xisto Community
jlrr94

Byet Host Is Bad!

I've never tried Byethost but I have tried quite a few others and havent found anything that I liked or that would fit my needs. I am really hoping that Xisto does that. I guess I will know when I apply for the account and actually get to see it. But from reading here and listening to everyone I think it sounds great. I cant wait to get my account, because so far I love it here and will have no problem posting. I just hope my posts are somewhat good quality posts. Anyway can never hurt to try something and so far I think Xisto is great!!

In my opinion, Vista Panel (VP) is totally crap. (Excuse my month). ByetHost is the most (one of the most) limited webhosting company services I have known. Here is a little list of hosting company's I have been with and left:

UnlimitedMB (ULMB)

x10Hosting

110MB

ByetHost

000Webhost

All of these listed hosting company's I had been with and left because of their rubbish services.

1. ULMB: I left ULMB because of their Control Panel. I only used the FREE package because they are a rip off. I got banned because of a stupid Global Moderator..AKA Victor.

2. x10Hosting: I left x10 because of their support and Control Panel features. It sucked.

3. 110MB: I left 110 because of their 110 MB upload limit, plus their services/support.

4. ByetHost, same as 110. They suck with their support services and upload limits.

5. 000WebHost: I left 000WH because of their lack of features. Their Control Panel sucks. SQL restarts every hour on the clock...

I have had alot of rubbish services of hosting. It was then on I searched and searched for good hosting and eventually find Xisto back in 30-August 08. From then on to now, I've loved their services. :lol:

In my opinion, Vista Panel (VP) is totally crap. (Excuse my month). ByetHost is the most (one of the most) limited webhosting company services I have known. Here is a little list of hosting company's I have been with and left:

UnlimitedMB (ULMB)

x10Hosting

110MB

ByetHost

000Webhost

All of these listed hosting company's I had been with and left because of their rubbish services.

1. ULMB: I left ULMB because of their Control Panel. I only used the FREE package because they are a rip off. I got banned because of a stupid Global Moderator..AKA Victor.

2. x10Hosting: I left x10 because of their support and Control Panel features. It sucked.

3. 110MB: I left 110 because of their 110 MB upload limit, plus their services/support.

4. ByetHost, same as 110. They suck with their support services and upload limits.

5. 000WebHost: I left 000WH because of their lack of features. Their Control Panel sucks. SQL restarts every hour on the clock...

I have had alot of rubbish services of hosting. It was then on I searched and searched for good hosting and eventually find Xisto back in 30-August 08. From then on to now, I've loved their services. :lol:

Here is an uptime test that compares uptime in different hosts. Look at x10hosting.

Dear,

To: May 18 2009 01:00 AM (EU/Western)

1. e-xperta

- uptime: 100.000%

- downtime: 00min

- outage: 0

2. Lailai Xisto - Web Hosting

- uptime: 100.000%

- downtime: 00min

- outage: 0

3. CMS 000space.com

- uptime: 99.969%

- downtime: 01min

- outage: 1

4. X10hosting

- uptime: 81.319%

- downtime: 09hr 52min

- outage: 81

To stop receiving Weekly Uptime Report, please login to your account, go

to "Contacts" and update your preferences.

I have my fingers crossed about Byet Host. I have an account with them. Before I joined Xisto I used to be a regular user of Byet Host, even though I did not have a domain and was using a sub domain the Byet Host server. I did not have any problems however and my site was up almost every time. Though an occasional glitch once in a while was seen. to have a domain Byet Host, I needed a using my credit card. It was not a choice I wanted even though the service was really good.It allowed scripting and PHP, but not cron job. I needed that badly for my site to run on its own. it was only available through paid service. I realised my script not running in the site the way I wanted, I decided to shift.I went through many sites which allowed free hosting one of them being the Awardspace. It wasn't a bad either just like Byet Host. Eventually I came across Xisto and I'm sticking to it. because I know I need not pay by cash or credit card. My Cent gives me enough to pay for my site. And also there are enough features that I wanted in my site.I just wish and hope that Xisto lives long and continues.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

i only tried their reseller but i tried creating an account on my reseller and found out how crapped up it is. the ftp client don't work. The worst is that it is super LAG and i cant upload anything =(i was previously with...000webhostwebs.com125mbagilityhosterand more but i never got what i was looking for.I hope Xisto is where i will find what i really want (cos im new =D)

Through my job I have dealt with payed hosting and if you do not need socketenabled websites there is no need to pay for one especially if someones giving space away for free :)

tbh http://www.000space.com/ is very easy the only down is that it uses vista panel but thats soon to get over very quick and very reliable ive been with them for 2 yrs now so join if you want no pressure but its up to you aint it

-reply by Mr Adam Simpson

I have been looking for a free host for quite some time now. Byet and Trap 17 made it to the top 10. I actually tried signing up with Byet today, but couldn't do it because I'm using Internet Explorer.I know it may not be the best browser, but I like it and I'm no about to change it just to get free hosting. So I came here instead!I do like posting in forums so I think it's just as well! ;)

Yeah... this is a great community for you to start building your website...And what's more...You can earn myCENTS (and money) just for asking questions and asking for help in building your website!!! Now that's what I call a good service...You don't even have to post a lot to keep up with everything...

For me, qov.tw, which is also powered by byethost, is better than almost free web hosting services. Fairly low latency, and support most PHP functions.But I have something to say. Absence of socket and cURL functions support makes me uncomfortable; its database capacity is limited to 50mb; and its VistaPanel always halts my IE8. So I want to try Xisto.

Hi guys!Within last two years, I had 8 different sites hosted over byethost. For me, service was good and i really liked their support for answering support tickets. Generally speaking, they were really good until the beginning of 2009 but these days they are not good for a medium to advance websites. My main issue is their slow loading of websites which sometimes lead into some script error in your site. I don't recommend it to any one any more.

Edited by eastofsorrow (see edit history)

God, Byethost sucks! when i signed up for it they gave me my password and everything on it, but i couldn't log in! you can upload archives so after 2 hours of uploading wordpress files i finally gave up (and i wasn't even finished). Byet host is one of the worst hosts I've seen.... :)

I had your pain man. I used it I got 35 members and 900 posts then suddenly my forum is shut down because the storing limit was 100MB. I got mad and put a report to them. Of course that didn't do anything. But it was worth a try. Soon enough they blocked my I.P after they read it. So I never went on it again.Nice story eh.

This is the problem with very big free hosts such as 000webhost and ByetHost, they use so much resources for nothing, they have to cut down on services offered, if I was you I would go to a Post 2 Host (Yes, Trap 17) and get hosting their, at least you know they are getting something for their services