xisto Community
jlrr94

Byet Host Is Bad!

byethost NO WAY!!!Byet Host Is Bad!Obviously these individuals haven't changed a bit!Creaming your traffic by means of redirects, totally uncredible and ridiculous explanations when they want to force you to upgrade... The list is long!Forget them. Don't waste your valuable time.-reply by johnny

Byethost free hostingByet Host Is Bad!

Yes friends I use several free hosting plans but byethost giving for there free hosting user large number of webspace with bandwith and two thing I like databases and multiple domain host which is 50.. So I am using byethost last 1.5year.. During this time I found 0% downtime.. Yes I found ftp some time not working properly but site does not affect wile ftp is not working so folks honestly speaking Byethost is Byethost

Thnkx

Mohummad Abdullah

-reply by abdullah

About byethostByet Host Is Bad!

byethost is one of the best I come across with I have a free account with them which is 4 months old. I uploaded cms and started my site. It had a glitch once contacted support got replied back in 4and half minutes. Second time I used the ticket to inquire about mail got the answer in in 6 mins so I haven't had any problem. The vista panel is a little hard to understand at first after using cPanel 11 for a long time but I think its simple too.

-reply by Valentine

@ the people lying on these posts to host their siteByet Host Is Bad!

For every reason byethost is keeping up to what its features say on the hosting packages page. So just don't lie to earn the points to host your website its really a bad way. I agree with you completely about 000webhost coz their auto installer feature doesnt work and havent for the past year. And the one saying byethosting panel and this and that for your information its called a vista panel, seems you have no knowledge of programing its why you need cpanel only( I just wonder if you know html even) and the vista panel is also like a cpanel has auto installer and other features like custom mx records and all ( I know you will not know what that is even) and if you have been on internet an tried control panels on different hosts and have been on for long enough you would now how to install a cms on layered panel even (thats also out of your knowledge lol).

"some people just stay silent coz they want to learn other say words and prove thenselves stupid"

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"--~Valentine~?

-reply by Valentine

I'm a bit dismayed by this topic, it's never a good practice to run down the competition. To state why you are better is one thing but to have a topic entitled another free host is bad is definitely unsavoury.Here's my view about byet: First, sign up is instant you don't have forums to post to you just get on with creating your sites. Second the post above me say's he likes php, mysql and cpanel but i don't think the above poster is too knwledgeable about hosting in general. Byets hosting is php and mysql so what he means there i don't know. As for cpanel, the industry standard, it's a nuisance and i really don't understand why it's the industry standard. Byets vista panel uses the net2ftp filemanager, so let's compare the difference. There are many, but three i will point out all refer to time saving.In cpanel let's suppose you wish to upload a site which needs several folders chmod 777 plus all the files in one folder chmod777 and all the files and folders in another chmod 777. Then you need to open each folder, open it's sub folders, check all files, chmod then go to the next folder, check all files chmod, then out and into the next one chmodding files or folders as you go.Next, say you need to edit config.php so you put a check in the box then click edit at the top.After editing you save and it closes the page you were editting giving you an option to close completely or continue editting.Now in net2ftp, you simply check the folders you need chmoding 777. You check the box underneath each folder which either say's 'also chmod all files in the folder' or 'also chmod all sub folders' or you check both. This is so much easier and quicker and in some cases has saved me hours of work that it would have taken using cpanel.Editting a page again is quicker, instead of two actions, it' one. Simply locte the file and click the edit button next to it, sounds small but saves time. Thirdly, when editting a page, after saving you remain on that page. You can then view the changes on your site in a new window and simply edit again if needed. You don't have to re-open the page. Net2ftp is far superior to cpanel.Now finally, as i said at the start i find it unsavoury to run down the competition especially when no other user can compare the two services until they have made 30 forum posts or whatever. So how can any of those users say that your hosting is better when they haven't had a chance to try it yet?Your 1gb sounds generous but we don't know what to expect until we get it. Offering cpanel to users means you need to pay cpanel a yearly licence fee but how can you afford this when there are no ads on users sites? I have signed up with just about every free host there is and what many call cpanel is either there own copycat version or a fairly restricted version. The only free host which has been consistently improving it's services and has stood the test of time is byet, so Xisto needs to be really good to beat that, but as i said we cannot know until after god knows how many posts.A final thing to think about: byet also offer a free hosting re-seller...for free. It doesn't cost anything and anyone can start it instantly. This gives you the ability to put your own ads on users sites if you wish or take off ads. You can charge to take ads off or simply offer an ad free service. You can adjust various features of the free hosting you are offering, create custom forums with a link inserted into ther control panel, custom emails, custom welcome page, increase/decrease sub domains/ add on domains/mysql databases, etc etc etc. You get your own website for your own templates you can create other re-sellers, you can (with courteous permission) enter users sites to sort problems for them, view and respond to support tickets etc etc. But best of all in both their free hosting and free hosting re-seller you can create as many accounts as you want although they do advise using a different email address after several sign ups on one. All in all a pretty good deal and Xisto has to really be good to beat that. As i said it's really unfair to have a topic like this one where a person who may be interested in tryig your service can only get a biased opinion. The title byet host is bad should be taken down.

Edited by zbdblues (see edit history)

@ the people lying on these posts to host their site

Byet Host Is Bad!

For every reason byethost is keeping up to what its features say on the hosting packages page. So just don't lie to earn the points to host your website its really a bad way. I agree with you completely about 000webhost coz their auto installer feature doesnt work and havent for the past year. And the one saying byethosting panel and this and that for your information its called a vista panel, seems you have no knowledge of programing its why you need cpanel only( I just wonder if you know html even) and the vista panel is also like a cpanel has auto installer and other features like custom mx records and all ( I know you will not know what that is even) and if you have been on internet an tried control panels on different hosts and have been on for long enough you would now how to install a cms on layered panel even (thats also out of your knowledge lol).

"some people just stay silent coz they want to learn other say words and prove thenselves stupid"

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"--~Valentine~Ž

-reply by Valentine

I totally agree Valentine, i have been with byet for more than two years and also run my own free re-seller through them. They continually improve their service, they are consistent and have been in existence for close to 6 years now. Their vista panel is as good as any, in fact as i use both cpanel and byets vista panel i can quite proffesionally tell you vista panel is easier to use than cpanel. It's a full featured panel and shouldn't be used as a way of running down byet, remember that ther are many proffesional paid hosting companies which do not use cpanel, it's hardly the rolls royce only the most well known.

byethost NO WAY!!!

Byet Host Is Bad!

Obviously these individuals haven't changed a bit! Creaming your traffic by means of redirects, totally uncredible and ridiculous explanations when they want to force you to upgrade... The list is long! Forget them. Don't waste your valuable time. -reply by johnny

Totally disagree Johnny. Just to point out, i run proffesional and free web hosting services one of those is a free reseller from byet. My own services cannot beat byets unless and until i have enough money to compete with their set up. If you knew anything about hosting you could not and would not run down byet. Theirs is the only free web hosting service on the internet which is valuable. I have tried everyone i have come across except this one because i have to make loads of forum posts to get it, byet is instant sign up. It will be interesting to see how Xisto compares, but past experience tells me this is not going to be so good as people who have not tried it yet are trying to make us believe. What annoys me most is that if you search 'byet' on google you will find rave reviews, independent tests (and you can even test yourself) prove byet to be the fastest free web host and the longest, most free hosts don't last too long. And amongst all those rave reviews this 'byet host is bad' on google search stands out like a sore thumb. It's totally unproffesional. If you had any knowledge about web servers you would realise that server maintenance is a 24 hour job and requires skills and knowledge that don't come cheap.

Unlike most other free hosts, byet do not rent pre-made hosting then repackage it as free hosting, they run their own servers and have quite an impressive set up. To have lasted so long with those kinds of overheads is truly remarkable and they are continually looking for ways to improve. So i have to say that it was only fair to add an experienced and knowledgeable response to your amateur post.

Once you've experienced the pitfalls of all other free hosts, you will go back to byet. (unless of course you're hosting a web site which does not require advanced features, in which case any free host which enables you to upload without thinking would appear good to you) You might find facebook or ning more suitable for your experience level.

i only tried their reseller but i tried creating an account on my reseller and found out how crapped up it is. the ftp client don't work. The worst is that it is super LAG and i cant upload anything =(i was previously with...
000webhost
webs.com
125mb
agilityhoster
and more but i never got what i was looking for.
I hope Xisto is where i will find what i really want (cos im new =D)

It's not crapped up at all, it's extremely proffesional. I think you will find you are at fault by not understanding it and not taking the time to understand it. It's a shame because you've missed out on a big opportunity there. Byet actuallu has everything you could want from a free host, it's comparable to paid hosting and i think that if you cannot understand byets hosting or their reseller then you will never understand paid hosting. In their reseller, there is not supposed to be a filemanager or ftp, you use the re-seller to control the accounts that are created by users who sign up. I must admit there has been a change since i got my re-seller in that my hosting account was incorporated into the reseller panel, now you need to access it separately through another control panel of which you would have received log in details to, but any accounte created by users can be viewed and accessed if necessary (coutesy would dictate you sought the users permission first) through your reseller account by clicking the last 50 sign ups link at the bottom. If you still have it i would suggest you take the time to understand it, it's really not complicated.

I have been looking for a free host for quite some time now. Byet and Trap 17 made it to the top 10. I actually tried signing up with Byet today, but couldn't do it because I'm using Internet Explorer.
I know it may not be the best browser, but I like it and I'm no about to change it just to get free hosting. So I came here instead!

I do like posting in forums so I think it's just as well! :angel:

You don't need to change browsers, i do all my editting and viewing of my sites through internet explorer even though byet recommends firefox. However some versions of internet explorer impede the sign up process and you are told to sign up using firefox. Just pop down to the internet shop if you don't have firefox, it's only for signing up. keep in mind however that anyone who knows anything about creating websites would have several browsers on their pc, as diferent browsers interpret websites differently, so you often need to check your site in different browsers.

I agree with what people said about ByteHost and I hear a lot of good things about Xisto. I believe you since you're still here. But is there anything that you particularly didn't like about it in terms of PHP, MySql, email or anything?