xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I enjoy gmail the most. It is by far the most generous with services. Although I find the advertisements less abrasive than in hotmail/msn live. You can use any gmail account as a passport.net account for msn. You can use IMAP and everything.I really like how if you have the inbox for Gmail open that it refreshes it self and loads new mail that comes in at the current time, instead like Hotmail where you have to refresh the page yourself. For me that is a very big bonus, as I need to get my e-mails right away when I am looking for them.So I voted Gmail, although of course I use both anyways.

none Yahoo! 4ever ! :) yahoo is good and i used it for 5-6 years now i'm not planing to change if i had to chooseHotmail - becouse of msn gmail - friends use it (google adds ? )

Hotmail for me, hotmails just an easier option rather than. With hotmail Im able to chat to my friend who all use hotmail. I hardly ever use Gmail apart from my work. Gmail is cool because your able to change the @ address but hotmails just better I guess.

Hotmail for me, hotmails just an easier option rather than. With hotmail Im able to chat to my friend who all use hotmail. I hardly ever use Gmail apart from my work. Gmail is cool because your able to change the @ address but hotmails just better I guess.

my first mail acount is hotmail in the 1998, but unfortunately, i lost my password now.
so after google launching gmail, i use gmail as my primary mail until now.

Really? You can change the @ address?

And IMO, Gmail is better. (XD)

Hotmail is called Windows Live Mail now. It has 2 GB of storage, compared to about 6 GB with GMail.

Gmail has POP3 support; only Hotmail Plus accounts have such a feature.

Um... not sure about anything else, those are the only things I really care about.

I hate hotmail with a passion. So much junk mail.Gmail is known to have the best junk mail filtering. It's also much faster, and I love having access to all my emails with a search function! So much easier to find what you want. I also love how it cascades your conversations so that you can keep all your related conversations together. Gmail also has pop support, and you can send mail from Gmail on behalf of other email addresses such as hotmail. So I can be in my gmail mailbox and manage all my email addresses from from the one box! You can also apply labels (instead of categories). I love this. It's like tags. Tags pawn over categories.I also LOVE how you can chat inside your Gmail and see who is online. MSN is the worst chat program ever in terms of reliability & CPU usage & unneeded adverstisements and junk on it. Gmail also has a huge storage space of 6gb! You can keep ALL your mail without deleting. Perfect.

GMail without a doubt. Hotmail sends too much spam, and you don't get the google search function. Gmail's lack of folders can be a little annoying, but the tags and search make up for it, and you get used to them.

I choose gmail because of the simplicity, the storage and the fact that its supporting google.I am always using google, and I know that they will eventually take over the world and make mebe a slave for them :P But I still like them. gTalk will be able to do cross-platform iming sooon (probably lol)and google can offer tonnes others. Google can offer more than Hotmail, and match hotmail in every way,shape and form, so best to go with the richer company.Google4Life