xisto Community
KansukeKojima

Screen Shot Of What My Website Will Look Like

Well, this is a basic look for the future, do you like it? Any suggestions?

Posted Image

I can't really say that your design or color choices appeal to me, but that's just my personal opinion.In your name 2K ART, your 2 looks like a backwards 5. Is it supposed to be like that?

I think it looks great. Took me about 10 seconds to find the links, but I don't know if it's worth addressing or not. I think it will make a great site. Good luck for completion! :)

Would the background look better in all black or should I find a kind of black glass thing with sideways grey lines...? I mean like on my blog http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the green background only black... should I use the diagonal line background?

not a bad looking site.

NewsDate: January 7, 2008Subject:New look and feel, Programming --> CSS Basics No. 2!I've designed a brand new look for 2K ART, so enjoy! Its a little more grungy and ummm... cool looking so enjoy... I have uploaded a new CSS Tutorial today. Like the previous one, it teaches you about some of the basics of CSS.

I would add some padding here though it loooks messy being too close to the border.The use of image map is cool but if you need to add new sections later you'll need to redo graphics code etc, thats the only downside I see to them.

Definitely needs soma padding left and right.And maybe a little enhancement of the Header tags. Space them out a little from the body of the text. Opening up the page and showing some 'white space' makes it easier to see the various elements on the page.I like what you have so far, play with the suggestions you have been offered and see if you agree with them. It is your site, so do something creative that shows the world that you can be 'unique'.and Good Luck with the site, of course...

Well now that you got the site up I chime in on the design, first that white is way to bright don't ask me how that is possible it just is. Next I would say to add a bit of color to the site is to separate the header from the nav and then use rollovers for your navigation, and you can add color that way. As for the contrast I would say drop the black and go with a darker white, and then use drop shadows or a border to separate the site from the background, because the black and white contrast looks plain and uninventive and that you just slapped it together, and that green color your using for links you have visible change it do a darker color because you can barely see it.Yeah I agree need some padding on the left side maybe 15-20px from the left will be good enough. As for your headers I would used <h1> or <h2> to separate them from the rest of the site and that way visitors can have a clearer understanding what they are looking at. Also a few more images will help to give it some color as well.Ok I just saw your blog, and that begs the question would don't you use that color scheme as it looks a lot better then the plain black and white.Thats all I have on changes you could make.

Personally, I would love some more color. You could use a gradient, add more patterns or do something more exiting. Currently I do not really like that design, but with some color it would be better. Also I think some different, new and nice brushes would do the trick. Good luck. :)

Looking at all of your comments, I have become severly dissatisfied with my work.... I realize that its far too plain and just crappy....

I'll just leave my website up how it is now... and I won't change it until I can succesfully create something that I actually like, and that you like. I've had a hard time creating something, considering I have had no internet access at home. That leaves me with absoluetelly no inspiration, neither can I learn new techniques, etc. Especiallly difficult when I'm trying to code up a layout and have no reference material....

I am going to try to create something epic, amazing and completely original... I will work hard on the layout, and try to use some of your suggestions that I can remember....

Well, anyways, that you for your help... I will work hard and make something much better.........

Now that I actually think about it... I will just try to fix it up.... I don't really want to start over.... it can be made much better now that I think upon it...

I made some changes to it... red background... same color hover links... there is also padding now.... well??? What else should I do... and should I get a gradient background?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to view the changes.

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

The dark red background contrasts nicely with your content. I'm not sure if the structure is how you intended to be but if not you need to align it as the right side header image is too narrow for the content. I dont know what the bottom section is surpose to be a footer or another content section/container? Most of the stuff left to do I think is widths and margin+padding adjustments for elements. If you are gonna do those adjustments and not sure whats causing them I would suggest you use firebug as it has an inspecter to quickly show you what elements have what effects on them.

I'm not sure if the structure is how you intended to be but if not you need to align it as the right side header image is too narrow for the content. I dont know what the bottom section is surpose to be a footer or another content section/container?

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean here.....