xisto Community
lady

Islam and Peace??

bush and the america army are doing the same thing(killing people for nothing

Welcome to the world of war profiteers. Money controls the world my friend, everything.

I am a muslim and I want the whole world to understand that islam is a religion of peace.Ok, the Al-Qaida is a group of muslim terrorists but hey, not all muslims for part of that group.
I for one,and most families in my country are against terrorism.
you can't imagine how much it hurts to be judged because of other people's actions.

Racism, yellow journalism, money, propaganda, and mindsets are to blame. However, take for instance, Europe. After having lots of violence over religion, they just decided to drop it. So a typical European reading this would say "Sorry, but history has shown otherwise. Religion tends to spark violence." Now let's take another perspective, most of the world hates America, but the actions that cause them to have America are done by 1% of Americans. Therefore, they too get judged for other people's actions. I don't see this type of psychological phenomenon ever ending. Stereotypes will always exist, so you shouldn't be surprised about this in any way. In fact, don't even worry about it, you'll just end up as an anger ball if you do.

I don't understand why so much of land is wasted on building temples when we are anyways running out of land and are getting into deforestation.

*Looks around* Seems like there's more than enough here.
Lol building temples is the leading cause of deforestation? Although your mindset is obvious, why not bother to think about who really destroys the environment. Oh I don't know, maybe industrialists?

That all nations should become one in faith and all men as brothers; that the bonds of affection and unity between the sons of men should be strengthened; that diversity of religion should cease, and differences of race be annulled — what harm is there in this?

Hey, let's all have a one party government, one official religion, and let's wear swassticas! I'm sure that'll be harmless. (I do hope you see where I'm going here...)

Seriously, is it impossible that the different factions can not set aside their differences for the benefit of all mankind?

Certainly not. Unless aliens come and try do destroy the whole planet, don't expect any cooperation between so called factions. People that dislike each other are only brought together by force or a common enemy. Edited by dre (see edit history)

Hello everyone, and happy new year :) I understand and I agree with all of you that Islam is not war religion there is no such religion as war religion but if you check out troughout the histroy there are times when certain man declared and deed certain things in the name of the religion. Firstly of all I will say that crusades in holy land was such time in catholic church and I have read somewhere that they where preaching that if you kill infidel it is not sin or something similar to that. If you check out first world war I have read about cases where eligish priests were returned home because they preached on the christmas eve when soldiers brothered with each other. Today Islam has entered such phase and I hope they got out of it really soon because it is producing a really lot of trouble around world. Problem with Islam is that in islamic groups there are people who read kur'an and decide how to explain it. And if you are having bunch of religious people that hear that it is good to kill themselves in the name of fate nad that in the heaven they will be awaited from 40 virgins and other nonsens promises. Unfortunately in my country war has been waged and I have seen what muslims are able to do and it still terrifies me. Islam is aggressive religion not that it was before but currently it is. Hopefully someday people will start prieching kur'ran in different manner.Good luck.

hey!!wow, i couldn't have explained my point as well as you did even if I tried...I like the way you talk about the logical and the time periods, its exactly what I think..WAY TO GO!

I am happy that you have expressed the real happening of today s world in ur topic. Yes because of some terrorist many innocent are also mistaken ,and this must be dealt with .It all started in the Twin tower attack and after saddams death the matter seemed to be calm, but now after Benezirs Death this has gone all the more serious.Moreover you in such situation trying to prove to the world by your actions is more important .

I'm from Bosnia, and Bosnians are of a Muslim religion. That is the reason why we were massacred by the Catholic Serbs, and why I am in the United States today. Bosnians are far from extremist Muslims. We do not even believe in polygamy. Our women do not cover up their whole bodies and face as some Muslims do. And innocent Bosnians were killed; our women and children raped in the name of GENOCIDE; ethnic cleansing. We suffered through many atrocities. But our religion teaches us peace and to love even those who hate us. All religions are pure and good. Catholicism, Judaism, Islam and Christianity. It is people who mutate these religions and turn them into tools of hate. I don't believe any religion is wrong, as long as it teaches you to be good and to do good unto others. I would not push my beliefs upon anyone, because that creates war and problems. I am fine with whatever religion a person chooses to be. As long as you are a good person, I will be your friend and I will not judge you. Only ignorant people judge others because of what they believe in, and only vicious, evil people kill "in the name of their God". I personally wish that religions didn't exist sometimes, because if it didn't I wouldn't have lost my father in the war.

see thats what am talking about.
I live in Mauritius and there's more than a dozen of religions here. We are allowed to choose our way of dressing too, I for one has never worn any all-covering piece of clothing.and yeah, polygamy is just infidelity... everybody has to learn tolerance abou religions, respect other people's belief and learn to befriend people simply on a humanity basis.I got friends from all kinds of religions and we get along great.I like the diversity, if only i would have been possible without the wars...

Hey OMARSDALI
for somebody who dislikes islam, you certainly put a lot of effort in it, even I have never read so much about my own religion...
who knows, with that much information in your head, even you can become an anti-islam terrorist!

Hey,

I am a muslim and I want the whole world to understand that islam is a religion of peace.

Ok, the Al-Qaida is a group of muslim terrorists but hey, not all muslims for part of that group.

I for one,and most families in my country are against terrorism.

you can't imagine how much it hurts to be judged because of other people's actions.

1. I recognise Islam, Judaism and Christianity as Abrahamic religions. I explained that in my previous post that "We believe in the same God", that is God's of Abraham [ibrahim]

2. The Islam brought to people in the Arabian Peninsulas many good moral things and principles like workshop Allah [God in English], Justice, no stealing, no killing baby girls, the equality between people,......

3. But the last thing is to claim that Islam is religion of peace. Sorry, I don't know from where this myth came from?. Tell me how the Islam was spread to Egypt and all North Africa? How Islam reached Spain and was there for 400 years?. How the Parisian Empire became Muslim? How Syria , Iraq, Turkey became Muslims. Why Constantinople name has removed from map [it is now and become Istanbul. How the St Sofia Church became a mosque. How some people in Balkan are Muslims [like Bosnia, Albania and Kosovo]. How people in Azerbaijan, Kazakhanstan, Tajakstan, Uzbekstan, Turkmenistan, became Muslims.

4. The answer is that Islam was spread by war In Sahih Al-Bokhary:? Narrated Ibn Omer: the prophet said:

:" I was commanded to fight people till they testify that, no God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, perform prayers and pay the alms, by doing that they may rescue their blood and money from me except for the dues for Islam and God will recompense them?

Notice ?rescue their blood and money from me? so one should testify that ?No God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah? or he will be killed by the sward, so that was an existing principle. I am Australian now but I am Egyptian Coptic Christian .

5. I was in Egyptian government schools and all the time they taught us about Islamic concur. It was in proud matter..It is the Islamic history and it is not our analysis for the history.. Muslims , read those verses and history and they are proud of the power of Islam and its defeating of the Rome and Faris, they are proud that Islam conquered those nations and defeated them.

6. So execuse me when I don't agree that "Islam is religion of peace" event though I respect the Islam..But Muslims taught me this history.

7. If you ask me as Coptic Egyptian [the native people of Egypt before Arab invasion] how they live and how they build their churches with difficulties , resistance and may be with destruction and violence. It is not matter of Al-Qaida. That was before Al-Qaeda from long long ago. It still till now. The last events happened last month when Egyptian Copts completed renovation for a church in Sena in upper Egypt. Then in the same month Muslims burned and destructed many Christian Churches and proprieties Watch this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

8. Did you hear about the Armenian massacre by the Turk in 1915

9. Watch this from former Islamic lady who changed her attitude about Islam after the violence and killing by Muslims Brother group in her village. Now she is a psychologist in USA. and speak up: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

10. I return to say it is not matter of Al-Qaeda. Before it were many other names: Muslims Brotherhood, Jihad, Takffeer, and many. The problem is in what the Islam taught and what are written and told. Most of reader of Islamic books including Quraan , Sahih Al-Bokhary and other prophet's words order kill men to enforce him for embracing the religion

11.In the Islamic encyclopedia, under the title ?Al-Jihad ?it was mentioned literally:? Al-Jihad (The fighting for Islam) is a war for propagation of Islam

12. If you make a research for the number of times the ward ?Fight, kill, war, Al-Jihad, assassination?in the Quraan and Converses, the result will came as: 35213 times those words were mentioned in the Quraan and Converses (that can be verified by you)

13. The Islamic books mentioned that during the ten years the prophet stayed in Al-Medina, he made a total of 84 incursions, and military squads (all mentioned in the history and the prophetical life history books)

14.The most serious thing is that there were Quraan verses inciting for killing as:

the Repentance chapter (Surat At-Taubah ) 5

:" when the sacred months have passed, then kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. "

The Repentance chapter (Surat At-Taubah) 29

:"Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the last day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the tribute with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued"

15. So my family are survvived and still Christian because our ansestor paid the required tribute.

16. The Quraan says that Christian are not believer in one God so they are infidel and must be killed. Even it is wrong to think that Christian is not believer in one God [see my post: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54632-christians-believe-in-one-god/ ]. The extremist can rely on these passages

17. Muslims accuses Christian and Jews by corrupting their holy books. They calling Christian infidel since Christians make Jesus as one of the trinity, so they are not believer in one God so they are infidel and have to be killed.

18 Muslims are accuses Christian of claiming wrongly that Jesus was crucified [they don't recognised why Jesus came] then the Gospel is falsified so they have to be killed.

19. Muslims believe the all prophet are non-sinner. Then since bible are telling about the few sins by the Prophets, then Jews corrupted their holy book and then they are non-believer and have to be killed: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

20. So please don't claim that Islam is Religion of Peace. I am ready to give in details the related verses. You can say many other good but not this one.

In my experience good people will do their best to be good whatever their religeon or culture. They do their best to help people in need and find happiness. Bad people are still people and seek the acceptance of their culture, but if their culture is tolerant of evil acts or evil ideas then the bad person does not feel bound by society to 'play nice and get along'. Just because you and most people you know understand that everybody benefits if everybody is nice, doesn't mean that everybody accepts that, or wants to play nice. Giving them even a nod at social acceptance while they fulfil their basest of desires is one of the things encouraging those so inclined (or desperate) to do atrocious things in the name of religeon. And we are all judged by other peoples actions.

You obviously didn't try hard enough, if you look at the five pillars of Islam, there is no rape, terrorism, sexism, racism, I don't know where you got them from, but when Islam first came it brought equality between the master and the slave, and gave women their rights including the right to inherit, when before she was being inherited herself.He has no need to defend his religion because it's not in danger, so there is no need for lying..
Give examples please. And don't forget that you should take into account the time period when the aya was revealed when trying to understand it's meaning. for example, in Islam drinking alcohol is forbiden, but there is one verse in the quran that says dont pray when you are drunk, you may think it's contradictory but when Islam first came drinking wasn't forbiden and Islam didn't that in steps, first by forbiding being drunk when praying, and then by completely prohibiting it.
It's still a fact. And the other day there was a muslim actor from hollywood talking on the radio and he said he always gets the same role in the movies, a muslim terrorist, and he always get the same line, "in the name of Allah I will kill you".
because he wants to educate people about what Islam really is.
Where is the contradiction ?
Not many americans have a copy of the quran, and even the ones who do probably don't read it. I know my uncle still didn't read the copy he has.
Why ?

Assalamualaikum,

Welcome to Indonesia, and see in Bali where Islam & other religion still live peacely after the bomb.

I don't know much about Islam as a religion. But here's some things I DO know about militant Islam:1) 270 million infidels or non-believers have been murdered by Muslim jihadists over the last 1400 years. An estimate of 60 million Christians, 80 million Hindus and over 10 million Buddhists have been killed during this period.2) ninety to ninety-five percent of all conflicts and wars in the World today involve conflicts between Muslims against non-Muslims or against other Muslims.3) According to the Muslims, "jihad" is a struggle, a personal endeavor to achieve higher moral standard. But as we can all see after 9/11, it has become a representation of violence, hate, and terrorism against infidels, especially those of the western World. Therefore, Islam as a "religion" of peace" has become absurd.4) Wherever Muslims are in majority, other religions are suppressed.5) No matter how many theories and arguments have come up saying that women are treated equally in the Muslim society, the reality is that the status of women in ninety-nine percent of Muslim communities around the world, is nothing but deplorable.

Edited by polter (see edit history)

I'm from Bosnia, and Bosnians are of a Muslim religion. That is the reason why we were massacred by the Catholic Serbs, and why I am in the United States today. Bosnians are far from extremist Muslims. We do not even believe in polygamy. Our women do not cover up their whole bodies and face as some Muslims do. And innocent Bosnians were killed; our women and children raped in the name of GENOCIDE; ethnic cleansing. We suffered through many atrocities. But our religion teaches us peace and to love even those who hate us. All religions are pure and good. Catholicism, Judaism, Islam and Christianity. It is people who mutate these religions and turn them into tools of hate. I don't believe any religion is wrong, as long as it teaches you to be good and to do good unto others. I would not push my beliefs upon anyone, because that creates war and problems. I am fine with whatever religion a person chooses to be. As long as you are a good person, I will be your friend and I will not judge you. Only ignorant people judge others because of what they believe in, and only vicious, evil people kill "in the name of their God". I personally wish that religions didn't exist sometimes, because if it didn't I wouldn't have lost my father in the war.

Firstly of all if you are Bosnian that means that you are from the country named Bosnia and Herzegovina and it doesn't mean that you are art of islam religion or in any fact connected to the muslims.

People from Bosnia divide in three groups. Croats who are of cathoolic religion, Serbs who are of orthodox religion, and Muslims who are of Islam important notice is that these guys were in fact named muslims and they have decided to change their name into Bosniak and not Bosnian just to confuse further uneducated international community.

Since you are not familiar with this fact I assume that you are not from Bosnia and just one more discrepancy is that there are no Catholic Serbs Serbs are associated with Orthodox religion and even thouse who live and work in Croatia are Orthodox and not Catholic.

And furthermore you speak of rapes genocide ethnic cleaning however are you familiar with the other attrocities against the other two nations. You see in any war there are people who are making such deeds and on any side, I will tell you few examples what did muslims do to the croat people in the town of Mostar and Serb people in the city of Sarajevo why don't you m,ention this as example. You are taking this example as innocence of muslim religion when there were 30,000 mujahidwho came to Bosnia to perform Jihad (Sacred muslim war against the other nations). They came under slogan we will make clean Bosnia. So you see what are you saying is nonsens and today islam is aggressive religion and there aggressive actions that they perform against other nations. And in fact in Bosnia muslims were the first to strike. So that gives you much about your saying that muslims are innnocent and peaceful religion.

No other religion in the world has anything similar that would resemble to something like islamic Jihad or sacred war against infidels.

-----

Addiotion;

One more thing I forgot to mention is that the thing you are saying about that they don't dress is totally untrue because now there are more then ever people dressed as muslim women ought to be dressed including the facial covers.
Edited by hitmanblood (see edit history)

Hey OMARSDALIfor somebody who dislikes Islam, you certainly put a lot of effort in it, even I have never read so much about my own religion...
who knows, with that much information in your head, even you can become an anti-islam terrorist!

Hey lady

Where did I give the impression that I dislike Islam?? I didn't mean to give that impression and I don't dislike Islam. I actually like Islam because I'm a Muslim. I don't see anything that I did or said that shows that I dislike Islam. If I did do, please show me where.

4) Wherever Muslims are in majority, other religions are suppressed.
5) No matter how many theories and arguments have come up saying that women are treated equally in the Muslim society, the reality is that the status of women in ninety-nine percent of Muslim communities around the world, is nothing but deplorable.

True, but you can't judge Islam by studying the Muslims. If you want to study Islam, go study Islam not the Muslims. I'm not saying all the Muslims are bad or anything but if some of them do something wrong; it doesnt mean that that's what Islam says to do.

I will be posting an article here that replies to those who claim that woman and men are not equal in Islam. And it also deals with some other myths about Islam. That is if I can find the link again.

i am a muslim too!well theres a huge difference in Islam, and whats being presented everywhjere aroundalso the So calkled Muslims are presenting Islam in a wrong wayIslam is abt peaceinfact Islam means Peace and someone said above that its necessary to know the situation when the ayah was revealed, its exactly the true thing!and its the most misused thing!many people just narrate the ayah , without telling and knowing the situation in which it was revealed!Its all going wrong about islamIts all going wrong about every thing!