xisto Community
angad619

Bandwidth Limit Still Exceeded! Am I done for this month??

I was earlier on the basic plan at Xisto. This month I ran out of bandwith on he 13th of this month. I then decided to upgrade my account. I filed an application and was approved by the admin.

I went to https://support.xisto.com/ as I was told in the email and upgraded my account successfully.

But my site http://angadsodhi.com/ still shows the message 'Bandwidth Limit Exceeded'.

Won't the upgrade take place this month?? Will I have to wait till Jan?

Before you do the process set up you need to request the upgrade by going here. That way the admin can approve the request and then you can upgrade your hosting.

you sorta made a mess of things when you started changing things around with your hosting account and your redirects. i suggested paid hosting to solve all your problems. i still recomend it. it's only $2.95 a month at Xisto - Web Hosting. some of these errors aren't due to Xisto. your bandwidth in particular exceeded the limits. this should have been planned out to buy hosting and the appropriate bandwidth before you exceeded the limits. bud.....please....don't worry about your current problems. buy hosting so you have about 25 gigs bandwidth so you wont have these problems in the future.

sure. you upgraded. even if they upgrade your account tomorrow, next month you will have the same problems since they will only increase your bandwidth 100%. since you exceeded before the 15th(was it the 11th?) then you will exceed it when they double it and end up with the same problem on around the 22nd of next month. i tried to help ya out by mentioning this before. your upgraded hosting will not solve your bandwidth problem in the future. so PAY for hosting or lose your visitors.

i urge you to go to Xisto - Web Hosting.com right now and pay for your hosting.....please please please :P you only want to concentrate on your short term problem....but your long term one is a bigger one. i'm giving you some sound advice here

I've done that already!Here's the link: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54034-free-web-hosting-angad619-screened-approved-website-upgrade-angadsodhicom/

I've even been approved and after that I've got my account upgraded too!!

I've done that already!Here's the link: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54034-free-web-hosting-angad619-screened-approved-website-upgrade-angadsodhicom/

I've even been approved and after that I've got my account upgraded too!!

Your site is suspended because you have reached the monthly bandwidth limit. By upgrading this still hasn't lifted the suspension mode your hosting is currently facing.We have only choices which are: 1) to wait until the next month for your website to function or 2) I can override your current suspension.Normally, we wait until the next month because your hosting agreement with Xisto is clearly spelled out in our TOS and AUP (refer to Xisto Readme). But, since it's the holidays I will manually uplift your suspension. This does not mean I am going soft :P Merry Christmas.PS look into paid hosting account. Your last month's bandwidth exceeded even the hosting plan 2. I will temporarily make your site to live and then adjust to make the correction. But even with your upgrade you will exceed the bandwidth limit. 1) either double check your script so that you do not exceed 2) FTP and uploads COUNT as part of your bandwidth so limit unnecessary large file uploads and downloads 3) set your bot filter or optimize your large files such as pictures and files.

Thank you all of you people. Love you all. I have finally decided to buy the 3.33$ plan. Thank you for bearing with me Buff.But I shall need help when I buy it an a couple of days (hopefully tomorrow itself). All this nameserver and domain stuff really cofuses me.can someone explain or give me link as to what a nameserver is and what it does.Do I have to terminate my account at Xisto first (else how do I detach my domain from this account??).I'll come back to this post when I've bought the hosting.Thank You Anwii, SM and Buff.Xisto rocks \m/

when you set up your paid hosting, you just need to set up your domain name system(dns) to point to where your website is located. right not it would be ns1.trap17.com or ns2.trap17.com this lets people find your website and helps route your mail. change this as soon as you get your website hosted and change the servers to where you are hosted at. "Xisto.com" was an example.

after you get that done, post a new thread to any help you may need bud. you made a wise choice to pay for hosting with your bandwidth problems. your visitors will be gratefull too :P

can someone explain or give me link as to what a nameserver is and what it does.Do I have to terminate my account at Xisto first (else how do I detach my domain from this account??).

can someone explain or give me link as to what a nameserver is and what it does.

A nameserver converts between domain names and IP addresses. For example, when you type https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl into your browser, a nameserver will give you the IP address of the server where you can find Google (64.233.167.99). Without nameservers you would have to remember IP addresses rather than catchy domain names :P

Do I have to terminate my account at Xisto first (else how do I detach my domain from this account??).

You will have to go to the site you registered the domain with and log in to your domain control panel. From there you will need to change the nameservers to:

ns1.computinghost.com

ns2.computinghost.com

After a few hours your domain will be pointing to Xisto - Web Hosting rather than Xisto. You will also need to either delete the domain from your Xisto account, or terminate your Xisto account completely.

Thank you rvalkass for all your help. I have now finally moved onto Xisto - Web Hosting. It just happens to be that the Xisto - Web Hosting office is just 15 minutes from my college!! The new CPanel looks great!Thank you for all your help everyone!This also happens to be my 150th post!!When I do terminate my hosting at Xisto, can I still be a member and will I still be charged a credit a day??

When I do terminate my hosting at Xisto, can I still be a member and will I still be charged a credit a day??

You can still be a member on the forums - remember, you weren't hosted to start with so there are no problems with being a non-hosted member. As I seem to remember there is a bug in the script when you terminate that results in you getting -14000 credits or something, but if you are no longer hosted that really isn't an issue :P