xisto Community
Bruce517

Post Your Favorite Easy To Make Meal. add ingredients and instructions

Heres mine =)TATER TOT HOTDISH Ingredients.A bag of tator tots.2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (any cream soup can be substituted for optional flavor)2 lb. of ground beef1 can of corn (or any other desired vegetable(s))Instructions.Cook the hamburger and strain the fat. Spread the hamburger into a baking dish then pour the soup and can of vegetables over. Stir until mixed well. Cover the mixture with tator tots and Bake for the amount of time it says for the tator tots to get done and add 5 minutes. (or until mixture is boiling and tator tots are crisped.)

My favorite easy to make mealCEREAL1 bowl1 spooncereal of choicesugarmilkFirst get a bowl, then you get a spoon. Next get the cereal box and pour your cereal in the bowl.Pour your milk in the bowl, then get a knife and a banana. Cut the banana into pieces and put it in the bowland sugar if needed, grab your spoon and eat away

My favourite is chicken salat. =)

Ingredients.

Some fried chicken

Salat

Tomatoes

Cucumber

Corn

Pineapple

..and other things you may like.

Cut everything in pieces, and just mix it all together. Yum!

One of the easiest meals is fried rice. I do have a tasty but unhealthy version which never tastes the same :(

Essential Ingredients

Steamed rice, loosened or un-clumped a bit

A bit of oil (sesame is good but canola or corn is much cheaper)

Garlic, minced or powdered

Onions (preferably white ones)

Unripe Calamansi (our local lemon) Juice

Soy Sauce (I recommend Kikkoman)

Salt and Pepper

Non-Essential Ingredients

Chopped Ham or Luncheon Meat

Bacon Bits, cooked

Ground Beef, cooked

Chicken Strips, cooked

Crab Fat (this one's good)

Crab Sticks or Crab Meat

Shrimp or Prawns, cooked and shelled

Corn Kernels

Green Peas

Carrot, diced

Cucumber, diced and de-seeded

Tomato, diced and de-seeded

Bell Pepper, diced and de-seeded

Cheese (diced)

Margarine (NOT butter)

Vetsin (Monosodium Glutamate)

Whatever your mind (or inner doctor) tells you :(

Instructions

1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on high heat. How large "large" is depends on how much rice and extras you have.

2. Add garlic. Let it cook a few seconds.

3. Add onions. Let it cook until it is somewhat clear.

4. Add rice. Let it cook for a few minutes, mixing all the time to keep it from sticking. Switch to medium heat.

5. If you have margarine, add it now. Mix it until the rice is an even yellowish mixture.

6. Rule of thumb: those that cook quickly go in last. Cheese, cucumber and the already-cooked meats go last. Tomato and corn go in the middle. Remember to stir all the while, to prevent the mixture from sticking. It's an arm workout :(

7. Salt and pepper to taste. Add vetsin, if you feel like it.

8. Mix soy sauce and calamansi juice. Season with this mixture to taste.

9. Serve warm. It's less tasty when cold, although a dash of the soy sauce-calamansi mixture livens it up anytime :)

It is, for most people, a meal in itself but for someone like me or my sibs or majority of the people in this rice-eating country of ours, it is just fried rice: the carbohydrate part of the meal. For us, it needs another dish, a viand but, in times of extreme laziness, yeah, I do consider it a meal :(

I think I'll post a few more later :(

Well chicken bacon pasta comes to mind... Yum but not healthy :(I live with my mum and brother and we all eat well to say the least so this would probably feed four, maybe five or 6 if you add salad and crusty bread too.Thou shall need:about 3-4 chicken breasts bone and skinlessSalt and Pepper to tasteEnough pasta to serve the number of people you want (pour into a serving bowl EG 4 times for four people Giving what you would consider a good portion)A jar of mayo (you will use about half a jar for my original serving size)Bacon (in small pieces)Optional:Sweetcorn or anything else you wantWhat to do:Well dice the chicken to bite size pieces and fry in a little salt and some pepper for flavour when nearly cooked add the bacon untill both are cooked and this will flavour the chicken nicely. Meanwhile cook the pasta in your usual way. Now simply mix the pasta, chicken, bacon, mayo and sweetcorn in a BIG bowl and serve. Very nice with some pepper on top, crusty bread and some ketchup!For a healthier option you could use ham instead of bacon, or leave it out totally and use low fat mayo. My mum always makes me and my bro cook this and we always have some left over, its rather filling :(Another thing to do with the leftover may is potato salad as an addition to salad dishesyou will need: Some baby/new potatoes, depending on how much you want to make. If its to go with salad go with 3-5 potatoes each (assuming they are rather small)MayoSpring onionsSalt & PepperOptional:Onion (for a stronger onion taste)Bacon, ham etc... a little garlic if you like itMaybe chivesmethod: boil the potatoes with the skin left on (clean them first if your worried about dirt) Chop into small bite-size pieces and mix the mayo and other ingredients into the mix.For best flavour refrigerate for a few hours beforehand or even overnight to allow the flavours to mingle with the mayoEnjoy :)Seeing as im here.....a chicken salad with potato salad:you will need:Potato salad (see above :()Chicken breasts 1-2 each depending on how hungry you are!Lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, spring onion, tomato and onion if you like ithoneyCrusty bread!Make the salad in the usual way. nothing special here. Grill the chicken breasts either on a flame grill device EG BBQ or on a George Forman grill style machine. To serve put a pile of salad on the plate, chuck the chicken on top, drizzle the whole lot with honey and then, if you like pepper which i do, add some FRESHLY GRATED pepper on top of the chicken for flavour and looks. a nice generous dollop of potato salad and a crusty roll is all that is needed. Even though i dont like salad much i do love this dish because of the chicken/honey/pepper combo. Its really nice, just don't smother the chicken with honey!

Wow. It seems salad is a fave around here. So I'm also gonna post my unhealthy version of something that should have been healthy.

Basically, a vegetable salad has three components:

Leaves

Lettuce is, oftentimes, a mainstay, though I have watched a few shows on TV where they use other leafy greens. Cabbages are a good substitute. At least once, I have heard of some people who use, uh, weeds. For your safety, though, use lettuce until you consult an herbologist regarding other edible leaves, Professor Sprout, maybe :(

Dressing

This is, methinks, optional. Sometimes, you'd just wanna taste the crisp and cool lettuce and veggies without any interfering flavors. Most of the time, however, a salad dressing serves to bring together, or harmonize, the taste of all the other ingredients.

Thousand-Island dressing seems to be a popular choice. Those on a tight budget over here usually make do with mayonnaise.

You can also try these two:

Orange juice, cinnamon powder, vinegar (just a small amount) and oil (sesame or olive is good)

Pesto and mayonnaise (mix well)

Hoisin sauce and mayonnaise (don't mix. You may omit the mayo, if you so desire)

Toppings, for lack of a better name

These go above and in between the leaves. Mostly, it can be whatever you want, limited only by your sense of taste :) An ideal salad for me would have the following:

Fish flakes (Tuna, tilapia, blue marlin or catfish will do fine)

Crab meat and/or fat

Chicken tempura strips, chopped, if necessary (breaded chicken will also do)

Chicken skin, fried or roasted

Shrimp or prawns, cooked and shelled

Squid rings, breaded and fried

Mussels, blanched and shelled

Bacon and/or ham bits

Pork rind cracklings (yes, the un-healthiest food available to us here)

Lechon (roasted pork) meat and/or rind, chopped

Century eggs, Hard-boiled quail eggs or chicken eggs, sliced for century and chicken eggs

Tomato, sliced

Carrot, sliced, diced or sticks

Cucumber, sliced

White onions, sliced (raw red onions irritate my palates) or ringed, breaded and fried

Pineapple chunks

Corn kernels

Raisins

Green Peas

Sweet bell Pepper, strips

Black olives, sliced

Cheese, diced or grated

Unflavored jelly, cubes (I don't like this but I think Wendy's salad bar offers these)

Croutons

Instructions

Is this really necessary? :(

1. Basically, you tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Cover the bottom of the plate with them.

2. Heap in the toppings

3. Pour the dressing

4. Mix, if you want, but I recommend serving it as it is.

As you can probably see, the easiest meals tasty enough for me are, usually, a hodge-podge of leftovers :( Oh, seriously, could you really comfortably eat a salad with all that? Well, I think I could, only, I have never tried it. It'd be a heaven-sent miracle if I find all of those stuff in our fridge :(

my most easy to make meal.CUP NOODLES1. place hot water inside cup2. wait for at least 5 mins.3. add the seasonings.4. eat. :)im not really a fan of salads. so im more of a fast paced person. XD

I think that pasta is rather easy to make... and if you like seafood, you'll like making this up. :( What you need:1 package of linguine1 can of baby clams (cooked, in water)1 package of baby shrimp (cooked, frozen)1 package of mussels (cooked, frozen)1 can/container of spaghetti saucesaucepanpotwooden spooncolanders (optional)1.) Defrost and drain the water from the shrimp and clams. Put your desired amount of spaghetti sauce, clams, and shrimp into a saucepan. Heat and simmer on medium heat.2.) Defrost and prepare the frozen mussels according to the package.3.) Heat a generous amount of water. Add salt, if desired. When water comes to a boil, add the linguine. Cook for precisely 9 minutes, or however you like your pasta. (I hear that it's good when you can throw a strand against a wall and it sticks.) :( Remove from heat when the pasta is done.4.) Place serving of linguine on a plate; top with sauce; and serve mussels on the side.Those would be the three things you will need to do in order to make enough pasta for four generous servings. It's very easy to make, unless you want to get creative and make your own sauce or prepare your seafood beforehand.I personally use the Chunky variety of Ragu... something like a garden blend. Of course, you can use whatever you'd like.Mmm...Now I'm hungry. :)

Ok, I'm the worst cook in the world, but this week I stayed with my boyfriend and learnt to cook. I tried these things called corn fritters, they're soooo yummy but you have to be careful not to use much oil, or keep the oil hot or it ruins it.2 egg whites, beatenpinch of salt addedadd 2 tblsp of flour (it doesn't matter which kind)and a tin of creamed corn. mix it al together and fry in oil in a frypan. It's so nice.

Caribbean Chicken yummy :DServes: 6This sweet and spicy salad adds a bit of exotic flavor to just about any meal. Ready in just 20 minutes!INGREDIENTS1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained, ? cup juice reserved1 cup chopped green pepper1 cup water1 tablespoon cornstarch2 tablespoons cider vinegar2 tablespoons brown sugar1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder1/8 teaspoon dried ginger1 medium banana, diced1/4 cup slivered almonds1 cup uncooked brown riceDIRECTIONS1. In a large sauce pan cook rice according to package directions.2. In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, saut? chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.3. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.4. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.5. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.6. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.7. Serve over cooked brown rice.NUTRITION INFO (per 4-ounce chicken & 1/3-cup rice serving)Calories: 323.0Fat: 11.2 gCarbohydrates: 34.9 gProtein: 21.3 g

being a recent college grad, i learned to cook and scrounge up something from what little i had. I do like salads and pasta is always a staple. One recipe that i especially like is my tuna casserole meal that I usually eat after working out. (lots of protein)1 can of dark tuna (can't have to much mercury!)half box of rigatoni pastacavenders non-msg greek seasoning2tblsp of miracle whipcook pasta, put pasta in bowl, add tuna ontop, mix in miracle whip, then top with some non-msg greek seasoning.(serves 1)

Me and my mum once created a recipe similar to ckcomputerstallahassee. We don't have a name for our recipe, but it's a simple tuna and pasta dish.You'll need Pasta (we use Penne Pasta - but any kind will do), a small can of tuna, some tomato pasta sauce and a stock cube (the OXO Italian Stock Cubes are brilliant for this dish). You can also add Garlic Paste and/or Tomato Puree to flavour the dish to your preference.Cooking it is simple. Boil the pasta until it is to the quality you like (for this dish I recommend cooking it so it is soft but still has bite), and in another pan mix the tuna and tomato pasta sauce and cook under a gentle heat. After a short while, add the stock cube to this mix and mix well. If you are using garlic paste or tomato puree, add it in when you feel it would do the most good. Once the pasta is done, drain it and place onto a plate, then add the tuna and pasta sauce mix on top.You can serve it as it is or mix it around on the plate a bit to give the flavour to the whole plate. I also reccomend serving with bread, as not only does it accompliment the dish well, but also it can be a rather watery dish - it depends on the quality of the sauce and how well you drained the pasta.

pizza! it's easy to make cause I'm not making it ;) I take the money and buy one..as simple as that.. fast/tasty and no dirty hands..eh damn forgot about that ketchup maybe a little dirty ;)

Who doesn't like PB & J???2 pieces of breadPeanut ButterJellyKnifeSpread the PB & J On The Bread With The Knife.Make it complte with a cup of milk! YUM!

Well, I have 2 that come to my mind right now.

First is really simple, boiled vegetables with salt, pepper and some additional spices if you want. ;)

Second is, a vegetarian sandwich.

Ingredients:

Potatoes.

Onions.

Tomatoes.

Coriander.

Bread.

Butter.

Hari Chutney. (Spicy condiment made of coriander or mint and coriander together.)

Salt and grounded red chili.

Directions:

[1] Boil the potatoes. I usually do this the earlier night if I plan on having these for breakfast.

[2] Layer the bread slice with butter. This is a very important step, if you skip this, the chutney will dampen the bread and then tear it apart because of it's high liquid content. You need to spread the chutney over the butter.

[3] Peel the boiled potatoes, mash them up and add salt, grounded red chili, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions and coriander according to the expected taste.

[4] Place half a palm of mashed potatoes in the bread and then another layer of bread on top, with butter and chutney.

[5] Level it up and toast this in the sandwich toaster.

[6] Serve with additional chutney or tomato ketchup as some may like.

I don't really know if this is nutritious, but it's not oily, just heavy on carbohydrates due to all the potatoes. It's delicious nonetheless. XD

Besides, I am not vegetarian. Just being in a vegetarian household, you don't really get to learn many non-vegetarian dishes. ;)