xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ashiezai

Sad News For Asia Tsunami or Tidal Waves and Earthquake

Sad news for everyone on earth. THe Tsunami and earthquake wasted over 26,000 lifes in asia region and africa. I feel like crying when i saw the broadcast of the flooded area. Some of them were dragging on something helplessly before they were swept away by the water. A diving and swimming heaven now becomes hell. There were also 56 were killed in my country.

I would like to extend my deepest condolences to every victim's family.

Full story :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

yeah, very sad. multiple countries hit without warning whatsoever. such is the force of mother nature. i'm from asia as well (philippines), and we're thankful enough that we were spared this disaster hitting our shores. we're still reeling from the devastation of 3 big typhoons in a span of one week, and thousands were killed as well in these tragic typhoons due to landslides and flooding in the some areas in the philippines. our hearts go to the families and friends of those who were affected by the tsunamis and earthquakes. we extend our prayers as well for everyone.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Jeez, looks like lots of fisherman, villagers in coastal towns, and tourists were killed. I can only imagine what it would be like to be vacationing on the coast just swimming in the waves only to look up and out of the blue sky and calm sea comes a 30 ft. wall of water bearing down........that would be terrifying. Some estimates are that as many as 20,000 were killed, most of those by the waves.

RIP to all the dead and hope the stranded are rescued ASAP.

Those poor, poor familys. At least we're helping them. Over 5 airlines have sent free flights out to the countrys to bring back our tourists. The forces have been sending out supplies too. I just hope those people can get their lives back togeather. It must be extreamly emoticonal being in something like that. I will pray for these people, that shows how I care. I don't pray much. Anyone know how high the wave was? The waves are very bad untill they get to land. The only problem is the low sea floor scoops them up making them tall.

yep the latest news here is that indonesia has itself now reported over 26,000 dead ... so basically that means the death toll will be around 40,000 by the time all's said and done. unbelievable. it's nature, i guess, the way things work out. sometimes you forget how powerful the earth really is.

yep the latest news here is that indonesia has itself now reported over 26,000 dead ... so basically that means the death toll will be around 40,000 by the time all's said and done.  unbelievable.  it's nature, i guess, the way things work out.  sometimes you forget how powerful the earth really is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0.o Last time I checked it was a half of that. Damn people, they must be so sad. Why is life so ******* hard to live?

;) the reported death has tolled up to 70,000 now ... and UN expect that the number will continue to rise up to 100,000 because of the low level of medical health in those poor region. Hope this will end sooner and i pay my deepest condolence who has lost their families and friends.

70,000. Wow. Those poor people. I saw on the news that in one part 1,500 and dead and 1,500 and missing. Thats probley about 2,500 dead. How did the wave come? Did it send little waves before it or was it all in one big flood? I would like to see what it looked like, the BBC had a image of it in the distance, but thats all.

Asian disaster: How to help

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4131881.stm

Global aid organisations have launched urgent appeals for donations to help survivors of Sunday's Indian Ocean earthquake disaster.

If you go to google, it will have a small link on the bottom giving some telephone and address where you can donate. It is said by some scientist that a future earthquake of magnitude 9 will hit north america in the next few years to come. If that happens, Japan will have only 12 hours to get to high lands before the tsunami will hit. I think the tsunami will likely happen in the middle of Vancouver island if it did happen because of the land structure. Lets hope it doesn't...

My goodness...the devastation this event has caused is astronomical...there are currently 118,000 deaths accounted for, and there are still areas to explore. It's a deeply depressing situation, and sitting at my desk halfway around the world, I feel so freaking helpless :rolleyes: . At first, the initial toll was estimated to be 11,000...it has since increased ten-fold...can you believe that? This is terrible, a universal tragedy that won't be forgotten anytime soon...

The WHO is now worrying if this may cause a wide-spread of desease (because of over 100000 people's dead bodies). This may create a new, unknown desease... just like SARS and H5N1 :rolleyes: Also, people are fearing it might happen again, and the government already sent military members to the beaches to evacuate people... if there's an aftershock...That's not good!

This is one of the biggest disasters of this era. It's right up there with 911. I don't really know why people aren't as devestated by it--I guess it seems more disconected than 911 was. Eitherway, I wish I could do something to help those people...I hope there won't be any more earthquakes, as some as suggested. That would be more than devestating!I also hope that they'll clean up those bodies quickly. As dooga said, disease is a big problem. I just watched a news reporter gag on live TV from the stench.