xisto Community
Aeara

My Ftp Issue. Forum Nonviewable.

My situation:I started the cpanel process and clicked on fantastico to begin downloading phpBB2 automatically on it. It had told me it couldn't continue the process because there were items that needed to be deleted, so I deleted everything, the mail regenerated itself fortunately, when I reinstalled the phpBB2 discussion board via fantastico I looked at the ftp folder and then tried to access the site via IE web browser. I got a 404 page."Not FoundThe requested URL / was not found on this server.Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Apache/1.3.39 Server at legendsofhyrule.trap17.com Port 80"This is on "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; linkBelow is what my ftp client is showing me I have:EVERYTHING UNDER "/"mail.fantasticodata.cpanel.lastloginWas the original stuff something needed for I accidentally deleted it prior to reading the directions more closely. If the missing items are needed, could you please help replace them or provide the links to the files and where they are to go on the ftp? I would greatly appreciate that.Also on a final note, I do not see anything for phpBB anywhere at all in my ftp (except for ) *you know I was looking for that listof phpBB files that were supposed to be automatically loaded*. I tried to upload my own files prior to but I guess that method doesn't work.~ Thank You.

If you have deleted all the folders like public_html, public_ftp and all the other files and folders that were there to start with then I am afraid your hosting is not going to work. Those files and folders are vital to making your hosting account work correctly. Anything you want to appear on the web should go in the public_html folder, and not in the root of your account.

As far as I know, the only way to fix this is to terminate your hosting and reapply, but I'd wait for a second opinion before going ahead with that, just in case I got that wrong.

If you have deleted all the folders like public_html, public_ftp and all the other files and folders that were there to start with then I am afraid your hosting is not going to work. Those files and folders are vital to making your hosting account work correctly. Anything you want to appear on the web should go in the public_html folder, and not in the root of your account.

As far as I know, the only way to fix this is to terminate your hosting and reapply, but I'd wait for a second opinion before going ahead with that, just in case I got that wrong.

O= Oh no! I'll have to request for them to be replaced by an admin or a moderator who has this sort of access. *facepalms self* I guess that's what happens when you panic a bit. Now that I know this I'll be making sure this doesn't happen again. I'll go ahead and see if an admin or moderator will or is able to help me. And thanks again Rvalkass you have been loads of help.

~ Aeara

I have decided to terminate my current account and reapply for a new one with the same url http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Afterwhich go to the following here please: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54059-aearas-reapplication-free-web-hosting-approved-a-suggestion-from-buffalohelp/

, in which I reapplied for my new account.

If there is anything that I should do in excess to terminating my account other than posting it here then please do pm me or post here and I'll get right on it.

~ Aeara. :P