xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

I found Xisto on google. I tried searching for "free webhosting with free cpanel". I found lots of results but the first 3 pages of results led me to free web host directory sites. After I got throught the first three pages or so I saw the link to Xisto. I visited the forum and read about 20 or so posts, then I decided to join the forum and put in a hosting request. I have been here in the forum almost every day since. :blink: You guys are great!zippy77

How I found Xisto

Yeah, I signed up ages ago, but didnt know how to use Xisto, so well I forgot about it, then after a month I recived a E-Mail from Xisto about their sever Change, so I came back and checked it out and i understood about the rules. And now I hosted, Xisto is the only site you ever need. Oo, yes I foud the site first by web hosting lists.

From

.::DAMAN::.

Well I found it because I was really looking for a good web hosting site so i was looking at the various things I wanted in a web host and Xisto had an interesting name, no ads and stacks of space and i enjoy forums so i came in today and W00T! Good times ever since :D And also the reviews were very good compared to a lot of the other free web hosting sevices. I was with geocities because i had a yahoo account and it was convinient but the server was often down and there was not much space. Xisto is mad! :o .. I was wondering about the bandwidth though, could someone please explain this to me?

I have a long story.. one of epic proportions, advertures, and other cool made up stuff :o

I was browsing and then it began... I decided to look for a good website host, so I searched all of the pages in google. When my options ran out, I was about to sign up for free MSN Community hosting ( sad, huh? ) Then, I decided to look for free Cpanel hosts because my friend said those are the best! *wink* As the results went in, there was a 4 link group on page 566, and it was called Xisto. At first I began to cry because 150mb and 5000 gb bandwidth and NO FILE SIZE limit, it was just... wow! Then I saw this posting requirements.. so I began to get into the community, and I don't think I will be leaving anytime soon! Besides, it's nice to chat with you guys..

Wellup, I joined from http://www.freewebhosts.com/ and believe me, I've had my share of webhosts, but this looks to be by far the most reliable and active. Plan to stay for quite a while. :D ^-^

Oh, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a mod here. I have the opportunity to be admin at another webhost, but I've refused, because I like it here much better. :o

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

originally I intended to say freewebhosts.com but then I discovered that this answer has already been used (thanks, johnny :o) so I'll just make up another interesting story, based on real events:It all began a few years ago, when I got my first contact to the internet - I began to build my homepage out of the box at an infamous german webspace provider (which hasn't stopped growing yet, but since they've got a limit of 20 pages maximum and nothing like PHP or SQL but only an basic editor to fill the prefab pages with content) but I had to leave it when I found out about the cool stuff that can be done with PHP and SQL.I moved on to my first experience with a post-for-space-provider where I worked myself up to a well-known member of the community but when the server crashed, it took some time until the admin told us that there won't be any hope of recovering the old data and he probably won't start a free hosting service again.After this experience, I haven't been working on any websites again but here I am again... :D

webhost review. I tried other sights but none was as good as Xisto. I hated the stupid requirements they made for people who wanted to be hosted.