xisto Community
jlrr94

What's The Best Wireless Router? For u, whats the best?

I actually have a BELKIN wireless router and it is very good, no problems at all and good access range.But I want to know ur opinion about ur experiences with wireless routers.For u what's the best? Why?

For me it's Netgear. I had it at my College, my Home, my Office. I also have Netgear Wireless Routers deployed at commercial access points.I also have another DLINK Router which is also very good. But Netgear is the best.

The Netgear DG834G I have at the moment is probably the best one I have ever used. The wireless doesn't drop out, the signal is consistent across my house and all the features you could want are available in the browser-based admin panel. It was also one of the cheaper ones available at the time I bought it :)

For me it's Netgear. I had it at my College, my Home, my Office. I also have Netgear Wireless Routers deployed at commercial access points.
I also have another DLINK Router which is also very good. But Netgear is the best.

I have a netgear at the moment. My family has four laptops all regurlary connected , and it handles it with no slow connections or dimmed speed. I forget what model it is , but it was one of the cheaper versions , but still worth my money. It was all very easy to set up too. about three wires here and there. Nothing as complicated as I'd thought it would be :)

The Netgear DG834G I have at the moment is probably the best one I have ever used. The wireless doesn't drop out, the signal is consistent across my house and all the features you could want are available in the browser-based admin panel. It was also one of the cheaper ones available at the time I bought it :)

I get signal across in my friends house on the street!^.^

linksys has been doing well for me for the last couple of years, thought it has its rough ends at the beginning due to being my first wireless router set up but it has been going smoothly for me. Wasn't to keen on the tech support but luckily for me I was able to get through it and thinking about getting a new one just to keep myself current.

For me, the Apple Airport Extreme works like a charm. Up to 50 different connections can connect through it at once (but if you have it encrypted, who really has 50 devices that use internet?) and it has a very large range. It took me about 10 minutes to set up, and I have yet to have any problems with it. Sure, I have a DSL connection and my DL/UL speed is slow as the Slowsky's from the Comcast commercials, but even so my router makes it not as slow because it processes information pretty quickly. :P

I use ZyXEL, and I haven't had a problem yet. It's reliable, and seems to keep up with my laptop.So I'm happy all round. Although I haven't used any other routers apart from Orange's Livebox. Which I also haven't had a problem with yet.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not to sure what the best router is at this present moment in time.So far since I've started to use the internet more often, I've used 1 modem, which was the Speedtouch 330 which I got when I purchased my broadband from BT, and then when I wanted to move into wireless, I got one of Belkin's high-speed internet routers, which has lasted me for over a year now, and has provided me with a fast service.Lately, I've been using a router which I got sent out for having my broadband for a good amount of time, which was the BT HomeHub, which has been very good. So far it has proved more efficient than the Belkin one, giving me faster internet, as well to the other computers in house. Also, it hasn't had any technical issues along the well...So far, from the 2 routers that I have been using, I would say the BT HomeHub has been the better of the two so far :lol: 9/10

linksys has been doing well for me for the last couple of years, thought it has its rough ends at the beginning due to being my first wireless router set up but it has been going smoothly for me. Wasn't to keen on the tech support but luckily for me I was able to get through it and thinking about getting a new one just to keep myself current.

I would also say that Linksys is the optimal choice. I have sold numerous Linksys routers to customers, with not a single complaint and LOTS of good feedback. I have gotten bad feedback from both Netgear and D-Link (especially D-Link). Also stay away from a company known as TRENDnet...I have yet to find one of their routers with good range and a strong signal.

My first router that I had was a D-Link which in my opinion was a horrible router. I had that router for about 2 months before it broke, and the connection was always slow with it anyways. I decided to get a Linksys router and I have been very impressed by it because I always have a perfect signal and it is never slow. I would recommend getting a Linksys router because they are very effective and are not very expensive.

I would have to say Netgear, my home network has been running on the same router for many years and everything works completely well. It even works of console systems and printers. And of course it has plenty of ports unlike my other junky 2wire router....ughh and I cant even change the router either for dsl, booo.

Currently, i use a netgear wireless router. I have had zero issues with it and no dropped connections. I have used them for over 8 years now and have a total of two of them (getting a new one only to increase speed). With that said, i know there are a few models that netgear made that were not very good. However, i have never had one of them and the ones i do have are great.

I have been using NETGEAR for a very long time now as they are very reliable and easy-to-use. There wireless range is impressive and I rarely experience disconnections. NETGEAR FTW

i have a belkin F5D7230-4 from many years ago and from the day i bought it until the day i left it in corner of my room never worked correctly. i had many connection lost and problems in reconnecting even with many firmware upgrades and modifications it never changed it's behavior and i think this model had a bad hardware. Linksys is my favorite brand for any type of router (not for dsl modems which some models have serious problems). my newest linksys router is Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router and it's absolutely amazing, no problem at all. everything is working as i expected and after one month of being online 24hrs a day it never freezed and never disconnected. Netgear wireless routers are nice too but we had some temperature problem with wndr3700 in our office, it never crashed but the temperature went to high after 24 hours of working and so we placed two fans on it and cooled it down but there is not any problem with it and it is still working nice.i have never used Verizon routers but i heard that they are nice routers too but for me the best router brand is "Linksys" .