xisto Community
progenx

Run Blocked Software On Mac

This isn't that much of a hack job, but it works for me on every Mac I've tried.When your "System Administrator" blocks out for example, iTunes from playing, open up a terminal and typecd / --takes you to the root of the current drivecd App* --short for Applications (Case Sensitive)and then you will be in the Application Folder of your MacNow, in terminal typeopen -a iTunes.app or open -a iT* (For Short)This will open up iTunes and any other program you attempt to try.Also if you want to see whats currently in the directory you are in typelsand it will list everything inside of the directory.This also works when you've downloaded a program onto your Mac but running it is blocked.

this is more to exploits.. not hacking.. if this forum permits me to post some hack tuts, i will post some.

will me too

i do known some cool exploits stuff i can post thince thay are my one work

can i do

i did post some and thay was removed for spam

Thanks! This seems cool. The only hard part will be trying to remember it. :s It's amazing all the loop-holes we can find. Again, thanks for sharing!

Nohax brings up a good point. What kind of a network admin would block iTunes but not terminal?

I was trying to get past my school's program blocks then found this right now... for all people you can open terminal if blocked by typing into safari:

telnet://

it will bring up terminal, then just click new shell. :D

I am on my MacBook Pro running Leopard. I tried it, but there were a few problems:

cd / didn't take me to HD

cd Applications didn't take me to applications

when I tried to launch something, the parental controls dialogue popped up.

Please help? I am very frusterted

-reply by Austin

it doesn't work for my Macbook... any suggestions?when i do that and i try to do telnet:// it says terminal blockedwhen i try again in Automator using a shell script, its blocked.