xisto Community
kasm

The Christianity Is The Religion Of Peace

1. ... But it seems that every religion out there claims to be the "religion of peace". Why should Christianity be treated any differently?

That why we are in Forum. Let any one claim,then we study and response and see where is the truth.

- I started this topic when I read a posting saying Islam is religion of peace.

- That shocked me because I know the Islam and even I taught the moslems in Soviet Union when I lived there their religion.

- So I responded by this:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54456-islam-and-peace/page-2#entry367642 and I showed the verses of Koran on which the terrorist are using. One of them is The Repentance chapter (Surat At-Taubah) 29

"Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the last day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the tribute with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued"

Plus I showed there are 35213 times words "Fight, kill, war, Al-Jihad, assassinatios" were mentioned in the Kuran and Converses.

- So compare that with love enemies in Gospel and decide whose claim is right.

- Please show me any call to kill , fight or call to war in the Gospel [new testament].

4. "Don't despair on what others are doing..." so I shouldn't care if my best friend starts doing drugs?

My advice to don't despair but is not mean you don't care.

8. I don't live in America.

That why in my opinion members have to fil their profile

12. The "miracles" in my body... you mean "life", right?

Read my post : "I am scientist but I believe in God": http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?sho338&hl=kasm . There I show how 2 tiny gland in brain affect all the function of body. How when I lost them in Truma removal, I became semi disable. In future I will write many miracles in body to show that all these couldn't come by random and big bang

posts like this one are cyber-wars waiting to happen.personally, I'm not Christian, but I have had both negative and positive interactions with Christian folk, regardless, I'm sure the religion was INTENDED to instill kindness in its followers, but there are so many contradictory statements in the bible that It frustrates me to no end. I just chalk it up to mans fault for trying to quote God and using their own words to do it.

I agree on the fact that Christianity itself IS NOT a violent, mean, bad, hateful or whatever else religion. HOWEVER unfortunately as is such with anything that creates strict followers and deep ties to it there will be people who mis read the intention of the original idea. This is largely due to the fact that it creates ties to human emotion and human reasoning, both of which can be flawed and unstable.Also unfortunately bad stuff is seen more often then good stuff because it is glaring and obvious. If one person helps an old lady with her groceries and at the same time right next to them someone steals an old lady's groceries the guy who did good will be WAY overshadowed by the guy who did bad. And besides nobody seems to notice good things.Sadly all it takes is a few bad things to knock out a whole load of good and this is how Christians got where they are with people thinking they are either pedo priests, psychos (Westboro), murders (Crusaders), idiots (Bush Jr.) or racists (KKK (many churches have supported them over the years) and Obama's Pastor)I agree that God has said he prefers love over war. God does not like it when his greatest creation turns and harms their brothers (as we are all brothers in humanity)Also another problem is that people misread scripture that has been translated and is out of sync with today's society. Also most people (even "good Christians") have never fully read the bible. We hear snippets in sermons and on signs and in movies and in print but if you go and look at the full meaning it could be totally different. People also use this to their advantage to support their idea of what Christianity should be.

I agree on the fact that Christianity itself IS NOT a violent, mean, bad, hateful or whatever else religion. HOWEVER unfortunately as is such with anything that creates strict followers and deep ties to it there will be people who mis read the intention of the original idea. This is largely due to the fact that it creates ties to human emotion and human reasoning, both of which can be flawed and unstable.

Also unfortunately bad stuff is seen more often then good stuff because it is glaring and obvious. If one person helps an old lady with her groceries and at the same time right next to them someone steals an old lady's groceries the guy who did good will be WAY overshadowed by the guy who did bad. And besides nobody seems to notice good things.

Sadly all it takes is a few bad things to knock out a whole load of good and this is how Christians got where they are with people thinking they are either pedo priests, psychos (Westboro), murders (Crusaders), idiots (Bush Jr.) or racists (KKK (many churches have supported them over the years) and Obama's Pastor)

I agree that God has said he prefers love over war. God does not like it when his greatest creation turns and harms their brothers (as we are all brothers in humanity)

Also another problem is that people misread scripture that has been translated and is out of sync with today's society.

Also most people (even "good Christians") have never fully read the bible. We hear snippets in sermons and on signs and in movies and in print but if you go and look at the full meaning it could be totally different. People also use this to their advantage to support their idea of what Christianity should be.

True. All the sermons and passages that my pastor and Sunday-school teacher tell us about are either in Genesis, Exodus, Psalms, or somewhere in the New Testament. Hardly any sermons are taught about things elsewhere. Leviticus and Deuteronomy are especially avoided.

Of course Christianity is not a bad religion in and of itself. It's the people who practice it that go to extremes, like you said.

The KKK is known by many names now. They are not one consolidated group, but are all over the Internet (e.g. the Order of the White Knights) and spread out in small clumps in major U.S. cities.

Sometimes I have questions about why God wants us to worship (H)im. I mean, first, he creates us and commands us not to do things without telling is what they're bad for. (Example: Adam and Eve - they were told not to eat of the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. God only told them, "you will surely die", without telling them what was bad about eating of that tree. That seems kind of nonsensical, but, what the heck, it's Christianity.)

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

Let me ask a question. If the Christianity is the religion of peace, then why the Crusader armies had been organized?

1. When you judge Christianity, dont judge it through the behavior of people, but through what written in the Gospel and what it instruct people to do.

2. Jesus called to love all people

Christianity calls the life of complete love and to self ssacrifice.and if people follow it then no war at all.

3. Love Your Enemies:

That is the top evidence that Christianity is the religion of peace . It is the maximum of love to Love your enemies and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Do not resist an evil person." (Matt 5:38-44). .

Jesus had changed the human nature by loving the enemies

4.."turn the other cheek," Cancellation of "eye for eye" principle

This is other evidence that Christianity is the religion of peace.

Jesus asked us to constantly be in reconciliation with people, even with our enemies and said, "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.

The Gospel said: When insulted, we bless people. Some consider that is weakness, but it is the forgiveness while we are capable and sublimation of the human and bodily motives and:

5. Jesus Christ said: Do not resist the evil by evil but by love and peace

6. Jesus Christ came and made peace among people.

He first made Peace between the Jews and Gentiles, He call the Gentiles to place themselves under Gods protection, to do away with the idea of the "chosen people"; to praise both the Gentile centurion and the Canaanite woman, saying that He had not found such great faith even in Israel. (Matt 8:10; Luke 7:9).

7. Then second he reconciled the Jews with the Samaritans. He taught the parable of the good Samaritan and considered him a true neighbour.. He preached in Samaria and said to His disciples to preach to the ends of the earth: 8. Murder Begins in the Heart

9. Jesus blessed what he named "Peace Maker".

Jesus explained how you become peace maker::

- Don't hate your brother otherwise you considered a killer.

- make peace as much as possible.and

- avoid the material and worldly matters which cause disagreement among people-

- Avoid story telling and bearing criticism from one to another is one of the most important supports for peace among people.

- don't gossips if you do then you are like a person who sets fire to people

- don't plant hatred and malice among people because it destruct peace.

- if you have something good, say it, otherwise be quitet.

- if you hear something bad said by someone about his brother, be silent as if you have heard nothing.

- if you hear of a dispute between two people, try to reconcile them and bring love back into their hearts.

- don't add more and more words and agitating expressions to the original words

- don't invents exciting stories in your own mind to be told to others

- don't reminds another of an old controversy which had been forgotten?

- Don't think that you can acquire others friendship by attacking his enemies. It is better for you to reconcile two people if you can.

10. When Peter wanted to defend Jesus and tried to kill with the sward, The Christ said: Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword shall perish by a sword as the sward makes many fights and wars, but the Christ mission was the mission of peace Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth, love will be among men and when the Christ ascended to heaven he said: I leave peace to you, my peace I give to you.

11. The wars in the old Testament

The wars in the Old Testament are not related to Christianity and were not to propagate the religion, as Judaism is closed and not a preaching religion, it was only confined to the people of Israel.. It is not related to the Christianity since Jesus change the rules.

12. What about cross crusades

Some say that if Christianity banned war what about the cross crusades

Unfortunately they considered the cross crusades in the name of the Christ, while they are not belonging in any way to the Christ.The crusade wars has not related at all to the principles of Christianity. They wanted take the Holy City of Jerusalem because they think it was in danger. Nothing in the Gospel or Jesus Teaching was mentioned to prepare army to breach or to fight for place.

13. What about the wars in Ireland between catholic and protestant:

The same in Ireland there is a political party named the catholic party and another political party called the protestant; those are political parties who used the religion as a pretension . Those who are using the religion for achieving political targets has no relation to religion at all. Also they don't rely on verses in the Gospel. hey acted against the Christianity teaching.

14. What about the American wars

America didn'tt go into Yugoslavia , Iraq or Afghanistan in the name of religion but for many other reasons., They are pure political wars with no relation to religion at all

What about Colonization wars by British, French and other:

They are for economic and competing objectives and were not for enforcing the Christianity. They are wrong from Christianity prospective.

15. What about WWI and WW2:

They were for economic purposes and don't related to progress Christianity and they against the Christian principles explained up.

Sorry, but religion will always be judged based on what it's followers do. And rightly so. I will never EVER EVER view Christianity as a peaceful religion. Not only is it filled with the biggest arseholes ever who seek nothing but to push their morals on to others, but most of em are war-mongering asses who are.

Pro-Life

but at the same time

Pro-War.

Peace.....and Christianity.....what a funny thought.

Let's look at the christian religion, let's start from the top. Open up your bible to a random page.

Any of the people of Israel, or of the aliens who reside in Israel, who give any of their offspring to Molech shall be put to death; the people of the land shall stone them to death. I myself will set my face against them, and will cut them off from the people, because they have given of their offspring to Molech, defiling my sanctuary and profaning my holy name. And if the people of the land should ever close their eyes to them, when they give of their offspring to Molech, and do not put them to death, I myself will set my face against them and against their family, and will cut them off from among their people, them and all who follow them in prostituting themselves to Molech.
If any turn to mediums and wizards, prostituting themselves to them, I will set my face against them, and will cut them off from the people. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you. All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father’s wife has uncovered his father’s nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. [Leviticus, chapter 20]

Oh, umm let's try a different page I bet it's just that one. OP said that it was filled with peace!

When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s and he shall go out alone. But if the slave declares, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person’, then his master shall bring him before God. He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.

Whoever strikes a person mortally shall be put to death. If it was not premeditated, but came about by an act of God, then I will appoint for you a place to which the killer may flee. But if someone wilfully attacks and kills another by treachery, you shall take the killer from my altar for execution.

Whoever strikes father or mother shall be put to death.

Whoever kidnaps a person, whether that person has been sold or is still held in possession, shall be put to death. Whoever curses father or mother shall be put to death.

When individuals quarrel and one strikes the other with a stone or fist so that the injured party, though not dead, is confined to bed, but recovers and walks around outside with the help of a staff, then the assailant shall be free of liability, except to pay for the loss of time, and to arrange for full recovery.

When a slave-owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives for a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner’s property. [Exodus, chapter 21]

The only two passages I SWEAR! OP SAID!

I desire, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument; also that the women should dress themselves modestly and decently in suitable clothing, not with their hair braided, or with gold, pearls, or expensive clothes, but with good works, as is proper for women who profess reverence for God. Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty. [1 Timothy, chapter 2]

Here's an extract from this site.

It would have to be a teacher's worst nightmare.
Imagine that you are a high school English teacher. You are standing at the front of the classroom working through the day's lesson. Perhaps you and your students are studying verb conjugation, or analyzing one of Shakespeare's plays. It is another normal day in the American education system, and you have a lot of material to cover.

Then the sound fills your classroom. Gunshots. And screaming. A gunman has entered the school and is shooting at people as he makes his way down the hallway toward your classroom.

What would you do?

If you were English teacher Neva Rogers at Red Lake high school, you would take immediate action. You would shut off the lights in the classroom. You would close and lock the classroom door. [ref] You would tell your students to crouch in a corner of the classroom to get out of harm's way. Then you would stand in the middle of the room and begin praying to God. According to student witnesses, Ms. Rogers prayed, "God be with us. God help us."

The gunman walks to Neva Rogers' classroom door and finds it locked. He shoots out the glass panel next to the door and it explodes in a shower of tiny crystalline fragments. The gunman reaches in through the hole he has created, unlocks the door and shoves it out of the way to enter the classroom. Dressed completely in black and measuring six feet tall, he is a huge, hulking apparition.

He crosses the threshold of the classroom and looks at Ms. Rogers as she prays. He is armed with a massive 12-gauge shotgun. He raises the gun with both hands so it is pointing straight at Rogers' head.

What should God do?

What do you think God should do in a situation like this? Step back for a moment and look at this from God's perspective. God is sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven. God is all-knowing, so he is certainly watching Red Lake high school as events unfold. He hears Neva Rogers' prayers, and sees the gunman pointing the shotgun at her head. Jesus has promised that God will help, and Jesus is sitting at God's right hand.

Clearly a line has been drawn. On one side of the line is pure evil -- a sixteen-year-old who is obviously insane. On the other side is a deeply devoted, 62-year-old woman of unbending faith in God. This is a showdown between good and evil if there ever was one.

Think of all of the possibilities that an all-powerful God has at his disposal. Perhaps the easiest thing would be to strike the gunman with a freak heart attack, aneurism or stroke right then and there. Hundreds of people die of heart attacks in the United States every day, so if God struck him with a heart attack it would be completely undetectable. Non-believers would chalk it up to coincidence, but God's followers would understand what really happened.

If God has a desire to be a bit more spectacular, there are other possibilities. For example, he could cause an earthquake. He could send an angel to stand between the gunman and the teacher and deflect the bullets. A meteor could crash through the ceiling, or a bolt of lightning, and strike the gunman dead. Or God could cause a police officer to burst into Ms. Rogers' classroom just at this moment and kill the gunman on the spot. There are a million things that an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving God could do to answer Neva Rogers' prayers.

The gunman looks directly at Neva Rogers with his 12-gauge shotgun pointed at her skull. He pulls the trigger. Nothing happens. There is a click, but the gun does not fire. It seems like a miracle. Surely it is the hand of God.

Unfortunately, the gunman has a backup weapon and he does not even hesitate. He pulls out a pistol. He points the pistol at Ms. Rogers' head as she prays and squeezes the trigger. The pistol performs according to its specifications. He shoots Neva Rogers three times in the head and then once in the face for good measure. She dies instantly, falling into a pool of her own blood on the floor right in front of her stunned students.

According to Time magazine, what the gunman does next is remarkable. He aims his gun at one of Ms. Rogers' students in the corner and asks, "Do you believe in God?" By doing this, the gunman recreates a scene from the shootings at Columbine. At Columbine the student answered, "Yes" to this question and was shot to death. At Red Lake the student answers, "No." The gunman spares that student's life and starts shooting other students. [ref]

A total of ten people died on that day at Red Lake before the gunman took his own life.

The last bit might not be ten million percent relative but it's very interesting.