xisto Community
mrdee

I Cannot Access My Site. [resolved] Am I blocked by Firewall?

Odd, I can't even access cpanel.I have not changed any firewall settings.Any other site loads fine.I don't even get to my login screen on the trap 17 cpanel.When trying to send or receive email (trap 17 is my smtp server) I get socket error 10060 connection timed out.I don't know whether any of the mods have any control over things, but I sent a ticket report, but I just realised I cannot receive email at my domain address, so, the ticket number is XFA-769148.Just tried to register with Xisto - Support, after I sent a support ticket.It turns out my email is already registered, but I never set a password.When trying to log in, I am told my username or password are wrong but since I can't receive mail on my domainname I won't find out my password..Will someone please help me out here?

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

I have passed the link to Admins. Hopefully they will receive it and act ASAP, but with Timezone differences, and being Christmas Eve/Day, no telling when they will be around.Soon, I hope.

Thanks.By the way, do they automatically register you when you raise a ticket?I tried to register after raising one and got the message my email was already registered, but obviously, I had not set a password.Or have I been hacked?

Not sure about the registration or the Hacking thing.Your site is working fine for me, by the way.Have you recently deleted any files in the Account Root? The ones you did not place there? Or any Mods to your .htaccess file?How are your credits?

Not sure about the registration or the Hacking thing.Your site is working fine for me, by the way.
Have you recently deleted any files in the Account Root?

I have not. I can't see how my site works for you, for me it keeps timig out (incl. cpanel and FTP does not work, nor does my email)
At first I could get past the homepage, but when I used a menu the problem started, ie. the site timed out.

The ones you did not place there? Or any Mods to your .htaccess file?

Nothing like that.

How are your credits?

15.80 days. Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

Hi,You had been blocked by one of our engineers it seems. Please stop any activities which have massive connections to the server. And check your FTP if it creates a lot of simultaneous connections.Thanks,-Shree

The same thing happened to me obviousely, and I'm still waiting for the conclusion of my problem... Now that I know what is it I did that got me on to the ban list, I'm sure not to repeat that, and I'm still waiting for the response from the support team, as I submited a support ticket on December 22nd... Hopefully, I won't have to lose my hosting here...

Hi,
You had been blocked by one of our engineers it seems. Please stop any activities which have massive connections to the server.

Thanks,

-Shree

I don't understand. According to cpanel I have only used about 1/5 of my bandwidth, and the month is almost finished.
What exactly do you mean then?

Thanks.
By the way, Merry Xmas everyone.

Hi,

Just created my hosting account and I cannot get into cpanel.

I did have 77 credits which turned into 2.5 days hosting.. grrrr.
But since you lose all the credits, Im back down to a few.
This cannot be the problem though because surely everyone will have lost all credits when they get accepted.

No firewall, or app issues local and I can access all other sites elsewhere.
This problem happens on IE and Firefox.

Please Help Me!!!!! Cpanel details. :)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Cancel that.

Peerguardian2 was blocking it!!!!!

Sorry! :)

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged

:) You can edit your own post, if your post is the last one. Please refrain from double posting.Anyway, glad that your situation is resolved. And thanks for posting a solution to your problem. I'm sure it will be helpful for others.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.