I am complete the diploma final year where can I get the application form for engineering counciling I am in madurai which place is nearest to madurai for getting the engineering counciling form reply me immediately Please.

-question by prem kumar

-reply by premkumar

counselling question

Colleges In Tamilnadu

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have written 12th board exam in 2008 ans waiting for result. Kindly tell me the procedure for applying in counselling and on what our cut-off mark is calculated?

-reply by Narmadha

Admission for students of other states

Colleges In Tamilnadu

I have finished my +2 from kerala(palakkad),and am waiting for the results.Could anyone please tell what are all the procedures I have follow upon to get admission in engg..Colleges in tamilnadu..Preferably coimbatore

Like CIT,PSG,GCT...??????

-question by Haneesh Hamza

i want know about cunselling process?

Colleges In Tamilnadu

Please inform me the process which goes on during counselling? I am bc what is cutoff mark needed for me to join ece in any goverment collage?also for chemical engineering?

-question by nagenthiran

I am from pondicherry...Do I hav any reservation in anna university ???And wat shud my cut off be as ther is no entrance exam ????Wat are my chances in other colleges like mit and psg ??-reply by bakyapriya