xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musical-palace

Coldfusion Coldfusion

I guess there are not too many coldfusion fans out there...Nevertheless, it's a very cool language. Did anyone ever go on a website written all in "flash" and you wondered how cool that was and how cool it would be to make something like that and then write a topic about how easy it was....yeah....that site was written in coldfusion in flash....a very nice language for the 3d maniacs B)

The one thing that I think Coldfusion isn't popular to webmasters it the lack of support from most mainstream webhosts. I mean you have to signup for some special deals before they give you Cf support, with additional charge at that. Also, Coldfusion is harldy existent among free webhosts, and that stymies the desire to learn the language.But I agree its great for dynamic and interactive sites.

But I agree its great for dynamic and interactive sites.

Acctually, if you are looking for a dynamic and interactive site, Java script should be good enough. Its code can be embeded into a .html file and no server side support is needed. What's more, Internet Explorer supports Javascript.

Php is cool too. PHP is very useful for companies and stuff. It can be used to submit files, forms, create an interative website( as in leaving a message 'live' on a webpage) and so on...

Javascript is not too hard to learn. If you learn Javascript, it should not be hard to pick up other languages cause Javascript is very similar to languages such as C++ and C.

But as everyone says, HTML should be your first programming language!

-Shackman

Coldfusion is a server-side scripting environment like PHP, Perl/CGI, etc, and is associated with Macromedia as Visual Basic and ASP are to Microsoft. It's specifically tailored for dynamic webpages especially for e-commerce.

Acctually, if you are looking for a dynamic and interactive site, Java script should be good enough. Its code can be embeded into a .html file and no server side support is needed. What's more, Internet Explorer supports Javascript.

Php is cool too. PHP is very useful for companies and stuff. It can be used to submit files, forms, create an interative website( as in leaving a message 'live' on a webpage) and so on...

Javascript is not too hard to learn. If you learn Javascript, it should not be hard to pick up other languages cause Javascript is very similar to languages such as C++ and C.

But as everyone says, HTML should be your first programming language!

-Shackman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right, except that javascript is browser-side and is loaded with the html (unlike asp or php), meaning that the user can disable javascript as he pleases. and i know a lot of people who do disable javascript, so its best not to overuse it.

just my 2 cents