xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wonbin

"gamer Buys $26,500 Virtual Land" (from Bbc News)

Did you hear about the lady that makes 200k+ a year by just doing strip-shows in Second Life? Not even real video/pictures, she just does prostitution with her character....That is something that just boggles my mind. Why someone would PAY for a person to strip their character...

No surprise, second life and entropia universe is built for players to unleash their potential and creativity in money making, in any ways they want.I was a pixel artist in second life making USD 500 per month just selling pixel art pin ups and later became a land broker which gross me USD 980 per month. It takes hardship to get it started from ground up and if your business is really unique, then you will be earning tons and have a good life in both virtual and real world.So far, there is no breaking record made in entropia universe yet but my last seen highest transaction done is USD 6.6k done by a player just by blasting for valuable deposits.

This reminds me of Runescape before they put in the stupid equal trade. I know of people who would buy 100k+ law runes at about 100 a piece and sell them in sets of 1k for 250 each. It was fast money and they made millions in a day. Then they sold the cash that they made online for about $10 a Million. But I still think that they best way to make money is through work, not buy playing a game, though it can make you some money.

I think its pretty smart what people are doing. They understood there is a large group that values what they do on these virtual worlds, and will pay them.Take a look at the Stock Markets (global), there all going down, investment in the real world isn't a very good idea for most people right now. But the moreyou read into these virtual worlds, the more you see is that EVERYONE recommends investing because they always seem to make a profit. All those peoplewho are willing to spend 10-15 dollars a month on a game, they go into the game and purchase the virtual items for fun, and the people who are selling theitems can make a good profit. The only thing that would worry me with an investment like that is about the buyback. Is it a guarantee? Or could the companywho sold you the virtual cash in the first place suddenly shut down and theres no way to turn your virtual money back into real money. So its a gamble (slightly)But if your constantly buying and selling you shouldn't have a problem, just don't make investments too high, so if they do eventually shut down, you only hadmaybe 20-40 percent of your virtual budget in the game at the time. And you'll always be making a profit (supposedly) so you can be increasing that budgetconstantly.

The 'kid' is prob about twenty..
That game is pretty cool, I like it. takes a long ime to download and install tho...

Cant find that island he bought tho, lol :D

Yeah, that's the only draw back of it, and there's sometimes lag. On my gaming PC it took me almost 2 hours to download it, and I have cable <inserts happy word that begins with "f" :) >
But seriously $26,000 and he's only like 20? Kid must have some money, espicailly in this economy. I can only play like 3 or 4 hours straight before I get bored of it (compared to EVE, I've played like 5 straight).

edit: does anybody pay to play Mafia Wars (game on FaceBook). I know my uncle does, to get godfather points or whatever they're called. it's supposed to be really addictive, even though it is literally just point-and click with no 3D or even 2D graphics, just pics.
Edited by FruitRocks (see edit history)

It's really annoying to see this, from a non-mmo gamers or non-gamer perspective. Although the people playing these type of games take it way too seriously. It's entirely up to them, they are spending the money, so it is there decision. In my view its just utter madness. But, what can I say, it's not affecting me.