xisto Community
Bluebear

How Do I Remove The Iframes Scrollbars?

Hello. My Iframes are not working properly at the moment. I have some problems with removing the scrollbars. I also need them to automatically extend, without that I need to change the height and width. I have tried with 100% and auto, but there must be something I am doing wrong. (I do not know much HTML, really.)

I will explain a bit more.

On my front page, I have an Iframe linked to my blog, and other things. And as I have said, I need to remove the scrollbars and so on...

Here is the code I am using. (Of course "URL1" is replaced with my url.)

<iframe name="Iframe" src="URL1" FRAMEBORDER="0" style="width:100%; border:0; background-color:000000; height:100%; overflow:auto;"></iframe>

...and I need to remove the "background-color:000000;"

Might help if we were to see the complete page coding.Setting the height 100% will make the Iframe 100 % of the height of the container which holds it. If the container is sized, so will the Iframe be sized accordingly.

Just add this to your iframe code

scrolling="no"

so it will look like this

<iframe name="Iframe" src="URL1" scrolling="no" FRAMEBORDER="0" style="width:100%; border:0; background-color:000000; height:100%; overflow:auto;"></iframe>

or set it to auto and that way if some resizes their browser or have a smaller resolution the scrollbar will show up. Of course hte other way to make the scrollbar disappear is make the iframe large enough to fit the content.

As for removing the background color just erase it and so it will look like this

<iframe name="Iframe" src="URL1" scrolling="no" FRAMEBORDER="0" style="width:100%; border:0;  height:100%; overflow:auto;"></iframe>

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

It did not work. Maybe it will help if you take a look at my website. (I know, it looks horrible. It is just temporary.)
Enter my site, FrizzySheep

Well I messed with the coding and this is what I came up with, now sine your using cutenews you need to adjust the style sheet to fit this, as thats where the problem is atis with the cutenews style sheets.

<!-- Content of the page --><div style="position: absolute; width: 380px; left: 275px; top: 340px;"><iframe name="Iframe" src="FrizzySheep%20_%20FrizzySheep_files/blog.htm" style="width: 375px; height: 525px;" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></body></html>

So replace that iframe with this and in your cutenews style sheet so the width of the posts that your make is about 365-370 in width and that should get rid of the horizontal bar that is left. Of course if you want to keep the height the same just adjust the style sheet in cute news to fit that as well.

your overflow attribute is canceling out the scrolling no attribute. Set your overflow to hidden not auto. Something like this:

<iframe name="Iframe" src="URL1" FRAMEBORDER="0" style="width:100%; border:0; background-color:000000; height:100%; overflow:hidden;"></iframe>

iframe show whole (word saved as htm) document (no scrollbars)How Do I Remove The Iframes Scrollbars?

Similar issue. I can remove the iframe scrollbars no problem. What I want is to embed a several page word doc so the whole doc appears - ie I use the browser scrollbars, not iframe ones.Any ideas?

David Knowles

This removes scrollbars in Chrome, FF, and IE. Maybe play around with it in an iFrame...

<html><head><title></title><style type="text/css">Html { overflow:hidden; }#test {position:absolute; top:50; left:50; right:50; bottom:50; height:2000px; }</style></head>

<body scroll="no"><div id="test">content</div></body></html>

-reply by tpeck