xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlrr94

Ghosts Do u believe in them?

GHOSTS  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well yes, but at the same time no. I do believe that there is something more then this life, but what I don't know. And I do believe that some people get stuck between this world, and the next. (The reason can be various.)But if some of you die, please let me know what the truth is. :)

No, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't have any evidence of it and have never experienced them. I prefer to have logical evidence than to just go with what someone says.

There are videos,photos and audios, but no scientifical facts. Ghosts are so complicated that scientists can really understand them. But, I think that a ghost can stay on Earth only if the death person thinks that he or she needs to finish something before he or she can rest in peace. But it's a very strange topic and of course, there are two opinions, so I respect your position.

Alot of people from my culture believe in ghost, I think its because they hear stories from each other about ghost and get scared then start to believe its real. I've been freaked out before I must admit, at my old house there was a scruffle in the bush and it was too dark to make out what. I didnt want to chance it and go find out just incase it was either a ghost, a rapist, or both. Some stories are funny though I'll tell you guys about this one story where there is this one ghost, A female widdow... apparently she would go around and take young men away and they would never return. They said if you go out and play alone in the dark you will get taken by her. They would make penis carvings out of wood and hang it on their doors like a door knocker to keep her away. Thinking back at it now I'm not sure if that story was serious or just a joke.

Again I think I seen another topic about ghosts but no I don't believe in them, and people who claim to have seen them I find highly suspicious as to either their eyes were playing tricks on them or they were either on drugs, drunk, or some sort of mental problems. Of course that show on the Sci-Fi channel is a complete rip off of because first you don't see anything and all they do is describe these feels and hear these sounds that you can' pick up,. So until I see a ghost they don't exist.

Ghosts, to me, are very real. But not in the way that books and movies portray them. To put it simple, they are the souls of the deceased who haven't reached the other side. They are not scary or grotesque (only if they had not been when alive) like most people think they are. I have friends who have told me stories about loved ones that have talked to them in their sleep. Those who have actually seen them told me they look just the same as their were in their previous lives, but more radiant and peaceful.Has anyone seen the TV show, Touched By and Angel where in one episode a guy who was already dead was staring at his family who were gathering around his lifeless body in the hospital, hoping that he's wake up? That seemed so realistic to me. I've heard stories of people who's left their physical bodies and floated in the air, immaterially and without weight but with perfect form. From my own experience. My ex-girlfriend at college died in a freak accident a few years ago. That day she died, according to what I heard later, the doorman to her apartment saw her come home, looking exactly the way she left. It didn't actually freak me out cos she was my girl and I knew her really well, but the doorman heard the news, he nearly jumped out of his pants. I've also got a few other real life stories about ghosts but I'll maybe share them all with you later.

I don't believe in these ghost. How can someone see the love ones suffer and do nothing about that if he really exists. For me, I think ghosts are just imaginations. Your love one or enemy dies, due to the extent that you thinks about this person, you always have a mind picture of that person that makes you a day dreamer (ghost).

I do believe in ghosts. I have had a horrible encounter with a superatural force. One time, I was laying the bed at my Grandmas old house. It was the middle of the night. The door to the room was closed. I looked over at the door and heard the knob turn. The door flew open and noone came in. I got up and looked down the hall and noone was there. Then I closed the door and locked it. Shortly after, the door unlocked itself, flew open, and a gust of cold air entered the room. I looked over the edge of the bed and seen noone. Then I noticed the imprint of feet in the deep carpet. It appeared as if an invisible person was walking toward me. Then the bed which was a spring matress sunk down on the edge as if someone was sitting there. I could feel the presence of someone breathing hard. Suddenly I felt a ton of pressure on my chest. Someone was sitting on me. Then I felt a squeeze on my neck and I couldnt breathe. This crushing experence lasted for about 35 seconds!!! I felt like I was going to die. I couldnt talk or cry for help. In my mind, I prayed to god to let me live. Then I felt power to turn over and I gasped for air. The door slammed. It was the most terrifying experience that I have ever had in my entire life. The thing is, I never went to sleep. People say that I was dreaming or hallucinating or it was the wind opening the dorr but I know what I felt.

I was discussing about ghosts with my father (I was like 10 years old) and he told me the reason behind it. Long time ago (when people didn't have the scientific knowledge we have now) when corpses were buried they expelled this type of gas (I can't remember its name) that lights up at night and that led people to believe that the spirits of ppl were coming back to the material world, but that was just wrong information. :o Now I don't believe in ghosts. :]

I do not believe in ghosts. I am definitely a skeptic when it comes to a topic like this, i am one of those kinds of ppl who has to see it to believe it. Also there is NO solid evidence to even prove that they might be real. In my opinion if it weren't for Hollywood and our Imaginations you wouldn't hear so many stories of people swearing that they just saw a ghost.

Actually, there is a lot of solid evidence. The problem occurs when science fails to explain it.And this gas thing, is a total crock. Ghosts can be seen travelling up to miles away from their actual burial spot, and moving. Not just a floating image, but an actual moving human being. Which puts that whole "gas" theory to crap.As for the solid evidence.... There was one experiment done where Japanese scientists created a totally controlled environment, with a man on his deathbed inside. After his death, there was weight missing that could not be accounted for. Do our souls exist, and have weight?Souls are believed to be plasma energy. In haunted areas, these "orbs" can be seen floating around. Most are refractions of light bouncing off particles (most commonly dust), but some can't be explained. There have also been recorded videos (by respected scientific laboratories) of a small orb leaving a person's body anytime between the time of their death, to three days later. The same orbs that can be seen in photos and videos of supposedly "haunted" areas.Another interesting thing to listen to are EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomena). These are recordings done in haunted areas, where upon playback ONLY (and usually only when the recording device is set to record certain frequencies), a voice or mysterious sound can be heard on the tape.Now, a lot of people attribute this to the recording device picking up radio signals. Which, COULD be true, but is HIGHLY unlikely, especially in remote locations. What makes it totally irrelevant, is that some of these voices actually reply to questions asked by the "investigators" (for lack of a better term). Just do a basic search on EVPs, and you'll see what I mean.I know a lot of people can say "People just made these". That could very well be true. But having my own experience in recording an EVP (it was actually through a camcorder), I'm more inclined to believe in the phenomena when I hear it. It's definitely one of those "See/hear it to believe it.".Furthermore, to list off this "solid evidence", let's point out a few more things that happens within haunted areas throughout the world:- Electronic disturbances (radios, and even just an increase in electro-fields in the area which are measured using scientific equipment)- Moving objects- Drastic, unexplainable changes in temperature- Human-life form heat signatures becoming visible using heat detection equipment- Psychics (most unconnected, and all never informed of any information on the area to reduce the chance of variable, unusable scientific statistics) repeating back the exact same feelings/visions/impressions that the last psychic explained.- Regular people who never heard of anything unusual happening in the area, seeing the exact same ghost or ghosts as people before them. Again, without any former knowledge whatsoever (usually tourists passing through).- Strange smells (often reflective of perfumes/colognes the deceased wore, scents of their favorite things such as flowers or cigars) emanating from various rooms at specific times.There are others, but none that I can think of right now. But, really...do a search or two on Google. There are plenty of respected scientific organizations sites that show what they have found. I suggest you read up on them. If only for a good, interesting read.My last suggestion would be to visit a place that's known to be haunted. And have regular occurances. Not just once a year. But near-daily, so you have a much better chance of actually experiencing something.